Why Didn't Vince Carter Ever Defend Or Compete In Another Slam Dunk Contest? Vol. Simple Question

vince carter all-star weekend > blake griffin all-star weekend..... blake needs to defend his win this year cuz nobody takes that KIA dunk seriously. everyone knew Blake would win due to "fan voting" whereas with Vince, it was never in question. after the reverse 360 windmill, and kenny said "let's go home", that was pretty much it for that contest

vince carter all-star weekend > blake griffin all-star weekend..... blake needs to defend his win this year cuz nobody takes that KIA dunk seriously. everyone knew Blake would win due to "fan voting" whereas with Vince, it was never in question. after the reverse 360 windmill, and kenny said "let's go home", that was pretty much it for that contest

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Stop pyramid quoting or I will report.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude is about that 

128822958411507.png

There was nothing more to be seen. And even if there was, it would not have been like the first time because now people would come in with LOFTY expectations. He literally shut a building down 
pimp.gif

There was nothing more to be seen. And even if there was, it would not have been like the first time because now people would come in with LOFTY expectations. He literally shut a building down 
pimp.gif

I for one believe he could outdo himself but no point. He has no competition in that arena. The league probably won't see such a dynamic dunker like him for another half century.

I for one believe he could outdo himself but no point. He has no competition in that arena. The league probably won't see such a dynamic dunker like him for another half century.

Because he had the greatest dunk contest performance there ever was. It still hasn't been bested.

Because he had the greatest dunk contest performance there ever was. It still hasn't been bested.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

vince carter all-star weekend > blake griffin all-star weekend

This. and there's no way it's even up for debate. Someone who would try to argue against that probably never saw VC all star weekend.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

vince carter all-star weekend > blake griffin all-star weekend

This. and there's no way it's even up for debate. Someone who would try to argue against that probably never saw VC all star weekend.

Originally Posted by CP1708

What he did in 2000 was enough.  There was no topping it, there was no more to be done, I had seen enough.  The boy had like 4 50's imo.  I didn't need to see him bastardize it by trying new stupid forced tricks.   

Originally Posted by CP1708

What he did in 2000 was enough.  There was no topping it, there was no more to be done, I had seen enough.  The boy had like 4 50's imo.  I didn't need to see him bastardize it by trying new stupid forced tricks.   

Jason Richardson managed to top all his dunks the following year... for three years straight. Only if he landed his final dunk against Fred Jones. There is no reason why VC couldn't do it.

The contest in 2000 was just coming back, there were many things he could have done differently that could be considered "original".. unlike the last few years where props are needed for the so-called "creativity".

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > *

Jason Richardson managed to top all his dunks the following year... for three years straight. Only if he landed his final dunk against Fred Jones. There is no reason why VC couldn't do it.

The contest in 2000 was just coming back, there were many things he could have done differently that could be considered "original".. unlike the last few years where props are needed for the so-called "creativity".

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > *

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom