Why is having an opinion considered hating?

What pisses me off the most are these young rappers and their "definition"

Remember back in the day if a rapper was wack another rapper called him out on it? That was just the way it was. It wasn't hating.

Now if you're not a fan, you're a hater if you say 'you don't like something.' This is a wack rappers saving grace.

Other rappers scared to come out and dismiss these lame Ricky Bobby %$% dudes for fear of being a "hater" Thats why I respect the demeanor of Eminem.

OP Sorry to go strictly on music but I've had this discussion several times as well about Wayne

"Hating" is just a word easily thrown out by ignorant people who cant respect another person opinion.

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by ape

its not the message its the delivery
true, a lot of people are too close-minded and simple to understand that the message is what's important.
Their pride gets in the way with the connotation of it.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by ape

its not the message its the delivery
true, a lot of people are too close-minded and simple to understand that the message is what's important
however i can usually tell when someone actually is a hater or is hating on someone....they'll say things that expose that hint of jealousylike "oh he makes those louis vuitton shades look wack" or "pssh i liked those sneakers, till she got em"

The term "hater" has been overused and misused. People will call you a 'hater' if you dont agree with them these days. I believe someoneshouldn't be called a hater if they have a different opinion.

I'm a Hater and I could not care less
grin.gif

I hate on LBJ but I respect his game, same goes for S Dot and Wayne
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DunkeDinSaucE

because people think its cool to be quick to call someone a hater or to catch a hater
EXACTLY!!! I'm so tired of people putting that on their Facebook status'. "I love my haters, I have so many of them" Do youthink that maybe the reason you have "haters" is because your lame/annoying/stupid?

for the most part i dont care if Im considered a "hater" for lending my opinion....I hate following the masses.

Because people would rather have you second guess yourself than actually listen to what you're saying and have an intelligent conversation and/or debate.

35jcvus.jpg

Uncle Willie sez:

"Back in MY day, hating on somebody was when you WANTED them to do bad; you hoped they wouldn't score 30, bag the baddest %%*!, or get the latestCadillac.

NOWadays if you don't like something/somebody, "YOU HATING." Young whippersnappers got the game clucked up.

The term "hate" has been so oversaturated in our culture that it has become nothing more than a defense mechanism. Its true meaning isn't evenused anymore. If you have a difference of opinion with someone than you are a hater. If something is corny its corny. I'm not being a "hater" youare just corny. Its a defense so nobody can call anybody out on anything. Similar to the term "homophope." If I don't agree with homosexualitythen I am a "homophobe." Same thing....

hating on someone because you are secretly jealous of their life IMO is the definition of a "hater" not liking/feeling someone/something is nothating, it's your opinion. but really this whole thing is just as cliche and lacking depth as the whole "swag" issue. some people like to argueabout nothing

I feel what the OP is saying. That's how this current era is. Its comedy to me.
laugh.gif
But I ain't changin' with the times on this one.

ppl always have a tendency to call some1 a hater when that person disagrees with them and everyone else (or mostly everyone) agrees. i have the same problem, iignore them. i jus hit them with facts especially when its about lil wayne

Back
Top Bottom