Why Didn't Vince Carter Ever Defend Or Compete In Another Slam Dunk Contest? Vol. Simple Question

Watching the videos in this thread the contest actually looks quite dated but I remember at the time people were simply in awe of what Vince, Steve Francis and T-Mac were doing that night. 
I've always felt Steve Francis's final round dunks were better than Vince's final round dunks, but Vince deserved to win because of what he did in the first round. 

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I came in here to say exactly what TheDude and Throwed did.

Stevie Francis and T-Mac pulled some ridiculous stuff off.

Yes Vince had more to do. The thing is that he pulled off every dunk that year perfectly. I think only one of them he had a redo on.

J-Rich is not in VC's class. I'm sorry. T-Mac had more in the tank than J-Rich.

Love this video of the contest.

Word , they need to eliminate the unlimited redo crap , go back to the old school you get one redo per contest or one per round at the most

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I came in here to say exactly what TheDude and Throwed did.

Stevie Francis and T-Mac pulled some ridiculous stuff off.

Yes Vince had more to do. The thing is that he pulled off every dunk that year perfectly. I think only one of them he had a redo on.

J-Rich is not in VC's class. I'm sorry. T-Mac had more in the tank than J-Rich.

Love this video of the contest.

Word , they need to eliminate the unlimited redo crap , go back to the old school you get one redo per contest or one per round at the most

The dunks at 20 seconds and 55 seconds were the end of man kind for me in dunk competition. 

Those two dunks needed scores higher than 50.  89's or some @#$%. 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

The dunks at 20 seconds and 55 seconds were the end of man kind for me in dunk competition. 

Those two dunks needed scores higher than 50.  89's or some @#$%. 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom