Why do people hate the AJ 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some love for Air Jordan 15. I think some people hate regarding to the shape of the shoe. This shoe was ahead of its time when it was in production in the year 2000. I like White/Obsidian Blue, White/University Blue and Black/Red and White/Flint Grey pairs. The only ones that I did not like is all the lows, cdp and lasers. I need to get the White/Flint Grey pair to complete my Air Jordan 15 collection. 

Personally I just can't stand the toe area of the 15. Everything else is smooth , but that toe seems to me that it's a mistake.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by ExaltedAlex

Designed with inspirations from the sleek body of the Audi TT back in 2000, the XV's are dope imo.  The Bred colorway are the illest
shoes_nike_air_jordan_15c.jpg

I don't understand why there is so much hate on the XV's when it should be on the XVIII's

I mean come on now, these look like they were designed after a f*cking burrito.  Hands down thee ugliest of the Jordan line are these monstrous 18's

air-jordan-18-xviii-original-og-white-metallic-silver-sport-royal-1.jpg

You sure about that? I know Adidas "The Kobe II" was modeled after the TT; but Im pretty sure the inspiration for these was a Stealth Fighter plane.

stealth-fighter.jpg

12XTMS3XZ-2Y14.jpg

2000-audi-tt.jpg

adidas_kobe2_blk_2.jpg
my bad, you're right.  The Kobe IIs were designed after the Audi TT.. All I could remember is and argument I had with a friend back in the 8th grade during SSR about the Jordan XVs vs the Kobe IIs...LOL ***He was and still is a DIE HARD Kobe Fan***

To each as own. I had the stealth all blacks and the carolinas in 11th grade. Both where fire especially the all black ones. Sleek, durable and clean everyday shoe with some jeans. Yall trippin. &%$# the haters! However I do admit I never cared for the grey/white ones. Bad color blocking at its worst.

I had the stealth all blacks and the carolinas in 11th grade. Both were/are fire especially the all black ones. Sleek, durable and clean everyday shoe with some jeans. Yall trippin. &%$# the haters! However I do admit I never cared for the grey/white ones. Bad color blocking at its worst. hope they retro them carolinas. Ill be on board hardcore

Originally Posted by f3DJam

I love the 15s, but i copped a pair finally and they feel horrible on my feet.

Like wearing kleenex boxes, my love is too strong for that tho, I put up with it
laugh.gif

i got mad ankle blisters for the first few days. tying the laces up tight sorted that out, now i can rock them tight or loose, even added extra zoom in.

when these came out me n my friends laughed cuz we all thought it looked like a vagina. dead up we were in willowbrook footlocker buggin out dyin! these r ugly as FUH!

These sat in stores and hit clearance racks everywhere in 1999/2000(my buddy got why/nvy for $70 at FA!!!!)-which was unprecedented at the time. Jordans 11-14's were what people came to expect in jordan's sig line, and these really failed to deliver in comparison to the previous 4 JB sig releases. The slope in the toebox make these horrendous, that tongue is awkward, and the upper reminds me of oldschool lanyard bracelets-IMO

Tinker had stealth bombers in mind when he designed these- but I just can't see it- do I need to smoke more, or perhaps less????

Wear what you love my friend- I can't understand why anyone would go up to a stranger,just to troll/flame them.-is this some new gen bs??!!?-these kids need a good spanking.SMH @ "grey spacejams"

I think they are kind of
pimp.gif
. My most recent ones are the XV SE's. I rock those to ball sometimes when not wearing Lebron's or Kobe's. 

cause between this and the 18s they are the ugliest jordan

and i remember i had the 15s when i was a kid, kinda embarrased now .....ugly ugly show

Originally Posted by hostos

cause between this and the 18s they are the ugliest jordan

and i remember i had the 15s when i was a kid, kinda embarrased now .....ugly ugly show
Its all preference. I love the 18s. I remember they were indestructable for ballin on the court and comfy as hell. Looks were meh but they looked right with proper jeans.

Kind of going along the lines of the original post, In my opinion, I would take a fresh pair of Stealth 15s over a pair of Cardinal 7s.

I hate hype beasts.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

These are just too artisic for most people. I have liked these since they first came out and still like them for one main reason. There is nothing on the shelves past or present that looks like these (with the exception of the Jumpman swift 6 and Jumpman Olympian[I think thats what they were called] wich were both based on the XV and released the same year). The design is so extreme anyone wearing these is bound to get comments (both good and bad).They are only shoes but they speak to people on such a level, that as OP said himself some cats actually get angry. If acheiving an emotional response (wether it be joy/sadness/anger) with a  created material object is not art then I guess I just dont know what art is.  I think this design truly represents Tinkers mindset, a mindset so incredibly ahead of its time that ever since he has had to dumb down his creations for the masses.
Wow, what a great post sir, bravo! 
happy.gif

Meanwhile...

air-jordan-15-xv-original-og-flint-grey-white_1_.jpg

I'd cop a retro of these in a heartbeat!

Aesthetically, i've no problem with them. I even kind of like them.

But when a sports shoe draws attention to itself like the XV does, it should have the performance to back it up.
It doesn't.

Additionally, it represents a time when JB was in a sort of transition... They knew that even if MJ DID come back a few years down the line, his best years
probably were behind him, and it's like they were more interested in pushing a fashion shoe first and foremost.

These are in my top 5 of Jordans. Most people who don't like these have never owned a pair. #justsayin

To each his own!

These shoes are "ugly" because people don't like them in general. Props to OP. You wear what you like and I applaud you for it. I do the same but I haven't seen many who actually wear what they like. They feel they need approval so they wear everything that is "hype." Even then, THEY STILL DON'T WEAR THEIR SHOES. Wear your shoes and if you get some nasty comments, then just brush it off. I bet you the dude who told you to buy the Cardinals looked like everybody else at the mall because he isn't smart enough to think for himself.
Sorry if this sounds like a rant. I'm just very passionate about wearing what you like. Anyway, props once again to OP. Do your thing, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom