Why in the world do black ppl call each other the N word?

This isnt a debate. This is a discussion between blacks that have no respect for themselves by calling each other a derogatory term and those who realize thattheres better ways to address each other. The excuses in this thread isnt worth debating really. " because i can" , " i was raised on thatword". You cannot debate such foolish excuses. Go to sleep

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

I'm not one to come in here in judge, but for myself, I have started to notice that since I read "Race Matters" by Dr. Cornel West (who, like MLK, used the term not as a term of endearment which is a common misconception) I've started addressing my friends as "dude"; i.e. "What's up my dude?"

I will be lying to say that I don't still drop the n-bomb, but when I do, its usually when I'm addressing someone who is acting nigardly.

Just my $0.02

Hmmmm I'm about to go pick that up now. Thanks for suggestion

My black friends don't call each other n word, but they do say there is a difference between black people and n_ with an a. Like if you see black a guy orgirl doing something really dumb, illegal and anything else stupid. He's a N_ with an a.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicefro

Originally Posted by Ricasho

Hold up hold hold up. So if I called you a Dumb F***, you could turn that around and make that statement into a positive one? People remember the oringinal conotation of the word and always will. That flipping stuff does not exist. Im sure your grandparents or any elder black person or white person knows what I'm talking about. The word has not been devalued, its actually been made stronger and is mentally raping the youth of all races because other races think its fine to use it since black peopler use it on themsleves. Most african americans I've seen get mad or offended when a white person uses it, but its fine when tayquan or shameka or labanisha or one of those crazy names for black people use it. Its just so backward.
frown.gif
What about girls calling each other the B word nowadays like its friendly.
Thats a whole other topic too LOL. I personally dont mess with chicks that call each other $++*%!! so I can't speak too much on it. I haveheard it many of times though.

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

I can't stand when Africans come threw and question what American blacks are doing.

This reminds me of a kinda funny yet mostly sad story my dad told me about his experience at work in the airport with Africans...he told this fat African lady that she would have to buy a second seat because she was too fat to allow the person seated next to her to be comfortable...so after some debate she says to him "YOU are from the GHETTO! I am from AFRICA!" So my dad (who is on duty at his job at this point, mind you) goes "What? Your whole damn continent is a ghetto! Go back to the hole you crawled out of." <br><br> When he told me I was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
all at once.
And that is the ignorant type of behavior I hate on both parts The African lady for assuming your father was from the ghetto and your father beingjust as ignorant for assuming that the entire Africa is a Ghetto because he probably sum how overheard somebody reading or saw it on TV that most of Africa ispoor.

Originally Posted by daemacho

My black friends don't call each other n word, but they do say there is a difference between black people and n_ with an a. Like if you see black a guy or girl doing something really dumb, illegal and anything else stupid. He's a N_ with an a.
laugh.gif
And to a certain degree its true. I know quite a bit of black people who DONT use the N word. I dare you to use the N word to a bunch of blackbusiness men in a meeting and tell me they wont look at you funny. The word is wrong and if your still calling your friend or whatever the N word when yourolder, then your just gonna stay at the same level of ignorance that you had when you were younger.

I think is tasteless. I don't use it personally and I'm black. But when it's laid over a Timbaland beat...
pimp.gif

i just got back from a work event. one of my bosses is black. and interestingly enough, this topic actually came up. his whole stance was that it'sridiculous that black people continue to refer to each other using that word. obviously im not trying to say all black people should share the samesentiment...but i just thought it was interesting that this came up tonight at a work event.

Oprah: When I met you a few years ago, we discussed our disagreement over the use of the N word and misogynist lyrics in rap music. Do you believe that usingthe N word is necessary?

Jay-Z: Nothing is necessary. It's just become part of the way we communicate. My generation hasn't had the same experience with that word thatgenerations of people before us had. We weren't so close to the pain. So in our way, we disarmed the word. We took the fire pin out of the grenade.

Jay put it in good words. Not saying this is the ultimate truth, but its pretty much how i feel about to word.

it's funny when u have a black friend call u by the N word when u arent even black yourself... i find it odd.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

it's funny when u have a black friend call u by the N word when u arent even black yourself... i find it odd.
it's even funnier when your friend is Mexican

dude calls me the N word all the time

So u sayin only black people are Ns?

Originally Posted by cartune

So u sayin only black people are Ns?
laugh.gif

If that's not the case, then can everyone use the word?

(Disclaimer: I don't believe only Black people are _s.)

If this is the case, why hasn't the term Jigga*** or C**n turned into positive words for the community? Why hasn't it been turned around?

I just cant understand how some of yall cant see the positive in the word n!&&a....

Its like a punch in the face to all those who used it to keep black ppl down.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

I just cant understand how some of yall cant see the positive in the word n!&&a....

Pretty much.

If it offends you that much just dont say it and be done with it.

Actually, it's racists who are laughing at you when they hear you refer to each other as such. It reaffirms their beliefs.

Don't be naive.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Actually, it's racists who are laughing at you when they hear you refer to each other as such. It reaffirms their beliefs.

Don't be naive.
Exactly.

whats up with corny white boys and asians using the n-word? i dont allow that around me, but i see it on the net/hear about it.

How when we are not using it in a discriminating way.

Basically telling the racist..." its just a word. Why should I let a WORD hold me down."

And wth do i care what a racist thinks??

Back
Top Bottom