Who really cares if Rose cheated?

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

smh.gif

It's called integrity.

LOL...okay selling drugs is an extreme. But for some kids, thats all they know. I said that only because I kow a few guys that were nice (maybe not NBA nice)that did !!*% with their lives after being turned down for D1 schools b/c o their grades.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not celebrating because he cheated. I just don't like the NBAs rule and the fact that kids can possibly lose it allif anything were to happen in that one year. Colleges making big bucks off these kids.

THIS IS WHY THE NBA SHOULD LET PLAYERS GO TO THE DRAFT STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. HAVING KIDS GO TO COLLEGE FOR ONE YEAR IS POINTLESS. YOU AINT GETTING A ONEYEAR COLLEGE DEGREE SO WHATS THE POINT?

EDIT
antbanks is on point ....

where i'm from...i have seen many people where all they have is basketball and if not...guess where they end up? the streets. this aint a cliche this reallife man....bank on it....every year there's some kids who arent going to college but have the talent to ball out because of their SATS. look at Jenningsplaying in Europe. more and more people will start to do what he did and just head out to europe. not everyone has the gift to do good in school. school aintcut out for everybody and thats what some people just dont understand

What u dont seem to understand is that to get to the NBA u have to work hard and not just on your basketball skills, your grades and everything else that leadsup to that point is a part of that. If you dont make it because of your grades and it leads to you selling drugs
eyes.gif
you !!*#ed up your life not the league. In the end all it means is that you justdidnt work hard enough and you dont deserve to be there.

ps....Memphis is my favorite NCAA basketball team

###% that. Having someone else take the SAT for you is a serious offense.

And if Calipari knew or had any role in setting it up, he deserves banishment from the NCAA for good.

Why do/will any of us go to college? To earn a piece of paper that says you know something about something. Athletes go to hone their game and get attention ofscouts. Let a player play and a chemistry major learn.

When these guys make it to the pros, it about performing on the field and doing some community work. An ACT or SAT score has nothing to do with PPG. Plus onceyou're in, you're in.

^^^ LOL @ besthands

great points Tenn, I agree with your comparison of business majors

shatterknees, don't get me started on that topic G. All I will say is its their body that is used to feed their families. What makes it cheating if thedrugs or "creams" are available to everybody?

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Why do/will any of us go to college? To earn a piece of paper that says you know something about something. Athletes go to hone their game and get attention of scouts. Let a player play and a chemistry major learn.

When these guys make it to the pros, it about performing on the field and doing some community work. An ACT or SAT score has nothing to do with PPG. Plus once you're in, you're in
See this is where your wrong.

Just like any other job these bball players have to take there SAT's to determine where they hone there skills...just like anyone planning on going toschool for say, Business have to take theirs to determine where they can hone there business skills. The better you do on this test the better school you getto go to for honing your respective skills.

And when these bussiness majors graduate and make into there real job. There SAT has nothing to do with it its how you did in college that counts just like anyBBall player. Cause like you said once you're in, you're in.

Why do/will any of us go to college? To earn a piece of paper that says you know something about something. Athletes go to hone their game and get attention of scouts. Let a player play and a chemistry major learn.

When these guys make it to the pros, it about performing on the field and doing some community work. An ACT or SAT score has nothing to do with PPG. Plus once you're in, you're in.

i see where your comming from somewhat but its a slap in the face to those who busted their butt studying for the sat.

being realisitc though with this being the real world something like this happening is expected.

some people aren't necessarily book smart and i'm sure when people are gassing you up and giving you favorable treatment from as early as the 4th or5th grade doing decent in school wouldn't be much of a priority but for the players own good they should take it upon themselves to educate themselves asmuch as possible just to have a back up plan to function in the real world. sure your only going to college for a year, thats understanable but at least try tolearn common things that you'll need to function with in the real world, regardless if you learn it in high school or college.

theres alot of professional athletes that are DUMB and have people doing the most easiest tasks for them from a real early age. i would think in most of thecases, its more the athlete was too lazy or had everything taken care of to even try and learn then that person actually being dumb

hearing about athletes going broke has become somewhat of a common thing.

while an act or sat score has nothing to do with ppg, its a really good backup plan if you don't wanna have a post playing career that consists of doingcard autograph shows for chump change.

Give it until after next bball season and no one will remember...Or they will intentionally forget.

I love how the NCAA and NBA is at fault for D.Rose cheating on his SAT's. I mean %$@@, if the system wasn't so "hard" he wouldn't havehad to resort to those measures
ohwell.gif

sheeeiiiitttt, no one will remember this when the next season starts BadaBing

DoubleJs, I'm not blaming the NBA and NCAA systems, I'm simply saying the kid did what he had to do to comply.

lakermets49ers, you're right, it should be unfair that some can get away with cheating while others put in work. I've been on both side of the fenceand I will continue to do whatever is necessary.

Man, if you cant get a 970 of your SAT's you should kill yourself for being a waste of Oxygen.

sheeeiiiitttt, no one will remember this when the next season starts BadaBing

DoubleJs, I'm not blaming the NBA and NCAA systems, I'm simply saying the kid did what he had to do to comply.

lakermets49ers, you're right, it should be unfair that some can get away with cheating while others put in work. I've been on both side of the fence and I will continue to do whatever is necessary.

Yeah...You're probably right, but I figure it'll be brought up a few times...More so on the college level. Heck I don't really care...I've cometo expect and accept these things.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Man, if you cant get a 970 of your SAT's you should kill yourself for being a waste of Oxygen.
so your saying if billy the mentally challenged kid who has learning disabilities tries his best to take the test, studies hard and gets a scorein the low 900s he's a waste of oxygen

get the hell outta here with that.

When these guys make it to the pros, it about performing on the field and doing some community work. An ACT or SAT score has nothing to do with PPG. Plus once you're in, you're in.
If you don't want to go to class, go play elsewhere.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

so your saying if billy the mentally challenged kid who has learning disabilities tries his best to take the test, studies hard and gets a score in the low 900s he's a waste of oxygen

get the hell outta here with that.
Why dudes have to take things so literally?

Originally Posted by BadaBing

^ Why'd you choose the name Billy?
laugh.gif
Just curious?

because it sounds like a name that one of the special ed kids would have.

no offense to any special ed kids or to any of the billys that post on here.

How can you play elsewhere when you're in the american school system? Gotta go to HS, can't just hang on the court all day.

Just consider the alternatives when you figure that you strip away these kids gift.

I'd rather he cheat to go to school rather than resorting to crime, REAL CRIME

Back
Top Bottom