Who would’ve thought Seinfeld is more woke than Chris Rock

I would have expected him to check him on it and have a spine. At the least say what Seinfeld said at the end. It's sad that Seinfeld felt more embarrassed and offended by it than Chris.

Check him on it how when he has a famous stand up segment on Black ppl vs. ******? Y’all gone understand that y’all can’t control what ppl say only how you react to it, these lil make believe rules y’all have that we the only ppl “allowed” to say a word is false and it’s holding **** up in the real movement. Ppl use the word, both versions, whether you like it or not...If Chris wasn’t offended, how are y’all mad? How are y’all gone tell somebody how they should feel about something just because they’re black and MAYBE you would have reacted different? Cut the fake outrage man you got better **** to give a **** about.

Check him on it how when he has a famous stand up segment on Black ppl vs. *****s? Y’all gone understand that y’all can’t control what ppl say only how you react to it, these lil make believe rules y’all have that we the only ppl “allowed” to say a word is false and it’s holding **** up in the real movement. Ppl use the word, both versions, whether you like it or not...If Chris wasn’t offended, how are y’all mad? How are y’all gone tell somebody how they should feel about something just because they’re black and MAYBE you would have reacted different? Cut the fake outrage man you got better **** to give a **** about.

Just cause you will let a white dude air that out in front of you and I won't don't make it fake outrage. Clearly he's not offended because if Louis CK is that comfortable saying all that in front of his face on camera then he's said it before to him in conversation. If Seinfeld can see the wrong in what was said, then I know Chris can because he's not dumb. He's one of the smarter comedians out there. I'm not of the comedians should be able to say what they want crowd. It's one thing for Chris to joke about that, its another for Louis to do it.

Last edited:
Funny is funny and louis ck is exactly that. The times he used it have been, to me , hilarious as ****.

He almost flips it on his head, takes it out of its normal use and examines its absurdity without explaining it.

Ya should watch that whole show with those four comics. It gives a bit of insight of how they approach comedy.

nah. foh.

People gotta stop being bothered by others "fake outrage" and just let people be bothered by what they're bothered by. If it doesn't bother you nor affect you just keep it pushing. At the end of the day we're all human, and all undoubtedly have a button that can be pushed over something someone else considers trivial or meaningless so no need to be hypocritical.

CK takes the same approach to the gay slur starting with F. He feels there is a distinct difference is and is not intending to harm when he says either word.

It's awkward to say the least, but CK is a pretty hilarious comedian, IMO. Hard to be a great comedian without going to uncomfortable places.
People do plenty of harmful things without intending for them to be harmful.

I’m a huge fan of Louis CK’s stand up but I remember seeing that when it first came out and all I could do is cringe. It definitely made me look at Louis, Chris, and Ricky a lil different.

I mean you watch a clip like this and you know Louis CK gets it when it comes to race but it’s disappointing he felt like saying the n word so easily.

Funny how much y’all give Seinfeld a pass for doing what’s hes supposed to do :rofl:

I can pull up some images of Seinfeld that would be pretty disturbing once you understood his stance on a few things. Including things he’s said.

Even when I was a big Louis CK fan, his use of the n word on stage turned me off. I think he thinks the shock around the use can be used to generate comedy, and maybe for some it can, but that **** was never funny to me.

Quick thought; does Jerry still communicate with Michael Richards?
Last I seen em together was in the first season of “comedians in cars getting coffee” (which is a great show - most episodes at least) . they talked about the situation briefly & I’m sure they’re still cool since they spent all those years on set

Notice how he went at him so hard then had to backtrack in a weak *** attempt to save himself “see there’s still those words . .” after dude stepped to him and started calling him out . The crowd was laughing then went quiet halfway through when they realized it really was uncalled for . Kramer realized he ****** up and couldn’t keep the same energy then dipped :smh:
jerry seem like a standup dude
Jerry is the man , this meant a lot to me because it’s a huge part of my ethos that was directly applied to various areas of my life through skateboarding . Eating **** is humbling

edit : visited fam in NYC for thanksgiving & my uncle gave me the full Seinfeld DVD set . Never got into it since I was too young to appreciate the humor , gonna start watching it after I finish narcos

Last edited:
He apologized for it and understood his mistake years later. People are allowed to be wrong.

This situation tho is him just looking like a fool.

He apologized for it, then went on to do this foolishness. If he undsterstood his first mistake, he wouldnt have made his second one. Which means he didnt mean the apology nor did he learn anything from the backlash that stemmed from his initial transgression.

Son came with a hard R.

Jerry legit said nahhhhh bruh, you can't do that. Right Chris? He can't do that. Somebody should say something. Should I say something? I'm gonna say something.

And Chris came and said nah Jerry, you just don't understand. Louis is cool.

House slave uncle ruckus Sam jack django ****.

