-Who's Year is it? Gucci's or Drakes?-

Originally Posted by cartune

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Are some of y'all serious?
I'm a HUUUUGE Gucci fan, but come on.
If I go to a white sorority house right now and ask them who Gucci Mane is, they'll hit me with a
indifferent.gif
nahhh son white girls was loving gucci since Is You Rollin. I know for a fact white chicks request Gucci all the time university of Alabama, Auburn University, Troy U all white girls ask for is Gucci of course they like Drake too. But gucci has more hits far as people requesting songs or what not.

Now take this, times 16723898779089765 and you have Drake's mainstream appeal/buzz.
For every Gucci video you can find like this, there's 100 featuring Drake.

what "buzz" does Gucci have now? is this only in the south still?

because i can ride around in Los Angeles and hear a bunch of different cars bumping some drake, i dont hear any gucci

im a gucci fan and bump his +*+% but only on NT do i see "gucci has a big buzz"

StaXX wrote:

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Are some of y'all serious?
I'm a HUUUUGE Gucci fan, but come on.
If I go to a white sorority house right now and ask them who Gucci Mane is, they'll hit me with a
indifferent.gif
nahhh son white girls was loving gucci since Is You Rollin. I know for a fact white chicks request Gucci all the time university of Alabama, Auburn University, Troy U all white girls ask for is Gucci of course they like Drake too. But gucci has more hits far as people requesting songs or what not.

Now take this, times 16723898779089765 and you have Drake's mainstream appeal/buzz.
For every Gucci video you can find like this, there's 100 featuring Drake.

laugh.gif
ok im not doubting that I was showing a rebuttal to thenotion that Gucci will recieve a
indifferent.gif
at a white sorrority house.

Gucci's name is just as big as Drake's. Drake isnt a household name quite yet. To put it in perspective Lil Wayne has just become a household over thepast few years

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 know who Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.
You have NO credibility on opinions about hip-hop, you've proved this numerous times.

You must live in Maine or some wack %#@@...
indifferent.gif

drake, duh. dude had the biggest buzz of 09'. i mean, he was on bp3, that's kinda a big deal, esp. for a relatively new artist.

gucci mane???....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by davey5737

drake

i cannot stand gucci and still dont understand why people like his style

...I like Drakes work more than Gucci's, but im not gonna knock Gucci's Grind... Son hit the mainstream scene off a street buzz with a mediocre flow and rapping about Drugs... which is crazy to me...
THIS

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

because i can ride around in Los Angeles and hear a bunch of different cars bumping some drake, i dont hear any gucci

LA n_'s get down with Gucci. Gotta look outside the skinny jean crowd though. Yall don't #+!% with him like we do in the bay but n_'sbeen ridin to Gucci up north since So Icey.

Gucci is def doing his thing [even though I'm not a fan], but there's no way this isn't Drake's year. And when his album drops, dude will beevery where when those first week numbers release.

Gucci's name is just as big as Drake's.
No it's not.

I think because you live in the South and get the exposure first hand you got it all misconstrued.

Drake is now an artist known worldwide who will be putting 'Ye/Jay/T.I. type #'s when his album drops. I #%+!with Gucci but you can't say the same for him.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

LA n_'s get down with Gucci. Gotta look outside the skinny jean crowd though. Yall don't #+!% with him like we do in the bay but n_'s been ridin to Gucci up north since So Icey.

when this came out in 06 it was an anthem in da town
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
still is.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Gucci's name is just as big as Drake's.
No it's not.

I think because you live in the South and get the exposure first hand you got it all misconstrued.

Drake is now an artist known worldwide who will be putting 'Ye/Jay/T.I. type #'s when his album drops. I #%+! with Gucci but you can't say the same for him.
I don't think he really believes that. I sincerely believes he's on one of those "let me just root for the home team" moments wesee in Sports and Training often.

No one with any sense at all would really think that Gucci is as big as Drake right now...

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

when this came out in 06 it was an anthem in da town
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
still is.

^ [gucci]We ride them old school verts under the georgia cali sun"[/gucci]
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom