pimp.gif
still is.

^ [gucci]We ride them old school verts under the georgia cali sun"[/gucci]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"I'm startin out my day with a blunt of purp/ no pancakes jus a cup of surp" Gucci!...

Drake still did his thing this year. Props.

I mean Drake's album will most likely be better just based off Production and Feats.

Burrprint 3 was beyond horrible and i was rockin sons old mixtapes everyday last summer..

Since this is such a simple question (Drakes the obvious choice) I'll ask a new one....

Why the %+#! isn't Gotti blowing up? Everything he puts out is heat.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 know who Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.

Where the hell do you live? In some type of polygamist Village....?
Yup, that exactly where I live...

Corny...

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 know who Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.
You have NO credibility on opinions about hip-hop, you've proved this numerous times.

You must live in Maine or some wack %#@@...
indifferent.gif
Yeah because being a Gucci fan makes you ooze credibility..Get your lame %!% out of here..

You have NO credibility on opinions about hip-hop, you've proved this numerous times.

indifferent.gif
Yeah because being a Gucci fan makes you ooze credibility..Get your lame $*@ out of here..

Wait, this %$*% is still being discussed?

Those siding with Gucci...you still haven't brought a compelling argument to the table except showing white girls in the south reciting Gucci's lyrics
laugh.gif

And somebody said take away Drake's collab with Jamie Foxx and Gucci's features would match Drakes....
laugh.gif

Anytime Mary J and Jay come to YOU to feature on their track then you know you doin' it. And that Gucci feature on Mariah's track was a remix. Shedidn't even scoop him for the official single. I still don't hear the remix as much as I hear the original around the tri-state/Boston area.

To all the Drake fans, why are ya'll acting like Baby isn't going to milk homie then leave him out to dry word to the OG Hot Boyz?

To be honest I'm not really checking for either but Drake seems like he's taking this %@%! seriously where as Gucci could kind of give a !%*+. I thinkthat's why I dig Gucci's non rapping !%!.

I take nothing away from Drake's abilities.....but to me he comes off as a lame that can write.

Gucci mane's hilarious, he's that bad...yet entertaining.

Seems like gucci's alot more comfortable in his element that drake, who i see as nothing more than a product of the industry machine.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I take nothing away from Drake's abilities.....but to me he comes off as a lame that can write.

Gucci mane's hilarious, he's that bad...yet entertaining.

Seems like gucci's alot more comfortable in his element that drake, who i see as nothing more than a product of the industry machine.

I guess that's what I was trying to say.

I wish more NTer's knew about the industry... like looking at BDS reports. Thats one of the main indicators of seeing whose "HOT" and track howsongs are performing regionally. Drakes spins surpass Gucci's by a long way, Best I Ever Had is one of the most played songs of 09 and I think Successfulis in the top aswell. Dude has an thats currently at like 150K... we ain't talkin a studio album or mixtape and "EP" his EP is selling more thansome cats albums. Plus in the long term Drake is way more marketable than Gucci Mane

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

I wish more NTer's knew about the industry... like looking at BDS reports. Thats one of the main indicators of seeing whose "HOT" and track how songs are performing regionally. Drakes spins surpass Gucci's by a long way, Best I Ever Had is one of the most played songs of 09 and I think Successful is in the top aswell. Dude has an thats currently at like 150K... we ain't talkin a studio album or mixtape and "EP" his EP is selling more than some cats albums. Plus in the long term Drake is way more marketable than Gucci Mane

You dont need to be in the industry to know that basic info that you just stated....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

I wish more NTer's knew about the industry... like looking at BDS reports. Thats one of the main indicators of seeing whose "HOT" and track how songs are performing regionally. Drakes spins surpass Gucci's by a long way, Best I Ever Had is one of the most played songs of 09 and I think Successful is in the top aswell. Dude has an thats currently at like 150K... we ain't talkin a studio album or mixtape and "EP" his EP is selling more than some cats albums. Plus in the long term Drake is way more marketable than Gucci Mane

You dont need to be in the industry to know that basic info that you just stated....
laugh.gif
May be true but I know alot of people who just know about SoundScan and not BDS or Mediabase.

