Why is suicide looked down upon?

Why do people keep saying suicide is easy? You'd have to go through some intense %$@* to reach the point of putting a gun to your head, popping pills, hanging yourself, or w/e method you choose.

True, some are weaker than others.. but, easy? C'mon.

and "man up" isn't a solution for everybody.

whenever suicide comes up i always hear people say that the easiest way out would be to OD because it would be painless but a lot of people don't stop and think about difficult it is emotionally on yourself doing that. there's no easy way to commit suicide, you're better off putting that energy towards getting help.

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

"Permanent solution to a temporary problem."
But, not everyone has temporary problems and some people are just stronger to deal with their demons than others.

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

"Permanent solution to a temporary problem."
But, not everyone has temporary problems and some people are just stronger to deal with their demons than others.

Originally Posted by Esco51

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Zyzz

cowards way out
It takes balls to be able to take your own life.

No it doesn't. It takes balls to wake up, get out of bed every morning, and put food on the table for 60 years. People who take their own life are the weakest of the weak. If you're going to end your life prematurely at least do it for a cause.
this.
its the fact that when all things are going wrong for you and you accept the challenge and persevere thats true guts

Originally Posted by Esco51

Originally Posted by Zyzz

cowards way out
It takes balls to be able to take your own life.

No it doesn't. It takes balls to wake up, get out of bed every morning, and put food on the table for 60 years. People who take their own life are the weakest of the weak. If you're going to end your life prematurely at least do it for a cause.
this.
its the fact that when all things are going wrong for you and you accept the challenge and persevere thats true guts

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

What if somebody just not feeling the whole living experience? Like what if I "wasn't bout that life" literally?  That makes me weak? It's like somebody forced you to stay a party you don't wanna be at.....for a really long time.
Weak? That depends on what you were killing yourself for....I'm not into calling people who make a choice that serious in their life weak or cowards, but you gotta admit some people go out for WEAK reasons

Children have commited suicide, to call them weak and cowards is stupid..they barely understand what that means and barely understood what it meant when they took their own life

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

What if somebody just not feeling the whole living experience? Like what if I "wasn't bout that life" literally?  That makes me weak? It's like somebody forced you to stay a party you don't wanna be at.....for a really long time.
Weak? That depends on what you were killing yourself for....I'm not into calling people who make a choice that serious in their life weak or cowards, but you gotta admit some people go out for WEAK reasons

Children have commited suicide, to call them weak and cowards is stupid..they barely understand what that means and barely understood what it meant when they took their own life

Originally Posted by Club29

People love you whether you want to realize it or not.

Suicide hurts them more than you would ever know.

Thats why.

What is more selfish then making someone endure the pain of living just because YOU want them alive?

majority wins

Originally Posted by Club29

People love you whether you want to realize it or not.

Suicide hurts them more than you would ever know.

Thats why.

What is more selfish then making someone endure the pain of living just because YOU want them alive?

majority wins

suicide shouldn't be looked down upon, but i think it is because of stupid religion.

people have no idea what that person is going through. it's EASY for you to say "yo life is tough just man up", but do you really know the persons history? no because 99% of the time they won't tell you because they're ashamed, or whatever.

and i disagree with it being 'selfish'. like someone said, it's selfish for others to avoid the pain by seeing the person alive, yet suffer each and every single day of their life. so what some of you are basically saying is, let this person live the rough life just because there are a few people that love him and don't wanna go through the pain?

i can tell you right now it's not an easy decision. you don't just wake up one day and kill yourself. you go through months, and maybe YEARS (like the story) of pain to finally say that's enough.

suicide shouldn't be looked down upon, but i think it is because of stupid religion.

people have no idea what that person is going through. it's EASY for you to say "yo life is tough just man up", but do you really know the persons history? no because 99% of the time they won't tell you because they're ashamed, or whatever.

and i disagree with it being 'selfish'. like someone said, it's selfish for others to avoid the pain by seeing the person alive, yet suffer each and every single day of their life. so what some of you are basically saying is, let this person live the rough life just because there are a few people that love him and don't wanna go through the pain?

i can tell you right now it's not an easy decision. you don't just wake up one day and kill yourself. you go through months, and maybe YEARS (like the story) of pain to finally say that's enough.

So years of sexual abuse is the only acceptable reason?  Thats seems like the only reason getting a pass.

So years of sexual abuse is the only acceptable reason?  Thats seems like the only reason getting a pass.

Cheap way out imo. Lessens the value of life.

As for the pain thing putting incurable ailments aside there are plenty ways to remedy depression or a syndrome or some other mental disease. Even for the incurable things there are ways to ease pain.

Cheap way out imo. Lessens the value of life.

As for the pain thing putting incurable ailments aside there are plenty ways to remedy depression or a syndrome or some other mental disease. Even for the incurable things there are ways to ease pain.

Back
Top Bottom