Why do people look down on people who do "blue collar" jobs?

Regarding the OP, I couldn't care less what the next man/woman does for a living.

I'm too busy outchea trying to get mine, you feel me?

Everybody who i know who is an electrician, or in construction, or does CDL truck driving makes way more than all da office dwellers i know...only 1 person i know who makes more than that is in finance & he's a 200k a year.

This.

I heard garbage men are making 6figures.

Only down size, you really going to working manually, as oppose to a lazy desk job. Wear and Tear. :lol:

Blue collar folks look down on white collar folks too, it definitely goes both ways. I've experienced that judgement, like someone said before, many times - that because I work in an office in don't work as hard. It's ******** and people should just respect others and what they do.

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/garbage-collector

No, garbage men don't make 6 figures. :lol: In fact what I posted seems higher than what I assumed they make.

Sitting on a desk, typing can mess up your body as well........carpal tunnel, back problems and vision problems come to mind. 

That's not factoring in OT?

I know bus drivers for Marta is making 6 figures due to all the overtime. It gotten blown up on the news about it. Some were making 155K a year :lol:

And one Marta police made 255K in one year due to over time.

Then again, who wants to work overtime...Bad enough you're there 8 hours, let alone putting in OT. :smh:

Last edited:

even factoring in OT no, those jobs aren't making 6 figures. Stop it man, I know ninjahood got you thinking you can make 300 grand as a floor buffer but those are outliers. I sent you the average salaries with percentiles. Is there a garbage man making 100 grand, I'm sure there is, but I wouldn't go around advertising that.
laugh.gif
I actually work for MARTA. 

I know for a fact those drivers are making 6 figures and still are.  

The news did a whole segment on the overtime that MARTA is handing out:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/channel-2-discovers-potentially-dangerous-overtime/241914404

Last edited:
yall got this man in here trippin cause dude said he liked the "male comardery". Lmao.

Somebody has Had it.

Quote:

https://www.careerbliss.com/marta/salaries/

An operator/driver is not even the highest paying job on the marta....stop it.
laugh.gif

I suspect they told you they make 6 figures and you believed them. Do YOU make 6 figures?
laugh.gif

You're looking at Based Salary. OverTime is never considered when it's posted.

I make very close to it but my OT does allow me to cap over 6 figures outside my based salary.. I'm their Software Engineer.

From that link you sent, those people in my IT are not making 58K.  One of the software I support, I sees everybody salary.  
laugh.gif

The irony of you telling me not to accept what being told, but you google information and taking it to heart.

Last edited:

I post several links, google or otherwise they are consistent. How do they give a software engineer access to everybody's salary, isn't that the job of payroll?
roll.gif
I implement 75% of their proprietary software, maintain it, write scripts and queries, etc. 

I'm their admin, also.

Last edited:

I know many software engineers, they don't necessarily have access to classified company information. Software engineers who develop electronic medical records for hospitals and clinics, don't have access to all the hospitals information.
Yeah, okay Dicktales.  

Last edited:

I read the news story he posted it was a few operators possibly taking drugs to stay awake clocking in obscene hours of overtime, and dude is tryna make it seem like that is the norm. But yes I've been on the Marta once, it was during the day time but it was nothing but goons on there.
You do know that Marta information is public record.  

You can retrieve anything you want, if you know where to look.

Facts are Facts.  The overtime at MARTA is ridiculous. That's why the budget is always in the red.

The new CEO, has made sure to put the budget back in the black...Being that MARTA is always short of operators, the high overturn rate, and abuse of FMLA usages has allow a lot of operators to benefit the overtime.

Last edited:
Why em i Always in this dudes mouth? :lol:
This.

I heard garbage men are making 6figures.

Only down size, you really going to working manually, as oppose to a lazy desk job. Wear and Tear. :lol:
http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/garbage-collector

No, garbage men don't make 6 figures. :lol: In fact what I posted seems higher than what I assumed they make.

This dudes must've never met a NY sanitation worker :lol:

Them boys is CERTIFIED 6 figure ****** with da OT they pull... shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Blue collar jobs where you know a actual trade is lucrative as ****.

Welders, plumbers, machinists, electrician, etc all pull 60-80k easy.

Hell autobody dudes that JUST work on collision repair = $$$$$$$$$

Grease monkeys who rebuild engines and transmissions = $$$$$$$$

My mom's hick Dominican mechanic she had for 30+years that died of a heart attack died a multi-millionaire, and that man couldn't put a coherent sentence in english if you paid him to. :lol: RIP

And if you guys love a place where political correctness doesn't exist, i suggest you go into a vocational field. No safe space wet blanket, mambi pambi Pajama boy, feminist Social justice warrior pinheads in sight :smokin just honest hard working cats thats about getting $, hard hat mentality.

This is accurate, the numbers are on the high end though, the average salary of an electrician is about 50 grand.

No one is saying you can't make money doing these jobs but yall are inflating it.

*Sigh*

You're not taking into account locality..

If you doing any of these jobs in NYC you're automatically making more than da national average.

My damn fork lift operator who loads my truck makes WAY more than a measly 50k :lol:

Stop lookin at salary aggregate like gospel, you gonna meet a blue collar cat one day and he's gonna tell you what he makes annually thats gonna make you re-evaluate your whole existence. :lol:

then post it, that news story was about the highest paid Marta employee

Post the records of all the salaries of bus and train operators in the Marta, you have access to it right?
Yeah so I can lose my job. 
laugh.gif
 FOH

You the one challenging and doubting me.  Have nothing to prove to you. 

Last edited:

This is accurate, the numbers are on the high end though, the average salary of an electrician is about 50 grand.

No one is saying you can't make money doing these jobs but yall are inflating it.

*Sigh*

You're not taking into account locality..

If you doing any of these jobs in NYC you're automatically making more than da national average.

My damn fork lift operator who loads my truck makes WAY more than a measly 50k :lol:

Stop lookin at salary aggregate like gospel, you gonna meet a blue collar cat one day and he's gonna tell you what he makes annually thats gonna make you re-evaluate your whole existence. :lol:
Since you called 50k measly then I can finally say it. 60-80k isn't a lot of money either, nor is 100k. Matter of fact it's not enough money so yeah....

Blue collar jobs are awesome and much better than a lot of careers that require you to have a bachelors and sometimes even a masters....with a trait in hand YOU are the job, you can cut the chains and be your own boss....something you more than likely won't do in an office....so yes, a mechanic, electrician, plumber, contractor >>>>>>>> accountants, office managers, etc.

I just paid 700$ to a plumber to replace a gas valve, and remove my old sink and install a new one....job was no more than 1.5 hours....I know I got GOT...but if you want to follow the rules and have your **** protected from a lawsuit you have no choice....and these are jobs that a machine won't ever replace....I think.

LB I wouldn't be surprised if a plumber, etc is pulling over 100k if they market themselves independently aside from their legit job and do side gigs off the books which I'm sure many do.

Hell my boy working for ConEd now as a site supervisor after 10 years if bringing I believe 130k :lol: and he does side gigs AND he saves a lot of money on his own house work, something many home owners gotta budget for.

Omg look at me, I didn't go to school, I work with all men and we use tools like cavemen. I'm blue collar. :nthat:

I know about people like you, sit the hell down.

**** you Lionblood, How about this, I'm 20 years old pulling in $34 an hour, have a great pension plan set up, full benefits, and by age 24 I'll be pulling in over $60 an hour without owing a dollar to anybody, all because I was smart enough to know college wasn't for me. Not educated? I'm a craftsman, you couldn't do the things I do every single day.

Back
Top Bottom