Who is the all time most famous athlete in the world?

Top of the stairs at the boxing club. GOAT

IMG_20190417_180010.jpg

Saying the rest of the world doesn't know or care about Jordan is absolutely false. Go to any of those streetside shops anywhere in Europe or Asia, and all you'll see are fake/real Jordan (and Steph Curry :lol: ) jerseys. People might not know his EXACT number of accomplishments, but he's well known as the GOAT basketball player everywhere

Also, not knowing who Cristiano Ronaldo is...how is this even possible in this modern era? It doesn't even matter if you watch the sport or not; he's literally the face/one of the faces of many of the biggest companies on Earth

Even back in the early-mid 2000s the meathead American football players at my high school used to call him all sorts of homophobic names because of how much the girls liked him

Perspective.

Speaking for MY people that don't watch futbol AT ALL, not knowing CR is not knowing a top music act in a music genre that traditionally hasn't made music for black people.

It is VERY easy not to know who dude is

ESPN has a list and a cricket player is number 6 or something. A goddamn cricket player. I get it, population of India is wild but still, no damn cricket player should be on it. :lol:

Perspective.

Speaking for MY people that don't watch futbol AT ALL, not knowing CR is not knowing a top music act in a music genre that traditionally hasn't made music for black people.

It is VERY easy not to know who dude is

Are you referring to black people in general or black people in your neighborhood/community?

If it's the former, I have no idea how you can attribute not knowing Cristiano Ronaldo to race, as football has MASSIVE numbers of black fans all over Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa. Black Americans not knowing who he is=Americans being oblivious to rest of the world in general

Don't want to sound like I'm caping for him; he's an alleged rapist and the news is hardly paying attention to the investigation, but that's beside the point

Last edited:
To put it in perspective

The most watched superbowl bad 114 MILLION viewers.
The most watched NBA finals had 90 MILLION in the last 5 minutes of the Cavs comeback over the warriors.

The world cup averages 3 BILLION viewers and ronaldo has been to FOUR.
That's 12 BILLION people times the number of household tv's in the world (1.4 billion )

That's 16.8 billion and if you round up that basically means that 17 BILLION people in the world know who Cristiano ronaldo is.

To put it in perspective

The most watched NBA finals had 90 MILLION in the last 5 minutes of the Cavs comeback over the warriors.

That's 12 BILLION people times the number of household tv's in the world (1.4 billion )

That's 16.8 billion and if you round up that basically means that 17 BILLION people in the world know who Cristiano ronaldo is.

So many variables to this (repeat viewers, etc) but yeah agreed. :lol:

Are you referring to black people in general or black people in your neighborhood/community?

If it's the former, I have no idea how you can attribute not knowing Cristiano Ronaldo to race, as football has MASSIVE numbers of black fans all over Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa. Black Americans not knowing who he is=Americans being oblivious to rest of the world in general

Don't want to sound like I'm caping for him; he's an alleged rapist and the news is hardly paying attention to the investigation, but that's beside the point

Inner city black folks that don't follow futbol is who I am referring to.

My point is it isn't far fetched for people in THAT demo to not know who CR is.

That is all I am saying here.
That is my ONLY point about the, "How can ypu not know CR" question.

Quite possible

To put it in perspective

It's also estimated 350+ million people watch the CL Final which Ronaldo won in '14, '15, '16, and '17.

To put it in perspective

So twice the number of people on this planet know Cristiano Ronaldo. Will be tough to top that number.

There's so many inner city ppl that do know CR7 tho, black and otherwise, even ones that don't watch soccer until the world cup types know him. Especially with as many ppl that play fifa too

Inner city black folks that don't follow futbol is who I am referring to.

My point is it isn't far fetched for people in THAT demo to not know who CR is.

That is all I am saying here.
That is my ONLY point about the, "How can ypu not know CR" question.

Quite possible

I feel like if you show 100 random people a picture of Ronaldo, 30 will know who he is. He could still be the most popular athlete in the world, but in America, he's not that recognizable.

There's so many inner city ppl that do know CR7 tho, black and otherwise, even ones that don't watch soccer until the world cup types know him. Especially with as many ppl that play fifa too
Again read.

I am not saying if they do or DON'T , I am saying the ones THAT don't is a completely possible situation and isn't as far fetched as some are making it out to be.

Please
Read
Carefully

Back
Top Bottom