Why is it a crime to say that Lauryn Hill is overrated?

She was the star of the Fugees. They dropped The Score, which is a classic album that sold 6 million records won 2 Grammy awards. 

Then followed that up with the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. There are classic albums, and then there is another level in which this album belongs. Sold 8 million records and won 5 Grammy awards. 

How is she overrated with those credentials? 

Last edited:
She hasn't been the same since she got sued by everyone who worked with her on that album including her ghostwriters and producers. The Fugees sucked.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but honestly saying "Lauryn Hill is overrated" doesn't even make sense. She was a pioneer in hip-hop music.

The Score is one of the best albums I've ever heard in rap.

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is flawless.

She set the bar ridiculously high after Miseducation. It was literally impossible for her to top that effort.

she isnt overrated but her time has came and went . that self imposed exile killed her career at worst she could of been badu status if she kept pumping out music here and there. also what female is gonna listen to somebody who got knocked up six times by rohan and didnt lock him down only to see him split and get with a model 
laugh.gif

So is it safe to say that Drake replaced Lauryn Hill as being labeled as a great rapper even though you mostly hear r&b?

^was that an attempt to be funny?

Don't fck with lauryn hill man. She might've went crazy, but don't fck with her

She was the star of the Fugees. They dropped The Score, which is a classic album that sold 6 million records won 2 Grammy awards. 

Then followed that up with the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. There are classic albums, and then there is another level in which this album belongs. Sold 8 million records and won 5 Grammy awards. 

How is she overrated with those credentials? 

And there you have it. Goodnight y'all..

She's overrated as ****

The Fugees had some great music but she wasn't a solo act. Wyclef did a lot of the work.

Miseducation, ehhh. I could give a damn about this album.

After 1999.....what has she done? Drugs and had 20 kids but carries herself like she drops a classic every 2-3 years.

The Score was a classic album & Miseducation was flawless from start to finish.

You can't put out albums like that & be overrated... They're timeless albums. You also can't accomplish something like this when you're overrated -

View media item 402592
:pimp:

The Score was a classic album & Miseducation was flawless from start to finish.

You can't put out albums like that & be overrated... They're timeless albums. You also can't accomplish something like this when you're overrated -

View media item 402592
:pimp:

the score was a group effort and she didnt do the miseducation by herself like she led people to believe...

Who puts out great works totally by themselves though?

Lots of great R&B artists have writers. And she raps herself. So this thread is dumb. Unplugged sucked.

This thread made me realize when people run out of good things to say , they start saying stupid ****. :smh:

Lauryn Hill stans are almost on the same level as Beyonce and Jay stans.

LISTEN TO THE BULL **** THATS OUT NOW AND CALL HER OVERRATED YOU ****** DUMB *** ***** I KNOW SHES CRAZY NOW AND GOING THROUGH THINGS BUT COME ON NOW

I don't listen to anything that's out now. Is that somehow supposed to excuse her from the fact that I think she's wack? She's in the same boat as Wyclef. Two artists with overrated legacies.

Last edited:
Code:
I treat this like my thesisWell-written topic, broken down into piecesI introduce then produceWords so profuse it's abuse how I juice up this beatLike I'm deuce, two people both equalLike I'm Gemini, rather SimeonIf I Jimmy on this lock I could pop itYou can't stop it, drop itYour whole crew's microscopicLike particles while I make international articlesAnd on the coverDon't discuss the baby mother businessI been in this third LP you can't tell me, I witnessFirst handed I'm candidYou can't stand it, respect demandedAnd get flown around the planetRock Hard like granite or steelPeople feel Lauryn Hill from New-Ark to IsraelAnd this is real, so I keep makin' the street's balladsWhile you lookin' for dressin' to go with your tossed salad
OP how? 

Code:
I treat this like my thesisWell-written topic, broken down into piecesI introduce then produceWords so profuse it's abuse how I juice up this beatLike I'm deuce, two people both equalLike I'm Gemini, rather SimeonIf I Jimmy on this lock I could pop itYou can't stop it, drop itYour whole crew's microscopicLike particles while I make international articlesAnd on the coverDon't discuss the baby mother businessI been in this third LP you can't tell me, I witnessFirst handed I'm candidYou can't stand it, respect demandedAnd get flown around the planetRock Hard like granite or steelPeople feel Lauryn Hill from New-Ark to IsraelAnd this is real, so I keep makin' the street's balladsWhile you lookin' for dressin' to go with your tossed salad
OP how? 
Is this supposed to be hot? I feel like y'all are giving her a pass because she's a woman.

Back
Top Bottom