Last edited:
Don't be fooled.

http://time.com/5911/jerry-seinfeld-diversity/
https://www.salon.com/2015/06/11/je...p_what_his_anti_p_c_tirades_are_really_about/
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/jerry-seinfeld-roseanne-barr-abc-firing-overkill-1201978933/#!
https://observer.com/1998/03/seinfe...ive-ally-mcshutupalready-a-decadent-sag-show/

Thursday, March 5

Did you happen to catch that Seinfeld episode this season in which a young performance artist, played by Kathy Griffin, does a monologue calling Jerry Seinfeld “the devil”? Well, it looks like Obie Award-winning actor Danny Hoch, 27, was the basis for that one. He’ll be doing a solo show starting March 30 at Performance Space 122, directed by Jo (“Don’t Call Me Mrs. Eric Bogosian”) Bonney, and in it he does a long monologue calling Jerry Seinfeld “the enemy.” Mr. Hoch performed the Seinfeld-as-enemy bit in Los Angeles in November of last year and believes that word got back to the target of his rant, leading to the Kathy Griffin spot.…

Now why would Mr. Hoch hate America’s Beloved Entertainer? He said it goes back to the time when he couldn’t bring himself to play the part of a Latin pool boy in the stereotyped manner demanded by the Seinfeld star. It was a show from 1995 that involved Jerry and Newman swimming at a health club. Mr. Hoch was supposed to play an unsavory pool boy with a heavy Spanish accent; at the end of the episode, the pool boy has drowned, and neither Jerry nor Newman is willing to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.…

Mr. Hoch’s experience gives a nice glimpse of how the show’s cast, including Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards and its ex-head writer, Larry David, work together in a minor backstage crisis.…

“I normally don’t do sitcoms because they really have no substance and are about passivity rather than activity,” said Mr. Hoch, beginning to explain why he originally took the gig, “but I had just gotten back from Cuba, and I was disoriented. I had never watched a whole episode, but my honest logic was that if this is the most watched thing on TV, and if I’m on it, more people will come see my theater. When I read the script, I saw what the part could possibly be, and so I called up and said, ‘This isn’t your stereotypical Spanish-speaking pool guy, is it?’-because otherwise, I wasn’t getting on the plane. And they said, ‘Not at all, it can be whoever you want to be.’ But when I got there, I found out it was the stupid one-dimensional role that I didn’t want to do.…

“During the table read-through, I did the part as a higher-strung version of me. And everyone laughed, and I think they were maybe embarrassed to ask me to do it in a Spanish accent with, like, 30 people sitting around. Once you finish the read-through, you get up and block it, and then it was just me and Jerry and Jason and Julia and Michael and the director, and I think they felt like they could ask me then. It’s what they had in their mind, but it came as a surprise to me. When they asked me, I thought, ‘Aaaah, I should have followed my instincts.’ …

“We got into a discussion, which got into an argument. Jerry and the director Andy [Ackerman] came up to me, and they were like, ‘Why not?’ And I was like, ‘The role is stupid and it’s a clown and I have no problem doing it and it’s funny, but I can’t do the Spanish accent because it’s one-dimensional.’ I said, ‘Why does it have to be in Spanish? Why can’t it be Israeli?’ And Jerry said, ‘Because it’s funnier that way.’ Which is when it became obvious to me that there was nowhere else to go with the discussion. So he called Larry David on his cell phone, and 10 minutes later he came down and said, ‘Why did you fly all the way across the continent for this? It’s just a half-hour comedy show, what’s the big deal?’ And I said, ‘It’s a big deal to me because there’s too many friends of mine who are highly trained actors that are Cuban and Puerto Rican and Dominican, and all they get asked to do are one-dimensional roles and here I am, not even Latino, and you’re asking me to play a clown and I can’t.’ …

“Everyone was laughing when I was doing it as me, but it seemed to be a Jerry issue-he really believed it was funnier in a Spanish accent. And the sad thing is, maybe it would have been funnier to people in a Spanish accent. And what does that say about the American people? I don’t do the work that I do to make fun of the people that I play, but to make fun of the audience. They tried to give me a guilt trip like ‘You’re just a kid from New York and we’re Seinfeld ,’ and, basically, they were like, ‘You’re ruining our lunch.’ …

“Jason and Julia were really cool about it. They were very supportive, and they both said, ‘If that’s what your instincts tell you to do, then you shouldn’t do it.’ But Michael Richards was like, ‘Just do it or else they’re going to replace you.’ And I was like, ‘Who gives a ****! My life doesn’t revolve around this ****!’ I think Jerry thought I was challenging his position, like who the hell am I to question him. It was almost as if he was doing me a favor because every actor in the world wants to be on Seinfeld . But not me. So the next thing I knew, I got back to the hotel and they said the rehearsal the next day was postponed while they found someone else, and then they told me I could fly home as soon as I liked. And I never got paid for the day’s work.” …

Back
Top Bottom