Why the sneaker game will never be the same.

The game changed when people started to say cop rather than pick up a pair. When you started to care what people really thought about what you liked and didnt like. When you buy something because 50+ people will say "cop". Growing up most of us in our late /mid 20's couldn't afford the sneakers that are out today. Thats why we pick them up now. The kids under 20 have no clue what it was like to get a pair of SIG jordan's back in the day. I could really care less about most of the people that post in here because more than all of them get under my skin. So I try not to post too much.

Anyways you will keep buying anything that becomes trendy or as you would say "hot" I'll speak for my self and keep getting the jordan's that I couldn't afford growing up.

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

Not to sound like an elitist, but I dont really see the draw to Jordan brand for all of these kids that never even saw Mike play or if they did he was in a Wizards uni.

Hit the nail on the head. I swear I've been going over this in my head for years.....and I still can't figure that @#$% out.
roll.gif

^^ didnt see that quote... but yeah that dude is right. I would have to guess more than 60% of the kids on this site really have no idea to compare the OG to today. Enless they go buy a pair from back them but even than its been put away and still isnt the same.

Again Kids under 20 have no idea what they are talking about. They will all start with the same thing "I would see (dad/brother/family/friend) with jordans and hear about it and loved basketball so" and than talk and try and explain. Thats when in my head u'm loling because its all bull @*** from there on.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but we just had a complaint post about this back in December when the Spacejams dropped. At this point, you know what to do, either you are buying them or not, stop complaining. It's not going to change the price point of the shoe, it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Rapasaurus

Originally Posted by malibusfinest310

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Yo im 18 yrs old and started collecting Jordans at age 13 so I had the chance to experience the Eastbay Catalog Period (remember circling the ones
you wanted and putting your initials on it when others liked them too), Not knowing what would drop later in the year, etc...BUT I also experienced
Standing in line with my Moms (Was very sick but I still went to stand in line for my Fire Red 3's). not having to Moe Lawns and Rake Leaves, etc...

I also rock Skinny Jeans and I hate when people Stereotype us and believe we are all "Jerks who only cop because the sneaker is new"
because I am a True Jordan head and I lovee Collecting them based on the History of the shoe, Colorways, Designs, Appearance, etc !!

So yeaa I feel the Sneaker Game has tarnished drastically but I will not let Young Kids who just want to be seen in the New Jordans and
all of the other negatives (bad releases by JB as well) force me to give up on Jordan Brand and my desire to collect because I have that
much love for the Brand

Peace

1. Where are you getting this apparent trend?

2. But you rock skinny jeans. Opinion is void.
THIS!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SMFH so because I rock skinnies my opinion doesnt matter ???
GTF outta here no matter what ANYONE says I will continue to rock them
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Lames need to realize Baggy Jeans are soooooo played !!!
Exactly. Which is why a very small portion of the urban male population now chooses to look like females, yourself included. Congratulations.

And you just said the word "skinnies". Please re-evaluate your life situation.

Yo im 18 yrs old and started collecting Jordans at age 13 so I had the chance to experience the Eastbay Catalog Period (remember circling the ones
you wanted and putting your initials on it when others liked them too), Not knowing what would drop later in the year, etc...BUT I also experienced
Standing in line with my Moms (Was very sick but I still went to stand in line for my Fire Red 3's). not having to Moe Lawns and Rake Leaves, etc...

I also rock Skinny Jeans and I hate when people Stereotype us and believe we are all "Jerks who only cop because the sneaker is new"
because I am a True Jordan head and I lovee Collecting them based on the History of the shoe, Colorways, Designs, Appearance, etc !!

So yeaa I feel the Sneaker Game has tarnished drastically but I will not let Young Kids who just want to be seen in the New Jordans and
all of the other negatives (bad releases by JB as well) force me to give up on Jordan Brand and my desire to collect because I have that
much love for the Brand

Peace

THIS!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Exactly. Which is why a very small portion of the urban male population now chooses to look like females, yourself included. Congratulations.

And you just said the word "skinnies". Please re-evaluate your life situation.

You can THINK I look lykee a female all you want but that isn't preventing me 4rm getting laid
so your opinion really doesnt matter
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

End Of Convo

You guys need to understand that the world is changing and baggy jeans are NOT cool.  Do you see any high end denim companies making baggy jeans..NO.  Naked and famous, evisu(to some degree), Samurai, Atelier Du Laurance to name a few.  Step your denim game up because nothing pulls together a legendary shoe like some high quality jeans.  And when we talk about skinny jeans, we arent talking about jeans like girls, we're talking about jeans that actually FIT. peace.

