Why is suicide looked down upon?

My sister tried to kill her about a year ago through pills and a good friend of mine tried to off himself a few weeks ago. Last I heard he is still laying up in an ICU unit with burns all over his body. I'd visit him but his fam has blocked anybody from visiting and from his note that another friend of mine told me, his fam were the ones that pushed him over the edge.

The situation with my sister was over some dumb !%@% and even now she admits it so its a non issue. She even realized within seconds what she did, and ended up getting to the hospital to get her stomach pumped. My friend on the other hand, I don't even know what to say. He tried to go out in one of the most graphic ways I've ever heard. I can't even fathom what he was dealing with...

Recently life has been getting tough and lonely...i have been thinking of suicide and i was ok/comfortable with it. However, i thought more into it and realized i'd be quitting in life and hurting my family and they dont deserve that.

I guess this made me a better person to this day.

Keep your head up OP....get that help you need. Suicide is not the answer.

Recently life has been getting tough and lonely...i have been thinking of suicide and i was ok/comfortable with it. However, i thought more into it and realized i'd be quitting in life and hurting my family and they dont deserve that.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Suicide wasn't the answer for YOU.
It just might be for him.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Suicide wasn't the answer for YOU.
It just might be for him.

I was really close to taking my life but I'm glad it didn't go through. I thought about and tried it everyday for a few months. Being suicidal is no joke and very hard to do. I am blessed to have a loving family that helped and supported me. I realized a lot of things during that tough period in my life. It has made me who I am today and I am glad i went THROUGH that phase in my life. OP seek help tell a professional doctor. If youd like to know more and need someone to talk to pm me OP.

I was really close to taking my life but I'm glad it didn't go through. I thought about and tried it everyday for a few months. Being suicidal is no joke and very hard to do. I am blessed to have a loving family that helped and supported me. I realized a lot of things during that tough period in my life. It has made me who I am today and I am glad i went THROUGH that phase in my life. OP seek help tell a professional doctor. If youd like to know more and need someone to talk to pm me OP.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I think its too easy of an option...
Really now? It's easy to KILL yourself? 
Some of the logic in this thread is stupid and sellfish.

"Please don't kill yourself! I don't want to feel sad for you!"

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

30t6p3b.gif

It all boils down to perception and someones mental state. Not to say you have to be clinically crazy to do so.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

30t6p3b.gif

It all boils down to perception and someones mental state. Not to say you have to be clinically crazy to do so.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Once again, people who have never confronted those feelings/ issues have all the answers...

This, everyone commenting in here isn't dealing with any of the issues that someone suicidal is dealing with. Can't judge someone elses actions if you have never been through what they have.

Once again, people who have never confronted those feelings/ issues have all the answers...

This, everyone commenting in here isn't dealing with any of the issues that someone suicidal is dealing with. Can't judge someone elses actions if you have never been through what they have.

Back
Top Bottom