btw speaking of Top 10 most played Urban singles

chart_header.gif

[table][tr][th="col"] [/th] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
1w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
number_one.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PLEASURE P Under
ATLANTIC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
1 week(s) at number 1
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]3905[/td] [td]+106[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]26.399[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
2w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]JAY-Z, RIHANNA & KANYE WEST Run This Town
ROC NATION[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]3876[/td] [td]+189[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]28.554[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
3w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]GUCCI MANE FEAT. PLIES Wasted
ASYLUM/WARNER BROS.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]3764[/td] [td]+192[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]27.931[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
4_nb.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]DRAKE FEAT. TREY SONGZ & LIL WAYNE Successful
YOUNG MONEY/CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL MOTOWN[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]3587[/td] [td]-466[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]27.305[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
5_nb.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]MARIO FEAT. GUCCI MANE & SEAN G. Break Up
J/RMG[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]3501[/td] [td]-387[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]30.894[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
6_nb.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]MAXWELL Pretty Wings
COLUMBIA[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]2948[/td] [td]-312[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]27.902[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
7w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]DRAKE, KANYE WEST, LIL WAYNE & EMINEM Forever
HMM/ZONE 4/STREAMLINE/INTERSCOPE[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]2762[/td] [td]+425[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]23.308[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
8w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]R. KELLY FEAT. KERI HILSON Number One
JIVE/JLG[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]2759[/td] [td]+11[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]21.810[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
9_nb.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]TREY SONGZ FEAT. GUCCI MANE & SOULJA BOY TELL'EM LOL :smile:
SONGBOOK/ATLANTIC[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]2660[/td] [td]-48[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]17.639[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
10w.gif

[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]LETOYA FEAT. LUDACRIS Regret
CAPITOL[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]2449[/td] [td]+83[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]16.777[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Most added
URBAN MOST ADDED [emoji]169[/emoji]
Issue Date:
10/24/2009

most_added_header.gif

[table][tr][th="col"] [/th] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]USHER Papers (LAFACE/JLG)
KBTT, KBXX, KIPR, KJMM, KKDA, KMEL, KNDA, KOPW, KPRS, KRRQ, KVSP, Sirius XM The Heat, WBFA, WBLK, WBTF, WBTJ, WBTP, WCDX, WDKX, WEDR, WEMX, WENZ, WERQ, WEUP, WFXA, WFXE, WGCI, WGZB, WHHH, WHHL, WHRK, WHTA, WHXT, WJBT, WJKS, WJLB, WJMI, WJTT, WJUC, WJWZ, WJZD, WJZE, WKYS, WOWI, WPEG, WPGC, WPHI, WPRW, WPWX, WQHH, WQOK, WRBJ, WUSL, WVEE, WWPR, WWWZ, WXBT, WZFX, WZHT
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]TREY SONGZ FEAT. DRAKE I Invented Sex (SONGBOOK/ATLANTIC)
KBTT, KIPR, KJMM, KKDA, KNDA, KOPW, KPRS, KRRQ, KVSP, WBFA, WBLK, WBTF, WDKX, WEMX, WEUP, WFXA, WHRK, WHXT, WJKS, WJMI, WJTT, WJUC, WJWZ, WJZD, WJZE, WOWI, WPEG, WPWX, WQHH, WRBJ, WVEE, WWWZ, WXBT, WZFX, WZHT
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]CHRIS BROWN FEAT. LIL WAYNE & SWIZZ BEATZ I Can Transform Ya (JIVE/JLG)
KMJJ, KTCX, WBLX, WEAS, WGCI, WIKS, WIZF, WJBT, WKYS, WPHI, WVEE, WXBT
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]JAY-Z + ALICIA KEYS Empire State Of Mind (ROC NATION)
KMJJ, WCDX, WEAS, WHHH, WIZF, WJBT, WJHM, WKKV, WPRW, WQBT
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]OMARION I Get It In (STARWORLD/MUSICWORKS/EMI/CAPITOL)
KMEL, WHTD, WIZF, WJBT, WJLB, WJWZ, WPGC, WRBP
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]BRIAN MCKNIGHT What I've Been Waiting For (HARD WORK/E1)
WBLK, WBTF, WDKX, WJTT, WJZD, WQHH, WRBJ, WRBP
Transparent.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Transparent.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

its all relative i think...u go to the streets they gon say gucci mane by a long shot and then they well name off about 10 gucci mane mixtapes they have boughtfrom the bootleg man this year...u go to a college campus or the suburbs and they will say drake and sing word for word every track off so far gone...its kindalike comparing Outkast n UGK

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Wait, this %$*% is still being discussed?

