Why do people hate the AJ 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my DS retro breds out earlier this week just to have a "look-see" at em & they have been on display ever since!!!! Hate on em all u want but da more i look @ em, i just think they're a underrated shoe, designed wise IMO
tongue.gif

15s are not even in my thought of owning, pass on the CDP pack for the VIII because of this 15s. They remind me of Adidas Kobe 2, just not there!

pimp.gif
Originally Posted by dankenstien88

These are just too artisic for most people. I have liked these since they first came out and still like them for one main reason. There is nothing on the shelves past or present that looks like these (with the exception of the Jumpman swift 6 and Jumpman Olympian[I think thats what they were called] wich were both based on the XV and released the same year). The design is so extreme anyone wearing these is bound to get comments (both good and bad).They are only shoes but they speak to people on such a level, that as OP said himself some cats actually get angry. If acheiving an emotional response (wether it be joy/sadness/anger) with a  created material object is not art then I guess I just dont know what art is.  I think this design truly represents Tinkers mindset, a mindset so incredibly ahead of its time that ever since he has had to dumb down his creations for the masses.

Honestly i would take the the White red or flint colorway over any Jordan post 11.  These shoes are beautiful.

I remember when people used to say Foam Ones/Pros were ugly but now they're all the rage. Not saying that will happen to the XV, but its a similar love it or hate it shoe. Personally, I love them.

i dig the xv. they look like they are still in the concept stage and they fit surprisingly well (after a short wearing in period). i only don't like the looks of the cdp and lasers, the rest i'd happily rock like i do my black/reds. i agree with what the above dude said about them being too far ahead and too artistic. the xv and xx are the most amazingly outrageous designs in the entire sig line, i love their risks and rewards. they have beautiful lines and silhouettes.

the xviii on the other hand is a pug fugly shoe i will never wear.

I actually like the XVs. They're not high on my list but they are appreciated. Flint Grey, Navy Blue, and the White/Columbia colorways are nice!

Just not my taste , I own a pair of flints and have worn them maybe 4 times in the last 12 years, two of those times were to ball in , they remind me of george jetson sneakers, I like the way they re did them a couple of years ago ( were they called 15.5 ? ) wish they would have released like that originally

At the CWS!? Nice!! My Tar Heels are back out there yet again! (Chapel Hill is about 40 miles down the road from me.) Keep wearing the shoes you love man. Everyone has a connection to a certain pair they will always love to wear. I remember when I was younger around the time the original XI's came out and I really didn't know a lot about Air Jordan's but I saw others wearing the Concord XI's and remember thinking just how cool those shoes were. This was about the same time I saw my first Eastbay catalog at school when other kids would bring one hidden in their notebooks like a playboy magazine to show everyone the new "Jordans". Only we were drooling over the next color of the XI's like it was something we shouldn't even have been looking at and it was just shoes, not naked women. I tried to get a pair of the Columbia XI's but was too late and then finally I was about to get a pair of XI's. Went to Finishline right after school but didn't have a clue until I got there that they had sold out within minutes! I was crushed! This would never happen today but I was able to order a pair of the black/red XI's from Eastbay late that afternoon after thinking all hope was lost. I still have those OG XI's and even if they looked like the XV's or any other shoe for that matter they would still be my favorite shoe because I had that special connection of getting my first pair of Jordan's. Maybe that's not the case for you but I'd be willing to bet that there is something that connects you to that shoe.

*shrugs* I have no idea,but it was love at first sight for me and I snatched them up the day they released.The commercials were bananas for these joints too.

also probably one of the reasons the 15s are the most unpopular jordans besides its unique silouette is coz mj never wore these ingames if he didnt retire and rocked the 15s oncourt more ppl would be all over these especially the hypebeasts.. rocked the white/carolina during our local league the yr the 15s released and our team made it to the finals but sadly we lost the series. one of my fave was the one with the grey upper looks so clean.

also a little story why i loved to rock the 15s casually back then coz what i did was remove the laces and since the socklike innerbootie hugs snugly to your feet even without lacing them up so you can just slide your foot in and your good to go like a slip-on with attitude! d(^.0)d

Wear what you like man..I was rocking foams before everyone hopped on,& people used to look at me like "+$% is those" & now hype is up,everyone has a pair..did I mention I love the XV's? Lol

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

The best colorway right here...you my friend...are tripping...not enough
pimp.gif
in the world for that colorway.

with that said.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

9d916c15906837f4c6ef697ed220284ff2bdb5f5_r.jpg

and they have 3M!!!!

Yes. These > CDPs > White/Columbia IMO.
And that's a dope fit (Are those 511 Trousers? They're sitting nice on them). My boy rocks his CDPs with slim fitting pants too and it just makes the shoe shine.

I didn't realize that these had 3M on them though. If I can find a pair of these for the low, I'd love to use these as beaters.

Originally Posted by EMM23

EPIC FAIL. One of the most ugliest sneaker design of all time!!!!.... But hey, that's just my opinion. Wear what you like....And by the way,did Tinker designed these monstrosities?...
happy.gif

Yes it was tinker who designed the aj15. I think the sharp tonge and the way theyCrease in the forefoot area makes the 15Looking totally funny.the side and heel parts look actuallyVery cool imo.The 15 are also not very comfortableTo wear compared to the previousAj models except the og 12.Yet i have the aj15 in black/red and white/columbiaand i think they arent that bad.i just dont wear the white/columbias anymoreBecause the whole midsole has yellowed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

The best colorway right here...you my friend...are tripping...not enough
pimp.gif
in the world for that colorway.

with that said.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and they have 3M!!!!
Yes. These > CDPs > White/Columbia IMO.
And that's a dope fit (Are those 511 Trousers? They're sitting nice on them). My boy rocks his CDPs with slim fitting pants too and it just makes the shoe shine.

I didn't realize that these had 3M on them though. If I can find a pair of these for the low, I'd love to use these as beaters.

Yeah they are 511's. I got a pair for 200 back in o7 but been in love with them since Middle School. I'll take a close up pick to show the 3M when i drop by my fiance house.....i believe only the navy/whites and these had 3M. Don't quote me tho...naw #$%^ it, quote me!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom