Why do people act funny, or get offended when you ask them how much they make? Never understood..

It's none of your business and comes across as rude. It's just one of those topics you don't discuss on a casual basis. Like religion or politics
laugh.gif

It's none of your business and comes across as rude. It's just one of those topics you don't discuss on a casual basis. Like religion or politics
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

WOAH!

Never heard of this unwritten rule. I ask them how much they get paid hourly when I dont' have anything else to talk about.

They always answer without hesitation and I proceed with a "word? thats dope son" Maybe that's why I've failed to see how it inappropriate it seems to be? *shurgs*
This is the conversation opener that most of the guys use at some of my wife's social events.
They come across as competitive and nosy.

WOAH!

Never heard of this unwritten rule. I ask them how much they get paid hourly when I dont' have anything else to talk about.

They always answer without hesitation and I proceed with a "word? thats dope son" Maybe that's why I've failed to see how it inappropriate it seems to be? *shurgs*
This is the conversation opener that most of the guys use at some of my wife's social events.
They come across as competitive and nosy.

WOAH!

Hourly talk huh? See right there, I already judged you bruh bruh.

WOAH!

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

WOAH!

<I just wanna be ur fwiend man :"(.Looks like I'll talk about polar bears if I run out of topics from now. I seriously never thought it was like this. Iuno, the people I ask these questions to are college students. Bleh

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

WOAH!

<I just wanna be ur fwiend man :"(.Looks like I'll talk about polar bears if I run out of topics from now. I seriously never thought it was like this. Iuno, the people I ask these questions to are college students. Bleh

Originally Posted by Wr

because you are judging someone. even if you don't think so, it's still a scale for judgement down the line once it get's out if you judge them now, or later on down the line.
I have never asked anyone how much they make an hour or year, but I have never understood the actual reason why people say you shouldn't ask that's all. I know my last GF was a R/N and I just work in a cafeteria at a hospital since I am in school, but I have never asked her how much she makes and she never asked me how much I make because if she would of told me, I know for sure I would feel extra low because I know she makes way more the me.. I find it rude to ask someone their salary.. I was just curious..

Originally Posted by Wr

because you are judging someone. even if you don't think so, it's still a scale for judgement down the line once it get's out if you judge them now, or later on down the line.
I have never asked anyone how much they make an hour or year, but I have never understood the actual reason why people say you shouldn't ask that's all. I know my last GF was a R/N and I just work in a cafeteria at a hospital since I am in school, but I have never asked her how much she makes and she never asked me how much I make because if she would of told me, I know for sure I would feel extra low because I know she makes way more the me.. I find it rude to ask someone their salary.. I was just curious..

How old does one have to be before it gets rude?

In high school we all share how much we make and laugh at dudes who make less, even though we're all making about minimum wage
laugh.gif

I never get offended. I'd be proud of my job and when I get my car I'll be very proud of that too
pimp.gif

How old does one have to be before it gets rude?

In high school we all share how much we make and laugh at dudes who make less, even though we're all making about minimum wage
laugh.gif

I never get offended. I'd be proud of my job and when I get my car I'll be very proud of that too
pimp.gif

but what if you are interested in what they do??

like I want to get in the communication field......and if i met someone in the position i want, i would ask how much they make...because i would hate to waste all those years and find out later they only make less than 30K.........but yeah it still is personal question

but what if you are interested in what they do??

like I want to get in the communication field......and if i met someone in the position i want, i would ask how much they make...because i would hate to waste all those years and find out later they only make less than 30K.........but yeah it still is personal question

Funny how this thread is going on... and a few threads down the list in General, there's 'Minimum Wage Appreciation'

Back
Top Bottom