Why Didn't Vince Carter Ever Defend Or Compete In Another Slam Dunk Contest? Vol. Simple Question

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Stop pyramid quoting or I will report.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude is about that 

128822958411507.png

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure he wasn't 100% in the 2001 all-star weekend so he decided just to play in the all-star game. And to those saying he didn't have much else to show, I remember Shaq saying VC said he was gonna do a 720 
eek.gif
. And in a interview in 2004 or something I remember Carter said he wanted to do it again, because there were still some dunks he had that no one had done. But i don't know why he didn't participate.

EDIT: found a media link from 2004:  http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/Jan13-Vince.mp3 & a quote from the North Jersey Media Group's AL IANNAZZONE from 2005:

"Carter would consider competing in the NBA Slam Dunk contest if he's at least "90 percent" healthy."  I guess he wasn't
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure he wasn't 100% in the 2001 all-star weekend so he decided just to play in the all-star game. And to those saying he didn't have much else to show, I remember Shaq saying VC said he was gonna do a 720 
eek.gif
. And in a interview in 2004 or something I remember Carter said he wanted to do it again, because there were still some dunks he had that no one had done. But i don't know why he didn't participate.

EDIT: found a media link from 2004:  http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/Jan13-Vince.mp3 & a quote from the North Jersey Media Group's AL IANNAZZONE from 2005:

"Carter would consider competing in the NBA Slam Dunk contest if he's at least "90 percent" healthy."  I guess he wasn't
laugh.gif

Best dunk contest . Ever.

T-Mac quietly had a good contest as well, but Vince shut it down.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Steve Francis did a good job too.

What so many people fail to remember is that Vince had COMPETITION....it wasn't like the other guys sucked
laugh.gif

My suggestion, bring back 6 dunkers with 3 in the final round. Eliminate props.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Steve Francis did a good job too.

What so many people fail to remember is that Vince had COMPETITION....it wasn't like the other guys sucked
laugh.gif

My suggestion, bring back 6 dunkers with 3 in the final round. Eliminate props.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Jason Richardson managed to top all his dunks the following year... for three years straight. Only if he landed his final dunk against Fred Jones. There is no reason why VC couldn't do it.

The contest in 2000 was just coming back, there were many things he could have done differently that could be considered "original".. unlike the last few years where props are needed for the so-called "creativity".

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Jason Richardson managed to top all his dunks the following year... for three years straight. Only if he landed his final dunk against Fred Jones. There is no reason why VC couldn't do it.

The contest in 2000 was just coming back, there were many things he could have done differently that could be considered "original".. unlike the last few years where props are needed for the so-called "creativity".

J-Rich's dunk contest dunks > 
pimp.gif

There was no reason for him to do it again... What he did in 2000 was more than enough.
smokin.gif

Great dunk contest all around, too.

There was no reason for him to do it again... What he did in 2000 was more than enough.
smokin.gif

Great dunk contest all around, too.

I came in here to say exactly what TheDude and Throwed did.

Stevie Francis and T-Mac pulled some ridiculous stuff off.

Yes Vince had more to do. The thing is that he pulled off every dunk that year perfectly. I think only one of them he had a redo on.

J-Rich is not in VC's class. I'm sorry. T-Mac had more in the tank than J-Rich.

Love this video of the contest.

I came in here to say exactly what TheDude and Throwed did.

Stevie Francis and T-Mac pulled some ridiculous stuff off.

Yes Vince had more to do. The thing is that he pulled off every dunk that year perfectly. I think only one of them he had a redo on.

J-Rich is not in VC's class. I'm sorry. T-Mac had more in the tank than J-Rich.

Love this video of the contest.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Because Jameel Pugh didn't create any new dunks for him to steal
laugh.gif
I remember this 

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Because Jameel Pugh didn't create any new dunks for him to steal
laugh.gif
I remember this 

Watching the videos in this thread the contest actually looks quite dated but I remember at the time people were simply in awe of what Vince, Steve Francis and T-Mac were doing that night. 
I've always felt Steve Francis's final round dunks were better than Vince's final round dunks, but Vince deserved to win because of what he did in the first round. 

Back
Top Bottom