Originally Posted by Ak1ck54l1f3R

You guys need to understand that the world is changing and baggy jeans are NOT cool.  Do you see any high end denim companies making baggy jeans..NO.  Naked and famous, evisu(to some degree), Samurai, Atelier Du Laurance to name a few.  Step your denim game up because nothing pulls together a legendary shoe like some high quality jeans.  And when we talk about skinny jeans, we arent talking about jeans like girls, we're talking about jeans that actually FIT. peace.

Finally someone agrees, why walk around with the "Gangster Look" and be labeled a gang member, drug dealer, etc when
you can just wear some Jeans that actually fit and look presentable as well as stylish?!?!?!

Guess some dudes just don't get, ive seen Real Hip-Hop heads (Common, Nas, Kid Cudi, etc) wear Skinny Jeans which goes to show that
TIMES ARE CHANGING SO "Get with it or get left behind"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

^Wearing jeans that are fitted doesn't coincide with wearing jeans that are too small. You lose.

If the jeans you wear don't have a cuff that can fit over the heel and tongue of your sneaker AT THE SAME TIME, then they were made for a broad to wear.

much love for the Brand

Peace

THIS!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Yeah you'll continue to rock them til that kid at your high school and/or lil wayne decides there not cool anymore then you will move on to the next fad.
and money mike hit the nail on the head... never thought Id see the day when kids in high school would be calling me a lame though, lol. 

all this talk about high end denim is bs. Levi's 501's all day. There classic they'll be around forever. you naked and famous, evisu, samurai and all that other crap will be gone, and trust me when I say this Levi's will always come back around and when it does the young trend followers(like yourself) will be right back to wearing them, looking at yourself in pics and wondering what you were thinking...

we are in the information age! its the same with music. theres kids running around claiming they are hip hop heads and never heard a Biggie's New single, if you know what I mean. All and all it does no good to complain. Just salvage those memories that you do have. I was glues to the tv when jordan won his 6th ring...I really wanted to be that man. Im only 24 now but i have similar memories. Shoveling snow to raise my sneaker money....my first pair were 7s....those were the days

we are in the information age! its the same with music. theres kids running around claiming they are hip hop heads and never heard "Biggie's New single", if you know what I mean. All and all it does no good to complain. Just salvage those memories that you do have. I was glues to the tv when jordan won his 6th ring...I really wanted to be that man. Im only 24 now but i have similar memories. Shoveling snow to raise my sneaker money....my first pair were 7s....those were the days

This is so tru i work n a shoe store and I seen a 40 year old dude come in staring at the Chicago II's and he juss shoke his head.... he told me how when he was younger he would clean people houses, ball for money at the park and still beg his parents just to get a pair of jays. but he said that back then it was alll worth because it was more than just buying another pair of sneakers... I was amazed i mean me only being 19 now i buy jays that i like and to me there just some fresh shoes to wear but i guess theres more to it than that.......

Welp in my defense its not ma fault i cnt control when i was born

Originally Posted by rbblazejr

This is so tru i work n a shoe store and I seen a 40 year old dude come in staring at the Chicago II's and he juss shoke his head.... he told me how when he was younger he would clean people houses, ball for money at the park and still beg his parents just to get a pair of jays. but he said that back then it was alll worth because it was more than just buying another pair of sneakers... I was amazed i mean me only being 19 now i buy jays that i like and to me there just some fresh shoes to wear but i guess theres more to it than that.......

Welp in my defense its not ma fault i cnt control when i was born
A young guy that gets it finally. Its refreshing to see a younger guy say "hey its just a fresh pair of kicks" instead of trying to fake some attachment to the glory days. Well done. 
This probably sounds weird coming from me beings that Im only 28 but, you are right you didnt have control over when you were born and your not trying to fake some "OG" status. Atleast your doing it the right way by working for yours... thats not so different than what we did way back whe. 

My big brother was a big collector of Jordans when I was little. I always used to look at him like he was crazy for buying expensive sneakers. He later taught me how to appreciated sneaker instead of looking at it as just a material possession. I started collecting years ago.

