Why the hell is cologne SO damn expensive?!

I'm not a cheap person, but the older I get, the more I value my money.

And the more I hate that I have to spend so much money on these kinds of things.

The only reason this is one of those things I don't get cheaper off of eBay is cause knockoffs are impossible to spot.

Anybody know of any online spots with genuine colognes/perfumes that I can save money on?

smh.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

OP i dunno but this is what i currently wear

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

the ladies love it, its like a damn pheromone

You could kinda say the same thing about clothing though.

Just cause a pair of jeans are extremely expensive, that doesn't make them all that better than a pair of Levi's.

At least with this being the Holiday season and the few hook ups I got, I can get some kinda deal.

But it still doesn't feel like I'm saving anything.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

And the more I hate that I have to spend so much money on these kinds of things.

The only reason this is one of those things I don't get cheaper off of eBay is cause knockoffs are impossible to spot.

Anybody know of any online spots with genuine colognes/perfumes that I can save money on?

smh.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
How quickly do you go through a bottle to think that they're that expensive? Mine could last a year, sometimes even more so the relativelyhigh prices don't bother me.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

OP they sell knockoffs if that suits you better . ...cough:: broke::cough
Umm...yea...

That's the point of this thread.

I cop the genuine stuff. And the prices are crazy.

Just cause someone notices something is priced kinda ridiculously, That makes them broke?

I ain't rich, but I'm far from broke.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

smh.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
How quickly do you go through a bottle to think that they're that expensive? Mine could last a year, sometimes even more so the relatively high prices don't bother me.
exactly not to mention im not one of those dudes who constantly wears the same smell, my pops was big on colognes so i kinda took after him with abig rotation

you should wear different smells for the seasons also. ones for spring/summer then fall/winter.

Umm...yea...

Just cause someone notices something is priced kinda ridiculously, That makes them broke?

laugh.gif

Just joking man, yea it is expensive but you know what.....perfume is worst...bought my mom Chanel perfume and it was $100, if you saw the size of thatbottle....I guess its conisidered a luxury

Umm...yea...

laugh.gif
so can we all agree you are cheap?

go copp you some AXE if its that serious....?

that too....

does anybody wear cologne everyday? an if they do i hope not the same smell.

You could kinda say the same thing about clothing though.

Just cause a pair of jeans are extremely expensive, that doesn't make them all that better than a pair of Levi's.
CO-SIGN

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

How quickly do you go through a bottle to think that they're that expensive? Mine could last a year, sometimes even more so the relatively high prices don't bother me.
Friends and family are always in my stashes.

Like I said, I'm not cheap. So I really don't mind when people need some.

But I like to get different kinds too, not just the same kind all the time.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

that too....

does anybody wear cologne everyday? an if they do i hope not the same smell.

This...i have a few bottles. I have a bunch that i have for over 2 years.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Son you get what you pay for. You wanna smell like 10 dollars or 100 dollars?
laugh.gif
Really?
That's what ever colonge marketing team wants you to think.

The OP had a valid question, how can something produced so relatively cheap, but sold at so a high cost.

I think the previous poster had it down. Perhaps its necessary for something that lasts so long.

I still don't buy that better ones need to be necessarily that more expensive. Especially since the price range from cheap to good is anywhere from adollar to $100+. I'm willing to pay more to companies who's products are far superior, but at more than 100% the costs of others?

I know many nters won't agree, just my .02 cents.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I am allergic to cologne/perfume.

when i as younger cologne/perfume was worse than trees and flowers bloomin at the at start of april

Back
Top Bottom