-Who's Year is it? Gucci's or Drakes?-

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

how are people seriously debating this? drake just sold 75k of a free mixtape wit less songs than the OG... he's doin hooks all over the place...

im not really a fan of either of them dudes but u a damn fool if u think gucci is more popular than drake... 75% of gucci fans will never buy a real album...

Its not a popularity contest....Hov is more popular than both of them...but he's not in the running at all.

I like Drakes work more than Gucci's but if you look at the outlets Gucci had to work with (basically none)...he had GREAT year...
If Gucci had a GREAT year then what did Drake have?

Seems to me like you're ignoring your own initial question and only attempting to big up Gucci, which is fine, make that thread, but don't pose a question, get an answer with credible numbers and facts supporting that answer, then not honor or acknowledge the answer because it doesn't suit you.
Nobody is denying Drake had a great year but Gucci

Like I said before I'll give the year to Drake on the grounds that Gucci's buzz started alonnnnggg time ago. But to act like Gucci wasnt on the radio just as much as Drake this year is just silly. Gucci's buzz is just as big as Drake.

Drake worked with Mary/Gucci worked with Mariah

Drake has Digital Girl (which was a cool video but not that big of a song)/ Gucci actually made mario's Break Up a hit

Drake worked with Lil Wayne/ Gucci did also

Drake had a radio hit from a mixtape song (best I Ever Had) /Gucci does too ("Wasted' mind you with no record label push on the radio just a street buzz)

Drake has a hit with Trey Songz/ Gucci has "Beat It Up" with Trey Songz (not as big as successful but Gucci's people dont know what to do with that record
smh.gif
)

Gucci has worked with R&B artistcreated buzz for his other artist (Waka, OJ all with radio hits)

Drake has the priveladge of being BET/MTV's golden child no doubt the boys is talented and most def more lyrical than Gucci. However Gucci has done wayyy more with less he started from the ground up with no kinda cosign. BET wont even play "Wasted" but they played "Best I Ever Had"

Out of the 2 Drake deserves Rookie of The YEar well thats because Gucci aint no dam rookie
laugh.gif

well said good sir

#imjustsaying Gucci is wayyyyyy more popular than Drake in Chicago. You hear Gucci everywhere & to tell the truth you won't hear too many ppl over 21playing Drake

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

how are people seriously debating this? drake just sold 75k of a free mixtape wit less songs than the OG... he's doin hooks all over the place...

im not really a fan of either of them dudes but u a damn fool if u think gucci is more popular than drake... 75% of gucci fans will never buy a real album...

Its not a popularity contest....Hov is more popular than both of them...but he's not in the running at all.

I like Drakes work more than Gucci's but if you look at the outlets Gucci had to work with (basically none)...he had GREAT year...
If Gucci had a GREAT year then what did Drake have?

Seems to me like you're ignoring your own initial question and only attempting to big up Gucci, which is fine, make that thread, but don't pose a question, get an answer with credible numbers and facts supporting that answer, then not honor or acknowledge the answer because it doesn't suit you.
Nobody is denying Drake had a great year but Gucci

Like I said before I'll give the year to Drake on the grounds that Gucci's buzz started alonnnnggg time ago. But to act like Gucci wasnt on the radio just as much as Drake this year is just silly. Gucci's buzz is just as big as Drake.

Drake worked with Mary/Gucci worked with Mariah

Drake has Digital Girl (which was a cool video but not that big of a song)/ Gucci actually made mario's Break Up a hit

Drake worked with Lil Wayne/ Gucci did also

Drake had a radio hit from a mixtape song (best I Ever Had) /Gucci does too ("Wasted' mind you with no record label push on the radio just a street buzz)

Drake has a hit with Trey Songz/ Gucci has "Beat It Up" with Trey Songz (not as big as successful but Gucci's people dont know what to do with that record
smh.gif
)

Gucci has worked with R&B artistcreated buzz for his other artist (Waka, OJ all with radio hits)

Drake has the priveladge of being BET/MTV's golden child no doubt the boys is talented and most def more lyrical than Gucci. However Gucci has done wayyy more with less he started from the ground up with no kinda cosign. BET wont even play "Wasted" but they played "Best I Ever Had"

Out of the 2 Drake deserves Rookie of The YEar well thats because Gucci aint no dam rookie
laugh.gif

well said good sir

What was so well said about his statement? He basically skated around the fact that Drake had a better year than Gucci, which was what the post is about.

Nobody is saying Gucci didn't have a good year. In fact, I stated that he had a good year in hip-hop in my initial post. But just admit Drake had abetter year. Ya'll act like you're gonna lose your rent money if you admit as much.

This is why I hate talkin' music on this board because dudes go off on tangents to cater to their needs and interests instead of sticking to the topicat hand.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Gucci's name is just as big as Drake's.
No it's not.

I think because you live in the South and get the exposure first hand you got it all misconstrued.

Drake is now an artist known worldwide North America (including Canada) who will be putting 'Ye/Jay/T.I./Wayne C3 type #'s when his album drops. I #%+! with Gucci but you can't say the same for him.

gucci most definately had a better year
last year not alot of people were bumpin gooch
and now hes known round the nation, he also did all this while getting flocka, french, and juice some shine,
on the other hand drake came through with some soft $@$ tracks and material that ive heard before
and like dude said hes mtv's golden boy
with mtv backing drake he cant go wrong with white america.
who has drake helped? in my eyes dude is tryna get rich while fooling the people

Ya'll act like you're gonna lose your rent money if you admit as much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't get it either.

This is why I hate talkin' music on this board because dudes go off on tangents to cater to their needs and interests instead of sticking to the topic at hand.
Realest #%+! you ever wrote.

I said this a few days ago in S&T
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I notice that on numerous arguments here on NT, either dudes already have preemptive agendas and can't be objective or in a ____ vs. ____ comparison topic, they choose a side and feel the need to discredit everything on the other side when it's not warranted.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

%*%@* is the hip hop version of Al B. Sure

People are getting force fed to like Drake...

thats why he's everywhere

It's incredible marketing to be honest...
it's incredible marketing because he became popular off making quality music?

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Answer: Drake

By a downfall? No

The ones who are saying Drake don't got the streets? !#!+ outta here. I was in NYC most of the Summer and __ s was bumping SFG or any feature he had out heavy. Here it's the same thing the same underlining haters are still bumping dudes *%*+ and anyone affiliated with Drake those same street __s is running behind. A music listener especially one in the Rap Genre are as fickle as ever, now that everyone and their mama is co-signing (Hov, 'Ye, Wayne, Em, Nas, Timbo, Khaled, Diddy) people are now downplaying.

I'm chilling with _s from Y-O and they're all burning blasting SFG, I'm riding through Harlem and cats posted waiting for "customers" is bumping the *%*+. The answer is easily Drake because he's already broken through to the mainstream with the big names that love his work and co-sign the man.

+

- 4 Singles on Billboard's Top 10.
- 4 Videos on 106 & Park's Top 10 @ one time.
- Eminem on your song AND VIDEO?!?!? (that alone kills everything else, Em & Hov run this Industry).

/thread.

this is basically a burbs vs. the streets argument.

and we all know at the end of the day...the burbs will buy the records simple and plain.

i have a personal opinion, but i don't want to get too far off track.

For females and homosexuals who like R&B - drake
For the streets and real rap heads - GUCCI

bap bap bow

Honestly, YES...Drake had a better year....But for SOME of yall to act like Gucci didnt even come close is crazy to me.

People are getting force fed to like Drake...
Not at all, hes actually talented and makes real good music.
hes a good example of success because of hard work and dropping free music.

Fans wanna hear more and more if its good.

Nobody listens to Gucci in L.A. unless you were put on, if that, maybe a few songs.

For females and homosexuals who like R&B - drake
For the streets and real rap heads - GUCCI

bap bap bow
This is the second response ive ever seen from you, your opinions and responses mean nothing.

The other thing that is killin me about this thread is that people are actually tryin to say Gucci makes betta music then drake
roll.gif
im done, im done

I have still yet to listen to any of Gucci's !%#+...

I thought people were kidding when they say he's good...like a joke

Like the wolf shirt is stylish

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom