-Who's Year is it? Gucci's or Drakes?-

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Gucci Is Just as ENTRENCHED in "mainstream" as Drake is... you cant say he isn't.

Gucci aint no mainstream artist. I can go out in the street (not the hood) and ask 10 girls if they know who Drake and Gucci are and I guarantee you 8/10 know who Drake is and maybe 2 know who Gucci is.
You have NO credibility on opinions about hip-hop, you've proved this numerous times.

You must live in Maine or some wack %#@@...
indifferent.gif
Yeah because being a Gucci fan makes you ooze credibility..Get your lame %!% out of here..
You're an idiot based off other %*%#!#! opinions you've made over the past about hip-hop.

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Gucci Mane
laugh.gif

#thatshowiknowurdumb.

give me an example of these opinions I have.. don't worry i'll wait...
it's sad I have no clue who the hell you are, but you seem to be keeping tabs on me..

When I saw the title I thought it was a joke but people are really arguing about this

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Ya'll act like you're gonna lose your rent money if you admit as much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't get it either.

This is why I hate talkin' music on this board because dudes go off on tangents to cater to their needs and interests instead of sticking to the topic at hand.
Realest #%+! you ever wrote.

I said this a few days ago in S&T

I notice that on numerous arguments here on NT, either dudes already have preemptive agendas and can't be objective or in a ____ vs. ____ comparison topic, they choose a side and feel the need to discredit everything on the other side when it's not warranted.
smh.gif

2f035962e1edb94e6036aece39971ebbb4d4843.gif

The lil wayne co-sign and him been extremely marketable helped him a GREAT DEAL

NO ONE knew who he was til He got with wayne...

You do realize he had a chance to sign hefty deals with a major after every tape he dropped, right? Trust, he was known back in 2006. I wasthere when G and Tez first heard dude and they weren't the only ones in the industry following him closely since RFI.

And let's not forget that alot of people know about Gucci simply because of the track with Jeezy back in 2005 when Jeezy started bubbling. You don'tthink that affiliation, regardless of the beef between them, helped Gucci's popularity?

See how I can spin these asinine claims ya'll been making?

Drake's Year: I still show him love based on Room For Improvement, but So Far Gone got played. Tape made me realized I was officially a music snob. Seeingpeople discover him all at once irked the %$!% out of me. He addresses that idea well in Fear, which is the only song I have liked since SFG ...minus the Pacline. I was young when he died too, but it meant a whole helluva a lot to me. I shed tears, but then again I'm from CA.

Anyway, with that being said I still gotta say: "I'm on my bus right now man doing a mixtape! I'm gonna email this %$!% to Drama @$++# this howthis %$!% do @$++#! That's how we rockin man I'm sorry man! I"m doing this +%$#*$% mixtape we in +%$#*$% Ohio I think somewhere, but I'm doinga mixtape finna drop it for AT-LANNN-NAHH...You Bastard! HOoooh HOoooh Oh Oh Oh!!!" Burrrrrrrr!

P.S. Gucci mixtapes are good for at least one crazy joint, but the Drama ones are falling off.

Man to be real the way Gucci is flooding the streets with these mixtapes towards the end of this year....it might be Gucci's year homie...straight up

Drake prolly can have the better future...but Gucci and SIE and all dem is running *%! right now like crazy

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Man to be real the way Gucci is flooding the streets with these mixtapes towards the end of this year....it might be Gucci's year homie...straight up

Drake prolly can have the better future...but Gucci and SIE and all dem is running *%! right now like crazy
this.
necolebitchie: Gucci is on every song that comes on the radio
about 19 hours ago from UberTwitter

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

this.
necolebitchie: Gucci is on every song that comes on the radio
about 19 hours ago from UberTwitter

^ so is Drizzy + 4 songs on the 106 & Park Countdown
laugh.gif

Yea alot of yall are bias then a muhfka if u dont listen to both dudes or if you change the channel when the other is on the radio then you shouldnt comment.

If all I looked for was Yung Berg I could say this is Yung Berg's year.

Sit back and observe you will see Gucci had just as big a year as Drake did. The only thing is Drake came out of nowhere to the MAJORITY of his fans thats whyit will be remembered as Drake's year and rightfully so.

Ya'll act like you're gonna lose your rent money if you admit as much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't get it either.

This is why I hate talkin' music on this board because dudes go off on tangents to cater to their needs and interests instead of sticking to the topic at hand.
Realest #%+! you ever wrote.

I said this a few days ago in S&T

I notice that on numerous arguments here on NT, either dudes already have preemptive agendas and can't be objective or in a ____ vs. ____ comparison topic, they choose a side and feel the need to discredit everything on the other side when it's not warranted.
smh.gif

2f035962e1edb94e6036aece39971ebbb4d4843.gif

The lil wayne co-sign and him been extremely marketable helped him a GREAT DEAL

NO ONE knew who he was til He got with wayne...
You do realize he had a chance to sign hefty deals with a major after every tape he dropped, right? Trust, he was known back in 2006. I was there when G and Tez first heard dude and they weren't the only ones in the industry following him closely since RFI.

And let's not forget that alot of people know about Gucci simply because of the track with Jeezy back in 2005 when Jeezy started bubbling. You don't think that affiliation, regardless of the beef between them, helped Gucci's popularity?

See how I can spin these asinine claims ya'll been making?

/ Thread...

Dudes stay trying to discredit the sheer amount of talent both dudes have.

Id say its def Drake's year. Here on the east coast Gucci isnt that big, Drake seems to be big everywhere its insane. Drakes buzz and music seems to caterto a wider audience.

I feel like Drake had much more of an impact
this year off a single mixtape, where as Gucci
has been droppin numerous mixtapes and doing
features to get the buzz he currently has now.

Gucci is def doing his thing, but he still isnt as widely
accepted as Drake is.

Its Gucci Mane's year by far and how can you disagree?

**Fresh out of Jail Gucci has already done videos for:

Bird Flu

Obsessed remix w/ Mariah

Make the Trap Aye w/ OJ

I think I luv her

Shirt off w/ So icey boys

Break up w/ Mario and Sean G

She got a friend w/ Juelz and BIg Boi

Gucci Bandana w/ Soulja boy and Shawty Lo

**Has been on his music grind releasing quality mixtapes

Writing on the Wall

The Movie pt 2 & 3

And has 3 more mixtapes dropping today
pimp.gif

**Being CEO of a label made sure his artist are getting shine off HIS buzz

So Icey is a movement all dem boyz either got mixtapes or videos

**Doing all this while being on court orderd rehab/house arrest and i think another major just signed him
pimp.gif

**Those siding with Gucci...you still haven't brought a compelling argument to the table except showing white girls in the south reciting Gucci'slyrics

Now Drake is having a good year also but it doesnt compare and you best believe he wouldnt be AS big without the lil wayne/YM co-sign

Drake's singles cater to females, light-skinned, has radio friendly and was on a t.v. show so of course more people has heard of him you can say gucci isthe opposite of drake and thats why u can also say that this is guuci's year he has done more (or the same) with less

only thing i remember about Drake couple years ago was an ad he had in XXL promoting his mixtape or album

**They both get spins as homeboy posted b4 with gucci having 4 songs up there to drakes 2 and when i go to clubs weather it be in da hood or on southbeach andLas Olas gucci gets played drake not so much

plus Lupe >>>>>>>Drake
wink.gif

Like i'm not buggin or nothin but do you think that those two ninjas saw this thread and then did those songs together because of that?

Like thats some good timing with the topic you know...them boys went uber ham on them songs together. i feel like its a spaceship full of epicness revolving inand around my ear

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*SHAKES DREADS*

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Id say its def Drake's year. Here on the east coast Gucci isnt that big, Drake seems to be big everywhere its insane. Drakes buzz and music seems to cater to a wider audience.
laugh.gif

but i do agree with you that drake got a wider audience.

Originally Posted by cartune

Yea alot of yall are bias then a muhfka if u dont listen to both dudes or if you change the channel when the other is on the radio then you shouldnt comment.

Sit back and observe you will see Gucci had just as big a year as Drake did. The only thing is Drake came out of nowhere to the MAJORITY of his fans thats why it will be remembered as Drake's year and rightfully so.

Dude you have the biggest southern blinders on out of NT, talking like you subjective. White girl's listen to Drake, they don't listen to Gucci.Therefore Drake>Gucci, because we all know music now seems to be geared toward white woman.

drake is way bigger than gucci.

but it's the year of drake, gucci and trey. they'll all do well but obviously drake is going to have the biggest year. gucci is killin' em, and sois trey.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Sit back and observe you will see Gucci had just as big a year as Drake did. The only thing is Drake came out of nowhere to the MAJORITY of his fans thats why it will be remembered as Drake's year and rightfully so.

Dude you have the biggest southern blinders on out of NT, talking like you subjective. White girl's listen to Drake, they don't listen to Gucci. Therefore Drake>Gucci, because we all know music now seems to be geared toward white woman.

laugh.gif
Shut yo *#%%%%% up

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Dude you have the biggest southern blinders on out of NT, talking like you subjective. White girl's listen to Drake, they don't listen to Gucci. Therefore Drake>Gucci, because we all know music now seems to be geared toward white woman.

laugh.gif
Shut yo *#%%%%% up

I mean what dude calls himself "Shopping Bag" as a nickname
Where they do that at?

Back
Top Bottom