Why are drugs bad?

to me its to do with peoples ignorance.

i smoke weed, and there are poeple who think of me differently cause of it.

but then again they have not taken the time to educate themselves on it.

im okay with all recreational drugs. but i will never touch any hard stuff..

....a lot of talk on 'drugs' is often rhetorical.....for instance its scientifically proven sugar is more addictive than cocaine....but its about the relationship of production that manifests in certain products and why they are demonized the way they are

So are people basically admitting they'd do cocaine and crack "in moderation" if they could?

it still blows me away to this day that marijuana is illegal but alcohol and cigarettes are legal and widely accepted. Tobacco is known to cause deaths and ive seen alcohol do some damage on families and ones life but we glorify them in america

Originally Posted by Peep Game

So are people basically admitting they'd do cocaine and crack "in moderation" if they could?

i work with a guy who does coke in moderation i guess you could say.. He'll periodically go outside for a bump and come back inside to work (i work at a restaurant) and other than having tons of temper tantrums and looking crazy as F he seems to work decently and he does this quiet often

Originally Posted by curt2121

Originally Posted by youngdoc

From my experience with friends, family, patients and what I've heard/read I tend to group drugs

To my knowledge marijuana has not been definitively linked to any long term issues (been linked to memory loss but dont recall a causal link being proven, may be mistaken) and unaware of any acute overdoses -> death ever.

early use is linked to schizophrenia. Also, long term heavy use can result in cannabinoid induced hyperemesis. Even as a non user, I was skeptical about it until I ended up with several patients with all the symptoms. Really whacky thing, but would suck to have

how definitive is the link? How strong is the association?

you have links to the studies?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I dont know anyone who uses crack but I know a few people who use cocaine casually. They don't do it every day or even every weekend but do it on bigger social special occasions. All ahave good careers - medicine, law, finance etc

Because if you get caught with a misdemeanor possession of marijuana at the age of 18 it could possibly keep you from getting a job and providing for your family and self.

all the people that came from my school and whatever that do drugs are the laziest most worthless piles of crap.

you would recieve a negative outcome not only on youre health but youre social life, depending on the drug. Most high paying important jobs wouldnt higher a coke head.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

you would recieve a negative outcome not only on youre health but youre social life, depending on the drug. Most high paying important jobs wouldnt higher a coke head.
laugh.gif

on another note because it ruins lives if that person were to get too heavily involved.

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

Originally Posted by youngdoc

From my experience with friends, family, patients and what I've heard/read I tend to group drugs

Group 1 - no one should ever do or even try once
heroin
meth
crack cocaine
PCP
bath salts

The above are either too addicting and ruin lives bc of addiction or they are acutely dangerous

Group 2 - some folks can handle it
coke
ectasy/molly
LSD and shrooms

The above can be dangerous if done incorrectly - too much taken, mixing with other drugs, no sitter etc. But there are plenty of people who take them socially without any major problems

Alcohol, tobacco, and weed are in their own groups.

Alcohol is safe in moderation but alcohol in excess causes dangerous acute and chronic issues

To my knowledge there is no proven minimum level of tobacco needed to cause cancer so no amount is "safe". Chronically very damaging but no real acute issues.

To my knowledge marijuana has not been definitively linked to any long term issues (been linked to memory loss but dont recall a causal link being proven, may be mistaken) and unaware of any acute overdoses -> death ever.
All of this.

Done it all with the exception of that group 1 thing up der. Also done 2ce/i a couple times. Not bad stuff just really intense (Accidentally blew 2 lines instead of 1. Rookie mistake). I'd never do it again after a friend told me some kids died off of it. But like all other OD cases it's just a person thinking he's superman and can't chill at a comfortable dose. My favorite drug is LSD but man oh man is it hard to get good cid out here. I need some help
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

Serious question.
Why is drug use looked down upon in our society?

I know I personally look down on people who blaze everyday or who use coke/ecstasy even if it is "reasonable" amounts.

Why is this? I could care less if people do it as long as it doesn't hurt me but it does bother me when my friends do it. 

You could care less, then why ask the question? The same reason you look down on drug use is the same reason other people look down on it.

Back
Top Bottom