Why the hell is cologne SO damn expensive?!

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

bought my mom Chanel perfume and it was $100, if you saw the size of that bottle....I guess its conisidered a luxury
Women stay getting deals on everything they buy.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

But when you consider THE AMOUNT of women walking into Macy's year round, of course, they gonna get their stuff cheaper.

I got a homegirl who works in Macy's and that's what she's always complaining about, the amount of women customers she has to deal with.

Originally Posted by LiveFree

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Son you get what you pay for. You wanna smell like 10 dollars or 100 dollars?
laugh.gif
Really?
That's what ever colonge marketing team wants you to think.

The OP had a valid question, how can something produced so relatively cheap, but sold at so a high cost.

I think the previous poster had it down. Perhaps its necessary for something that lasts so long.

I still don't buy that better ones need to be necessarily that more expensive. Especially since the price range from cheap to good is anywhere from a dollar to $100+. I'm willing to pay more to companies who's products are far superior, but at more than 100% the costs of others?

I know many nters won't agree, just my .02 cents.

honestly.............all the more expensive colognes smell better unless you can put me on to some sleep cheap smelling good colognes

dolce and gabbana, yves saint laurent, gucci, prada, armani etc all smell the best imo.

EBAY, Craigslist, or if you are in the hood catch someone that is illegally selling it.

Or just convert to body oils. Much cheaper. Same effect.

For every cologne, there is an exact replica body oil out there. You need to invest in body oils. Deeper scent

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

EBAY, Craigslist, or if you are in the hood catch someone that is illegally selling it.

Or just convert to body oils. Much cheaper. Same effect.
Muslims selling body oils outside C-Town always got a crazy crowd around their van.

I never really bothered to check out what they got though.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I am allergic to cologne/perfume.

when i as younger cologne/perfume was worse than trees and flowers bloomin at the at start of april
I feel you on pollen and spring time.
But as I get older I don't sneeze as much anymore.

Next time I am in Georgetown, I might look into some cologne.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...I stopped wearing cologne everday

Co-sign. Not because of $ or anything, but it just seems unnecessary/inappropriate to smell like cologne in class or at work everyday. If you shower in themorning and wear deodorant you really don't need to wear cologne. Also, aftershave will give you some hint of a nice odor if you shave daily. I mostlyspray if I'm going out with the lady or doing something else weekend-y. This way a $50 bottle of cologne will easily last you a year.

And Prada Amber is a MUST COP!!!

And as to OP's original question: like anything else, BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY! Why are PS3 games $60 when they probably cost $1-2 dollars toproduce? Manufacturers base prices largely on what people are willing to pay, not on what is reasonable or close to cost.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Sputnik

go cop some jordan cologne, its cheap.
I haven't worn that since I was 13.

When the bottle had a slight Carolina Blue color to it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

true story

My mom bought my dad this when it was fairly new for a present i dont recall if it was part of birthday, xmas, anniversary. I was young at the time but I couldtell pops was pretty damn upset like
sick.gif
smh.gif
, tryna hold it in. Moms was like
grin.gif
........"I tried."

Ya'll know HNS.

L2L,

You don't gotta be on that Kay Currency $%*+ to get some nice cologne.
CK Black or Blue
Aqua Di Gio (sp)
ETC...
And the birds will still flock.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Ya'll know HNS.

L2L,

You don't gotta be on that Kay Currency $%*+ to get some nice cologne.
CK Black or Blue
Aqua Di Gio (sp)
ETC...
And the birds will still flock.

laugh.gif

nah i def always liked CK fragrances an also Kenneth Cole......i guess those would be the cheaper ones i mess with.

I haven't worn that since I was 13.

When the bottle had a slight Carolina Blue color to it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

true story

My mom bought my dad this when it was fairly new for a present i dont recall if it was part of birthday, xmas, anniversary. I was young at the time but I could tell pops was pretty damn upset like
sick.gif
smh.gif
, tryna hold it in. Moms was like
grin.gif
........"I tried."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember we went to a Knicks game and there was a Jordan cologne trailer in front of MSG giving some out.

This one...
3806420897_7819b3d878.jpg

Me and my pops both got one and he ended up giving his to the guy sitting next to him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you can not go wrong with POLO cologne. POLO Blue is my recommendation, complements from young girls to cougar women. Goes well if your shirt is blue.

nah i def always liked CK fragrances an also Kenneth Cole......i guess those would be the cheaper ones i mess with.
I do security for an Outlet Mall.

I forgot we had CK & Kenneth Cole stores in there. I'm gonna check it out when I go to work.

But I hate dealing with the wrinkly, horny 46 year old ladies behind the counter.

Hell, most of the women I've encountered in the fragrance dept. got problems....Must be all that cologne that got them horny as hell.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I do security for an Outlet Mall.

I forgot we had CK & Kenneth Cole stores in there. I'm gonna check it out when I go to work.

But I hate dealing with the wrinkly, horny 46 year old ladies behind the counter.

Hell, most of the women I've encountered in the fragrance dept. got problems....Must be all that cologne that got them horny as hell.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OMG

i remember once (must be around fathers day 2008) i was shoppin at Macy's lookin for a new cologne for my dad, the lady was goin VERY hard. she was easilyaround my moms age.

matter fact she hooked me up with a bunch of random goodies, towel, water bottle, CK duffle bag, I didnt even buy CK cologne....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

you can not go wrong with POLO cologne. POLO Blue is my recommendation, complements from young girls to cougar women. Goes well if your shirt is blue.

what does that have to do with anything?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

o, rly? where did you go about making that assumption? frm 1 sentence? kewl.
Just saying...You don't really know me to be saying I'm cheap.

Meh.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

cologne only lasts long if you have a nice rotation
You don't need a rotation for it to last long, unless you're like some fools who spray 5-6 times. I have my bottle of aqua de gio (sp isprob wrong) for over a year and wear it the most out of anything else everyday and I still have half a bottle. All you need are 2 sprays at most one on thewrists and half/full spray on the neck.

I can't stand when some fools be showering in that +%%+ especially when it's a strong scent.
sick.gif

I agree it could be a little expensive. $50 is much, but if it's a smell you like an intend to use its worth it since it lasts so long. Instead of goingto department stores go to your little neighborhood shops. I use to work in a family owner pharmacy/convient store and our prices were about $10-$20 belowwhat macys would be charging

Back
Top Bottom