Who in General is still into sneakers but just keeps a small rotation now???

ima stop buying sneakers when their worth porsche money, b.

gave abt 20 pairs away to my family. just so happened that JB has released some things ive missed out on so ive been picking up more pair. plan on getting CG ix, Bred IV/XI this year and im done forever. thatll put me back to abt 10 pair total. i mostly just rotate between my Hall of Fame 1's and my Nike Free's these days. dealing with standing in lines/fights/scams has turned me off. plus ive decided to put shoe money towards stuff like travel and retirement savings.

I only started wearing my vans because of cycling & I never wanted to bust up any of my newer shoes (like jordans & stuff) while on the track bicycle.

I still buy but only if it's something I'm missing or always wanted. Got a daily rotation of about 6 or 7

BC 3'S
WC 3'S
Bred 13's
Bord 7's
AM 90 Infrared
Free runs

yup i sold everything that was worth any value
my collection is now somewhere at 30 pairs but that consist of Brons, Kobes, KDS and a bunch of running shoes or comps from the job
shoes that get marked down plus a store sale and my employee discount making a $105 shoe go to like $30 is the only time i really cop anything
nowadays

next release I will prob buy is the Raptor 7's

if I had them in OG form then I generally tend to buy

A little less than 100 pair, and I wear the same 7 yr old pair of vans slip-ons 95% of the time.. 
30t6p3b.gif

I plan to start a foundation and donate every last pair, I don't care about recouping any money or going through the troubles of selling. 

No, I still have 80+ pairs and idk when I will stop, but my usual rotation is a little more casual than sport the older I get

Still have most that I've purchased when I was into it heavy. Now I'll but a few that I like but other than that, I just rotate what I have. Bout to start gettin into shoes more both dress and casual

Still have a bunch of pair. Still buy pairs I like here and there.  Only the pairs of sneakers in rotation though. 
Foamposite Pearls - Everyday wear

Air max 97 Gold - Everyday wear

Nike shox (I forgot which ones) - Gym/Running

I'm still into sneakers and have probably over 300 now. Only wear about 8 new pairs yearly since foams are usually my choice for work.

I have 15-20 pairs now and only 3 or 4 get worn often enough. I'll always appreciate sneakers, but I'm losing interest...few pairs on my radar, but I'm not serious about it anymore.

Originally Posted by VietStar

*Raises hand*
I've downsized so much over the past few years and just keep the ones that are practical. 
Prioritizing, this man has been.
pimp.gif

I'm still into sneakers but only have like 20 or 25 pairs of shoes and i wear like 6-8.

whole new mindset.. It's almost back to when how it was when we were kids...

I've just completely stopped buying.. It's all about actually WEARING the shoes now. I may retire 3-4 pairs when the year is done, due to aging and overall crumbling. I may take a 2 year break, and use up what I spent so much time, effort, and money accumulating. It needs to be put to use.

NT definitely builds a mindset where nothing is ever really broken in or worn looking. It's that buy buy buy mentality. WDYWT threads are filled with shoes that never look worn. where are the beaters?

But once you get outside of the internet, you realize how crazy of an umbrella these shoe messageboards create for thousands..

Got about 7 pairs I wear around when I go out....Sperrys, nikes, jordans, sandals.

Then 5 nice pairs to ball in.

I stopped actively seeking out and collecting sneakers almost a decade ago, but I still love them and think it's cool when kids are into the obsession.  Outside of our own footwear, I rotate through select Jordans and Free+2s, but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom