Why does it seem like there is more Nat'l pride with US Soccer than US Basketball?

We're too good at basketball for it to be this much fun. I'm not a big soccer guy, but I don't think there is any comparatively dominant nation in soccer.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

US is lucky they just made it to the second round.
laugh.gif
They better be prepare to get demolish in the round of 16 though

dont post again.

laugh.gif

haters gonna hate

laugh.gif

haters gonna hate

Simple. We know the US SHOULD win every Olympics where as with the world cup the US are ALWAYS underdogs

Simple. We know the US SHOULD win every Olympics where as with the world cup the US are ALWAYS underdogs

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

overall yes, because like most said the USA bball team should win
it seems like there was more excitement following the US win today than there was when the "Redeem" Team beat Spain for the Gold Medal 2 years ago
but this part i dont agree with, everyone was staying up late and going down right crazy for that game and was the lead story everywhere
I dunno bro....there were folks damn near crying off of the US making it to the round of 16....

also, on the flip...what about the nations who expect to dominate in soccer every World Cup?  In comparison to USA basketball, I think we're a little more "ho-hum" when we do win.....they (other countries) treat soccer like life/death....hypothetically, if D.Wade made a costly mistake that blew the USA's chances in winning a gold-medal game, life would go on.....if I remember correctly, didn't David Beckham get ridiculed for a red-card in a WC appearance a few years back?  Like it was something that he can NEVER live down?  Someone help me with that.....

*And as far as saying "everyone loves an underdog," I just looked at the FIFA Rankings, and we were #14 in the world....out of the WC group we were in, only England was ahead of us....so, wouldn't it be a disappointment if the US didn't advance seeing that they were better than both Slovenia and Algeria?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

overall yes, because like most said the USA bball team should win
it seems like there was more excitement following the US win today than there was when the "Redeem" Team beat Spain for the Gold Medal 2 years ago
but this part i dont agree with, everyone was staying up late and going down right crazy for that game and was the lead story everywhere
I dunno bro....there were folks damn near crying off of the US making it to the round of 16....

also, on the flip...what about the nations who expect to dominate in soccer every World Cup?  In comparison to USA basketball, I think we're a little more "ho-hum" when we do win.....they (other countries) treat soccer like life/death....hypothetically, if D.Wade made a costly mistake that blew the USA's chances in winning a gold-medal game, life would go on.....if I remember correctly, didn't David Beckham get ridiculed for a red-card in a WC appearance a few years back?  Like it was something that he can NEVER live down?  Someone help me with that.....

*And as far as saying "everyone loves an underdog," I just looked at the FIFA Rankings, and we were #14 in the world....out of the WC group we were in, only England was ahead of us....so, wouldn't it be a disappointment if the US didn't advance seeing that they were better than both Slovenia and Algeria?

laugh.gif

Captain Negative to the rescue! Be easy.....if youve been watching any of the games you would know that the US has a solid team this year with a lot of talent. They could have two easy wins if the Ref didnt give a way the second game.

During todays match it was clear that US dominated and had multiple chances to score, unfortunately Algeria has an official goalie that was there at all the right moments.

laugh.gif

Captain Negative to the rescue! Be easy.....if youve been watching any of the games you would know that the US has a solid team this year with a lot of talent. They could have two easy wins if the Ref didnt give a way the second game.

During todays match it was clear that US dominated and had multiple chances to score, unfortunately Algeria has an official goalie that was there at all the right moments.

Agreed with replies.

You also gotta remember too for every person celebrating today there are probably 20 who could care less. It just seems huge right now. I'm not sure it's that much bigger thing than US winning hoops but I dunno. It's fresh right now.

Agreed with replies.

You also gotta remember too for every person celebrating today there are probably 20 who could care less. It just seems huge right now. I'm not sure it's that much bigger thing than US winning hoops but I dunno. It's fresh right now.

Look at WHO is representing the US in basketball and look at WHO is representing the US in futbol. Some folks aren't cool with "us" representing them. Hell some don't even care about basketball because it is all about "us."

Also remember, many of US cared about the USA beating Spain, as a nation we might not have cared.

Take it how you want. That reason can't be brushed aside either. 

Look at WHO is representing the US in basketball and look at WHO is representing the US in futbol. Some folks aren't cool with "us" representing them. Hell some don't even care about basketball because it is all about "us."

Also remember, many of US cared about the USA beating Spain, as a nation we might not have cared.

Take it how you want. That reason can't be brushed aside either. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just looked at the FIFA Rankings, and . . .

they mean about as much as getting selected to an all-star game 
laugh.gif

Nobody goes by FIFA rankings. The fact of the matter is aside from last years Confederations cup the US hasn't made any mark on the international stage, and this seems to be our biggest possible chance to change this.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just looked at the FIFA Rankings, and . . .

they mean about as much as getting selected to an all-star game 
laugh.gif

Nobody goes by FIFA rankings. The fact of the matter is aside from last years Confederations cup the US hasn't made any mark on the international stage, and this seems to be our biggest possible chance to change this.

Back
Top Bottom