Those siding with Gucci...you still haven't brought a compelling argument to the table except showing white girls in the south reciting Gucci's lyrics
laugh.gif

And somebody said take away Drake's collab with Jamie Foxx and Gucci's features would match Drakes....
laugh.gif

Anytime Mary J and Jay come to YOU to feature on their track then you know you doin' it. And that Gucci feature on Mariah's track was a remix. She didn't even scoop him for the official single. I still don't hear the remix as much as I hear the original around the tri-state/Boston area.
Bro you don't know what you are talking about Gucci is just as hot as Drake here in freakin Kentucky. White girls everywhere know Gucci lyricsjust like Drake's. Sure Drake is more popular at the moment but Gucci is not too far off with absolutely no label push or co signers........

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

how are people seriously debating this? drake just sold 75k of a free mixtape wit less songs than the OG... he's doin hooks all over the place...

im not really a fan of either of them dudes but u a damn fool if u think gucci is more popular than drake... 75% of gucci fans will never buy a real album...

Its not a popularity contest....Hov is more popular than both of them...but he's not in the running at all.

I like Drakes work more than Gucci's but if you look at the outlets Gucci had to work with (basically none)...he had GREAT year...

Doing one song with somebody don't make you fully entrenched in the mainstream realm sir...
I will reword that, it doesnt make you mainstream. Gucci is still street buzz, the song with Carey will take him to mainstream.

Funny how im listening to Drake now...

Drake>whoever

You're getting the word "mainstream" and "buzz" mixed up..... Both artists have a ******ED buzz right now, and both are mainstream artists...Theres no argument there.
If Gucci is mainstream now and has a ******ed buzz hes miles away from Drake. In the long run who do you think people are gonna be listening to10 years from now?

how are people seriously debating this? drake just sold 75k of a free mixtape wit less songs than the OG... he's doin hooks all over the place...

im not really a fan of either of them dudes but u a damn fool if u think gucci is more popular than drake... 75% of gucci fans will never buy a real album...

Its not a popularity contest....Hov is more popular than both of them...but he's not in the running at all.

I like Drakes work more than Gucci's but if you look at the outlets Gucci had to work with (basically none)...he had GREAT year...
If Gucci had a GREAT year then what did Drake have?

Seems to me like you're ignoring your own initial question and only attempting to big up Gucci, which is fine, make that thread, but don't pose aquestion, get an answer with credible numbers and facts supporting that answer, then not honor or acknowledge the answer because it doesn't suit you.

indifferent.gif
Yeah because being a Gucci fan makes you ooze credibility..Get your lame %!% out of here..
You're an idiot based off other %*%#!#! opinions you've made over the past about hip-hop.

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Gucci Mane
laugh.gif

#thatshowiknowurdumb.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

If Gucci had a GREAT year then what did Drake have?

Seems to me like you're ignoring your own initial question and only attempting to big up Gucci, which is fine, make that thread, but don't pose a question, get an answer with credible numbers and facts supporting that answer, then not honor or acknowledge the answer because it doesn't suit you.
Nobody is denying Drake had a great year but Gucci did also

Like I said before I'll give the year to Drake on the grounds that Gucci's buzz started alonnnnggg time ago. But to act like Gucci wasnt on the radiojust as much as Drake this year is just silly. Gucci's buzz is just as big as Drake.

Drake worked with Mary/Gucci worked with Mariah

Drake has Digital Girl (which was a cool video but not that big of a song)/ Gucci actually made mario's Break Up a hit

Drake worked with Lil Wayne/ Gucci did also

Drake had a radio hit from a mixtape song (best I Ever Had) /Gucci does too ("Wasted' mind you with no record label push on the radio just a streetbuzz)

Drake has a hit with Trey Songz/ Gucci has "Beat It Up" with Trey Songz (not as big as successful but Gucci's people dont know what to do withthat record
smh.gif
)

Gucci has worked with R&B artistcreated buzz for his other artist (Waka, OJ all with radio hits)

Drake has the priveladge of being BET/MTV's golden child no doubt the boys is talented and most def more lyrical than Gucci. However Gucci has done wayyymore with less he started from the ground up with no kinda cosign. BET wont even play "Wasted" but they played "Best I Ever Had"

Out of the 2 Drake deserves Rookie of The YEar well thats because Gucci aint no dam rookie
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom