Why don't young "shoe-heads" live in the "now" rather than chasing retroes??

let's face it the 90's were the best time for everything. music, shoes, clothing styles, and especially basketball.

Dag RayRay what you wrote is about how I felt or was growing up! Im 27 and my bestfriends brother down the street really got us hooked on kicks. I forgot theones he had, but one of the 5's and 8's just really had me. NBA on NBC..best jingle!!! Watching the man on TV was like none other..Im glad I was ableto record some of his games.

i dont really understand this thread. are you trying to exclude anyone who didnt watch MJ on tv LIVE or what? i'm 23 and only watched a bit of him but thatdoesnt change the fact that i love his shoes and sill have that charisma. it's like old american muscle cars from the 60's, i wasn't born to seetham when they first rolled off the production line and obviously have no memories but i still love them just the same for what they represent so i bought one,same thing with jays. i just dont understand why some try to act like they are above the younger ones because they were around when the OGs from the 90'sfirst dropped.

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

i dont really understand this thread. are you trying to exclude anyone who didnt watch MJ on tv LIVE or what? i'm 23 and only watched a bit of him but that doesnt change the fact that i love his shoes and sill have that charisma. it's like old american muscle cars from the 60's, i wasn't born to see tham when they first rolled off the production line and obviously have no memories but i still love them just the same for what they represent so i bought one, same thing with jays. i just dont understand why some try to act like they are above the younger ones because they were around when the OGs from the 90's first dropped.
Here we go again... another one who missed the point of this thread.

The OP was ASKING what draws younger "heads" to buy shoes that were popular 20+ years ago. And if it is not because of MJ, what is it? The look ofthe shoe? The hype? What? It's a question, not a statement. He was NOT saying that you have to be a fan of MJ or anything. He is ASKING a question.

Originally Posted by Dghost

I'm 16 and I try to collect retros and OG AJs because I have been in jordans all my life (my first pair of shoes were actually the aquas) and that's the only brand of shoes I really care about. Besides being an actual representation of the greatest player that ever lived, the styles are the best and still are the best and its been 20+ years for some of them. When I see numbered jordans on feet especially my own I always take a moment and look at them, and I don't know why I love them this much but I do

maybe because they are:

dsc00032b.jpg

laugh.gif

good one

Originally Posted by free da juice

let's face it the 90's were the best time for everything. music, shoes, clothing styles, and especially basketball.

Truest shit I've ever read on this board.

Older jordans have these vibes. I know a lot of people don't play guitar on NT, but to me it's the same vibe playing an old guitar as it is havingolder jordans. They just have this classic vibe. (that may have not made sense to anyone.)

everyone wants to be part of something; these young cats know when the real heat dropped, and want in...
i always liked old baseball cards that are way before my time, i think i know a lot about these players,
but i know it's not like i was there to see it, or around when they played

the original AJ1 dropped when i was in 3rd grade, by 6th grade i was part of the $100 sneaker craze, and by high school i was already
waiting for what is now known as the retro for many different kicks that i either had or had not

THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS ONLY 26 AND AINT EVEN THAT OLD!!!...HE WAS ONLY 8 YRS OLD BACK IN 1991 WHEN THE VI'S CAME OUT....I WAS 13 AT THE TIMEROCKING BLK (leather kids sz) INFRAREDS AND SINCE 84 I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A KID WHO STICKS HIS TONGUE OUT WHEN HE DRIVES TO THE BASKET...NOW IM OLD BECAUSE IREMEMBER WHEN THE MAN HIMSELF WAS DRAFTED ON THE SPORTSCHANNEL AND WE USED TO MAKE FUN OF KIDS WHO HAD IMITATION JORDANS FROM ZAYRE OR VENTURESTORES....SHAKING MY EFFIN HEAD BUNCH OF YALL WERE JUST EMBRYOS!...Kids stick to skin tight pants...vans...(which is actually a style from the 80's)...kidsnow a days have no sense of own style so they pick up ours...

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS ONLY 26 AND AINT EVEN THAT OLD!!!...HE WAS ONLY 8 YRS OLD BACK IN 1991 WHEN THE VI'S CAME OUT....I WAS 13 AT THE TIME ROCKING BLK (leather kids sz) INFRAREDS AND SINCE 84 I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A KID WHO STICKS HIS TONGUE OUT WHEN HE DRIVES TO THE BASKET...NOW IM OLD BECAUSE I REMEMBER WHEN THE MAN HIMSELF WAS DRAFTED ON THE SPORTSCHANNEL AND WE USED TO MAKE FUN OF KIDS WHO HAD IMITATION JORDANS FROM ZAYRE OR VENTURE STORES....SHAKING MY EFFIN HEAD BUNCH OF YALL WERE JUST EMBRYOS!...Kids stick to skin tight pants...vans...(which is actually a style from the 80's)...kids now a days have no sense of own style so they pick up ours...

my thumb goes up to you my friend

THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS ONLY 26 AND AINT EVEN THAT OLD!!!...HE WAS ONLY 8 YRS OLD BACK IN 1991 WHEN THE VI'S CAME OUT....I WAS 13 AT THE TIME ROCKING BLK (leather kids sz) INFRAREDS AND SINCE 84 I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A KID WHO STICKS HIS TONGUE OUT WHEN HE DRIVES TO THE BASKET...NOW IM OLD BECAUSE I REMEMBER WHEN THE MAN HIMSELF WAS DRAFTED ON THE SPORTSCHANNEL AND WE USED TO MAKE FUN OF KIDS WHO HAD IMITATION JORDANS FROM ZAYRE OR VENTURE STORES....SHAKING MY EFFIN HEAD BUNCH OF YALL WERE JUST EMBRYOS!...Kids stick to skin tight pants...vans...(which is actually a style from the 80's)...kids now a days have no sense of own style so they pick up ours...
You think you are old??? I was 18 in 1991! lol. I was 11 years old when MJ entered the league and 12 when the first Air Jordans were released in1985. My first pair of Jordans were the black/red AJKO I's and were a men's size 9! Now... I am old
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

You think you are old??? I was 18 in 1991! lol. I was 11 years old when MJ entered the league and 12 when the first Air Jordans were released in 1985. My first pair of Jordans were the black/red AJKO I's and were a men's size 9! Now... I am old
laugh.gif

This first dude is a clown. He claims to be oh so smart and whatever because of his age but still types in all caps and demonstrates a ridiculous amount ofimmaturity. I should stick to skinny jeans because I have no style of my own? Ummmmm NOPE. I'll stick to my jordan and my baggy $*# clothes becausethat's what I like n that's what I've always liked. When I was lil I couldn't even dream of these shoes. I would only wear running shoesbecause then I didn't need another pair when I played sports and they would be the BOGO pairs that cost like twenty bucks a piece. Now that I have my ownmoney I choose to buy the shoes I think are beautiful and I do so beachse I like them not cuz I'm copying your style. I didn't even grow up in thisplace so the fact u claim we all copy your older style which is probably rooted in American style is bull *@!%.

does it matter if we dont kno about mike as much as u??
im 16 and i like the shoes so i buy them, shouldnt that be the only thing that matters??

Originally Posted by Trav T

Why don't we all live in the now and wear Kobe's and fusions.

Lmfao nah I think I speak for the rest of nt when I say no thanks except for the kobes

Op is mad cause when he wants to cop a pair of the newly released air jordan he can not find a pair bcuz of the young kids and hypebeasts so he trying to trickya so less people to buy those air jordans and he has a chance to get a pair

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

^^^ Continuing to miss the point of the thread...

I didn't miss any point. The OP should have asked his question without the dumb suggestion that we wear ugly current shoes.

when i was a kid, last thing i wanted to wear was those ugly sneakers from the 70's, man, all i wanted was a fresh new pair of Nike Air Jordan III's,IV's or V's.....

so for kids these days to want to wear something from 15-20 years ago.... i don;t get it cuz Nike is not really marketing these styles..... you look at the adsand the stuff and it;s shoes of the "now" being marketed.

then take a look at the prices of these retros....pushing $200 and some $300 when you count the packs..... what kid could afford $200-$300 shoes. are theyaimed at kids???...... these retros aren't for performance so you can;t bring the argument that back in the 80's, J's were expensive too cuz backin the 80's, the $100 J's were the cutting edge of the time, they weren't retros. point is, perhaps JB means for these shoes to be purchased by theolder crowd with jobs that can afford them, that's why they are ridiculously priced

Back
Top Bottom