Why do laker fans hate the heat now?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Fan talk is something I will never understand. You all love your teams with similar passion. You all think your teams are better than what they are. You all get defensive when someone speaks on your team. You are all the same. Don't see why you are at each other's throats.

Exactly. We all are biased because we're fans. I could care less if someone dislikes my team. I'm a fan of my teams for my own reasons.

Fan talk is something I will never understand. You all love your teams with similar passion. You all think your teams are better than what they are. You all get defensive when someone speaks on your team. You are all the same. Don't see why you are at each other's throats.

Exactly. We all are biased because we're fans. I could care less if someone dislikes my team. I'm a fan of my teams for my own reasons.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I think Player only fans are worse look at the Lebron,MJ, and Kobe riders
laugh.gif
i think those kinds of fans in general are not sports fans at all. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Who cares? Why can't people just root for and against whatever team they want, for whatever reasons they want? Isn't that part of sports and being a fan? I don't really need a reason to dislike Kobe and LeBron if I enjoy rooting against them.

The term "hater" is way overused, and quite lame.
+

I wonder if the OP is trolling or not because I've seen these threads once or twice a year for a decade and they've all been the same:

1) I'm an intelligent fan
2) I'm old school
3) I don't understand fans

You can't be 1 and 3.

I believe being old school means being an adult fan before social media and online forums (in your 40s?), but that still doesn't excuse you from not understanding current fans because you're online in 2011.

I can't root for the Celtics because of '08.  I'm not old enough to take the pre-'90s losses seriously and I didn't have anyone passing down irrational hate to me so it's really all about '08 because I liked KG and Pierce before that year.

The reasons I might derive any joy from watching the Heat lose:

a) it might be a sign that having two of the top four players in the NBA on the same team might not be enough
b) it would be at least one season of "punishment" for shifting the balance of talent in their favor to such an extreme (even though I understand the "why")

Other than that, I wouldn't be upset if the Heat won because I would hope that it would get some of the "hate" off the message boards and I enjoy seeing the best players validated as champions.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Who cares? Why can't people just root for and against whatever team they want, for whatever reasons they want? Isn't that part of sports and being a fan? I don't really need a reason to dislike Kobe and LeBron if I enjoy rooting against them.

The term "hater" is way overused, and quite lame.
+

I wonder if the OP is trolling or not because I've seen these threads once or twice a year for a decade and they've all been the same:

1) I'm an intelligent fan
2) I'm old school
3) I don't understand fans

You can't be 1 and 3.

I believe being old school means being an adult fan before social media and online forums (in your 40s?), but that still doesn't excuse you from not understanding current fans because you're online in 2011.

I can't root for the Celtics because of '08.  I'm not old enough to take the pre-'90s losses seriously and I didn't have anyone passing down irrational hate to me so it's really all about '08 because I liked KG and Pierce before that year.

The reasons I might derive any joy from watching the Heat lose:

a) it might be a sign that having two of the top four players in the NBA on the same team might not be enough
b) it would be at least one season of "punishment" for shifting the balance of talent in their favor to such an extreme (even though I understand the "why")

Other than that, I wouldn't be upset if the Heat won because I would hope that it would get some of the "hate" off the message boards and I enjoy seeing the best players validated as champions.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

laugh.gif
Negative.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

laugh.gif
Negative.
grin.gif

I dont hate the Heat. Not a fan of them but I hope they take it the rest of the way. I'm one of the people that had no problem with how they came together. And I dont dislike Lebron for the reasons that most do. Through debates with my closest friend I've gained a lot of respect for Lebron, just as he did for Kobe some years ago. I'm sure the hate is due to the Lebron vs Kobe talk which IMO is not debatable. Two different players, different positions, different styles of play, different scenarios when they entered the league(so miss me with the stats). Over the years I've stopped comparing players. It's like in the end it doesn't matter because they dont compare to Jordan. Someone is quick to bring up what Jordan did or would've did, bs. The greatness of Jordan has messed up the way we view players in the league, the way we view sports period. It's kind of sad. It's like we've forgotten that this is a team sport.

I dont hate the Heat. Not a fan of them but I hope they take it the rest of the way. I'm one of the people that had no problem with how they came together. And I dont dislike Lebron for the reasons that most do. Through debates with my closest friend I've gained a lot of respect for Lebron, just as he did for Kobe some years ago. I'm sure the hate is due to the Lebron vs Kobe talk which IMO is not debatable. Two different players, different positions, different styles of play, different scenarios when they entered the league(so miss me with the stats). Over the years I've stopped comparing players. It's like in the end it doesn't matter because they dont compare to Jordan. Someone is quick to bring up what Jordan did or would've did, bs. The greatness of Jordan has messed up the way we view players in the league, the way we view sports period. It's kind of sad. It's like we've forgotten that this is a team sport.

The better question is why do Heat "fans" or fans...hate the Lakers?

The Lakers have never prevented the Heat from winning it all. The Lakers have never prevented LeBron, Wade, or Bosh...as individuals...from winning it all. Obviously, the Lakers won't prevent this "Big 3" from winning this year. Kobe, the individual, has never faced any of these players in the playoffs. It doesn't make sense.

It also doesn't make sense to continue comparing an aging shooting guard with a winning career on his way out to a small forward in his prime who only has personal awards...as of now. They both have very different games and started in 2 different eras. The comparison reminds me of Joe Montana and Dan Marino. One won a lot...with hall of fame players. One didn't win and was surrounded by bums...but put up stats amongst the greats. You can't discredit either. Like football, basketball is a team sport.

Regardless, the Heat aren't a storied franchise like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees...so...they're wasting their time boasting just like Laker fans are wasting their time arguing back.

For the record, Kobe isn't MJ. Who is? No one. You can't compare 6-0...along with many of the ridiculous stats that MJ put up. I'm still happy to see BOTH for much of their careers. Respect greatness.

The better question is why do Heat "fans" or fans...hate the Lakers?

The Lakers have never prevented the Heat from winning it all. The Lakers have never prevented LeBron, Wade, or Bosh...as individuals...from winning it all. Obviously, the Lakers won't prevent this "Big 3" from winning this year. Kobe, the individual, has never faced any of these players in the playoffs. It doesn't make sense.

It also doesn't make sense to continue comparing an aging shooting guard with a winning career on his way out to a small forward in his prime who only has personal awards...as of now. They both have very different games and started in 2 different eras. The comparison reminds me of Joe Montana and Dan Marino. One won a lot...with hall of fame players. One didn't win and was surrounded by bums...but put up stats amongst the greats. You can't discredit either. Like football, basketball is a team sport.

Regardless, the Heat aren't a storied franchise like the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees...so...they're wasting their time boasting just like Laker fans are wasting their time arguing back.

For the record, Kobe isn't MJ. Who is? No one. You can't compare 6-0...along with many of the ridiculous stats that MJ put up. I'm still happy to see BOTH for much of their careers. Respect greatness.

yea I dont get the reason the real heat fans hate the lakers even more now than before. I can see why many non laker fans dislike the lakers because they have the most bandwagon fans ala yankees and cowboys and they troll around screaming about their rings.

yea I dont get the reason the real heat fans hate the lakers even more now than before. I can see why many non laker fans dislike the lakers because they have the most bandwagon fans ala yankees and cowboys and they troll around screaming about their rings.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by presequel

its just fans vs fans

and it was goin on way before lebron, guess you forgot when shaq joined the heat? wade got most of the hate.
eek.gif
I didn't think a Kobe fan would admit this.  Props to you sir.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by presequel

its just fans vs fans

and it was goin on way before lebron, guess you forgot when shaq joined the heat? wade got most of the hate.
eek.gif
I didn't think a Kobe fan would admit this.  Props to you sir.

They don't hate the Heat. I am convinced that true LAKERS fans still hate the Celtics waaay more. Them hating the Heat more just doesn't make any damn sense, so I don't believe it. Kobe fans? Now that's something completely different...

They don't hate the Heat. I am convinced that true LAKERS fans still hate the Celtics waaay more. Them hating the Heat more just doesn't make any damn sense, so I don't believe it. Kobe fans? Now that's something completely different...

Back
Top Bottom