-Who's Year is it? Gucci's or Drakes?-

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by cartune

Gucci's buzz is more than a year old Drake's started in Februrary.
Far from factual. Drake's buzz started after Comeback Season and double when he linked up with Wayne last year.
laugh.gif
Son No. I know on NT people were buzzin but you ask aDrake fan now if they've heard CS or RFI half havent.

Everyone is still talking about The Movie, Gucci Sosa, EA Sportscenter all came out in '08.

Hell Freaky Girl came out in '07. Rollin came out in '06-07.

to the average listener Drake came out of nowhere just like to NT Gucci came out of nowhere. Outside of the internet Gucci is a damn near a vet

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

drake got the hood and the burbs... he wins...
what hood?
I don't know where you live...but where I live...all the _'s in the hood bump Wayne religiously and that's the only reason they evenknow who Drake is.

to the average listener Drake came out of nowhere just like to NT Gucci came out of nowhere. Outside of the internet Gucci is a damn near a vet
So Far Gone was so popular when it dropped because of the anticipation. Dude had like 60K Downloads within the first day he dropped it on theblog. I take it you think most of those people were "new" listeners? People knew he was before SFG...and it wasn't "just on NT".

Originally Posted by Im Not You

inspektahdeck wrote:
So Far Gone was so popular when it dropped because of the anticipation. Dude had like 60K Downloads within the first day he dropped it on the blog. I take it you think most of those people were "new" listeners? People knew he was before SFG...and it wasn't "just on NT".

Yeah they knew who he was but not for Comeback Season. They knew him as "That one guy on Degrassi" or "That one guy with TreySongz" or "That dude on all the Wayne tracks whose better than everyone else in Young Money by a mile".

They didn't know him as the guy on comeback season rapping over Goapele that's for sure

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Still dont see what people see in Gucci....

Maybe is more of what he represents than his lyrics?...

I'm pretty convinced that most people who give Gucci a "chance" are so wrapped up I their preconceived notions about dudes rapping ability that they don't even listen to the lyrics (which is probably the majority of hip hop listeners anyway). I swear a lot of Gucci fans fall into this category too.

Now if you don't rock with Gucci because of the subject matter that's completely understandable. It's some ignorant %@@* and I can see why some wouldn't want to 'poison' their mind with it. But a lot of y'all fool yourselves. The lyrics are there, might not me any thing complex but complexity wouldn't fit with his flow, delivery, or style. He actually reminds me of Binary Stars One Be Lo in the sense that like Lo, he just be conversatin with you.

Nobody raps about jewlery, cars, designer clothing, piping *$@$+#%, doing drugs, moving drugs, partying, stuntin, etc better than Gucci. Not to mention he says some of the funniest %@@* I've ever heard over a beat. People are startin to jump on this "Gucci's an entertainer not a rapper" bandwagon. Poor n_'s is only half right.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my $@@*+ starky always goin hard
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LMAO @ "Drake got the hood". The majority of Drake's fanbase have uterus'. 50's buzz was more universal...

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Still dont see what people see in Gucci....

Maybe is more of what he represents than his lyrics?...

I'm pretty convinced that most people who give Gucci a "chance" are so wrapped up I their preconceived notions about dudes rapping ability that they don't even listen to the lyrics (which is probably the majority of hip hop listeners anyway). I swear a lot of Gucci fans fall into this category too.

Now if you don't rock with Gucci because of the subject matter that's completely understandable. It's some ignorant %@@* and I can see why some wouldn't want to 'poison' their mind with it. But a lot of y'all fool yourselves. The lyrics are there, might not me any thing complex but complexity wouldn't fit with his flow, delivery, or style. He actually reminds me of Binary Stars One Be Lo in the sense that like Lo, he just be conversatin with you.

Nobody raps about jewlery, cars, designer clothing, piping *$@$+#%, doing drugs, moving drugs, partying, stuntin, etc better than Gucci. Not to mention he says some of the funniest %@@* I've ever heard over a beat. People are startin to jump on this "Gucci's an entertainer not a rapper" bandwagon. Poor n_'s is only half right.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my $@@*+ starky always goin hard
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
*The Rock applauding gif*

Answer: Drake

By a downfall? No

The ones who are saying Drake don't got the streets? !#!+ outta here. I was in NYC most of the Summer and __ s was bumping SFG or any feature he had outheavy. Here it's the same thing the same underlining haters are still bumping dudes *%*+ and anyone affiliated with Drake those same street __s is runningbehind. A music listener especially one in the Rap Genre are as fickle as ever, now that everyone and their mama is co-signing (Hov, 'Ye, Wayne, Em, Nas,Timbo, Khaled, Diddy) people are now downplaying.

I'm chilling with _s from Y-O and they're all burning blasting SFG, I'm riding through Harlem and cats posted waiting for "customers" isbumping the *%*+. The answer is easily Drake because he's already broken through to the mainstream with the big names that love his work and co-sign theman.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Drake's buzz is not organic

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Gucci OWNS the streets below jersey

Granted I got Drake doin' huge #'s when he drops that album

And I'm basing that of SFG EP sales..

%@++ was free a few months ago...

smh.gif

pretty much.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is.
NO.

Yes, I said it twice, and imma say it again...Son was on MARIAH CAREYS SINGLE !!!.... Son gets MTV time just like Drizzy does
laugh.gif

Dang so i guess its a east coast south thing cause dudes is not even messing with wayne anymore down here. Drake was the buzz in "the streets" whenhe first came out. but nobody saying u heard drizzy on that new mary j, jaime foxx,etc.

Whats the hottest song in the club right now? With nooooo label push or tv networks?

Gucc has done more with less. Drake owned the first 2 quarters tho

NO.

Yes, I said it twice, and imma say it again...Son was on MARIAH CAREYS SINGLE !!!.... Son gets MTV time just like Drizzy does
laugh.gif
One single does not mean entrenched. You really think Gucci Mane is relevant outside of the US?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Answer: Drake

By a downfall? No Landslide? OF COURSE.

The ones who are saying Drake don't got the streets? !#!+ outta here. I was in NYC most of the Summer and __ s was bumping SFG or any feature he had out heavy. Here it's the same thing the same underlining haters are still bumping dudes *%*+ and anyone affiliated with Drake those same street __s is running behind. A music listener especially one in the Rap Genre are as fickle as ever, now that everyone and their mama is co-signing (Hov, 'Ye, Wayne, Em, Nas, Timbo, Khaled, Diddy) people are now downplaying.

I'm chilling with _s from Y-O and they're all burning blasting SFG, I'm riding through Harlem and cats posted waiting for "customers" is bumping the *%*+. The answer is easily Drake because he's already broken through to the mainstream with the big names that love his work and co-sign the man.

NO.

laugh.gif
One single does not mean entrenched. You really think Gucci Mane is relevant outside of the US?

Im pretty sure UK cats mess with Gucci...

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 knowwho Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 know who Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.

Where the hell do you live? In some type of polygamist Village....?

Gucci >>> Drake

I can't listen to that whining voice and same lyrics over and over. At least when I hear Gucci I'm gonna hear a dope beat and he's gonna make melaugh

Are some of y'all serious?
I'm a HUUUUGE Gucci fan, but come on.
If I go to a white sorority house right now and ask them who Gucci Mane is, they'll hit me with a
indifferent.gif

StaXX wrote:
Are some of y'all serious?
I'm a HUUUUGE Gucci fan, but come on.
If I go to a white sorority house right now and ask them who Gucci Mane is, they'll hit me with a
indifferent.gif

nahhh son white girls was loving gucci since Is You Rollin. I know for a fact white chicks request Gucci all the time university of Alabama,Auburn University, Troy U all white girls ask for is Gucci of course they like Drake too. But gucci has more hits far as people requesting songs or what not.

Back
Top Bottom