I've always had a huge collector of something since I was a child. When I was little, I had a MASSIVE Car and action figure collection that I appreciated so much. I later moved on to video games and sneakers followed suit. OP, stories of stuggle for purchasing sneakers still exsist.

I've had to work many extra hours to go towards any sneaker purchase and to have good money saved. The struggle is still there. Don't go about thinking that all new fans of sneakers have parents with a endless flow of cash to get them every pair.

Add to the fact that I know how dear my sneakers are to me and how I feel about them. Should I ever lose my love for sneakers(HIGHLY DOUBT it) I will always remember the great experiences I had with them.

I don't care what others say, I wear what I want when I want. I don't care how much the newer guys like sneakers, that is their business. The whole OG thinking the new fellows are destroyign what they once considered cool is just annoying and truely unfair. I am proud to say that their are sneaker fans who wear Jordan and some weren't even old enough to fully enjoy a Jordan game or remember.

That just goes to show how timeless sneakers are. Do you and enjoy your life. Don't worry about the other fans of the Sneaker Game.

I also rock Skinny Jeans and I hate when people Stereotype us
Strike 1 and 2 right there.

Wearing/not wearing something because it's "played out" ftl. I suppose when skinnies are "played out" and you've moved on to the next trend you'll make fun of those who still wear them.

Your not doing much to dispel the stereotyping.

Finally someone agrees, why walk around with the "Gangster Look" and be labeled a gang member, drug dealer, etc when
you can just wear some Jeans that actually fit and look presentable as well as stylish?!?!?!

Guess some dudes just don't get, ive seen Real Hip-Hop heads (Common, Nas, Kid Cudi, etc) wear Skinny Jeans which goes to show that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

That is quite possibly the dumbest statement I've EVER read on here, and I've been here since day 1

"How about the feeling you got the first time you saw the Jordan V".

The 5s Were What Made Me Really Start Lovin Jordans... Matter Fact Shoes In Gerneral. I Remember Sittin In Class On The First Day Of School An This Dude Had Them On An I Litterly Stared At The Shoe The Whole Day. As Soon As He Told Me What They Were I Fell In Love With Jordans Since. I Cant Really Say Too Much On The Shoe Game In The 90s Cause I Was Still Young (Like Quality An Prices). I Had The Concords When I Was Small. But Back Then Times Were More Simple. Most People Wernt Sittin Infront Of The Computer Shoppin Online For Shoes Or Lookin Around For RDs An Leaks On Shoes. The Cool Greys Are A Key Example Of JB Bein Greedy An Not Caring About The Customer. When I Heard The Space Jams Were Gonna Be $175 I Wasnt Trippin Cause They Were Space Jams An A Highly Wanted/Anticipated Shoe. But Theyre Gonna End Upp Makin All 11s $175 Jus Cause Of The Fact That They Know People Will Go Out There Way To Pay The $$$ An They Know That The 11s Are One Of The Most Loved Shoes Of All Time. Its Not Like They Cant Afford To Produce Shoes With Good Materials. Most Retros Sell Out In The 1st Couple Days Theyre Availible. So As Long As People Will Contiue To Purchase Products With Cheap Materials At A Higher Price Then JB Will Continue To Manufacture Them  .

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

That is quite possibly the dumbest statement I've EVER read on here, and I've been here since day 1

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i have to agree im young only 21 started out with my flint grey 7's my parents bought me and i was set and that was the last pair they ever bought me i didnt grow up with alot my sisters man and my barber are real sneaker heads they have everything from original ny knick 10's to de la soul highs i always looked up to them and not just a few years later i own over 150 pairs and i own all kinds of crazy things way before my time im not a poser and i dont buy 3-4 pairs to resell i hate that number 1 and number 2 175 for cool greys is steep and i make 50k a year i mean when you consider back when the fire red 3's dropped and the mar's 4's they where only like 115.00 now there trying to charge 150 for the same thing??? i mean the anniversary 4's are the pures from a few years back and i got mine for 90$....prices gone up quality gone down and im recent but i have stuff from 2000 and i can tell and feel the difference...there is nothing wrong with buying shoes because you love the culture but dont make your parents wait in line to get space jams just so you could be one of the kool kids i grew up to that movie and i watched mj play my whole childhood people just buy things so they can fit in no one is original and more

to be original is to be hated on in this day and age

sorry for the bad grammar and punctuation im sleepy lol

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I also rock Skinny Jeans and I hate when people Stereotype us
Strike 1 and 2 right there.

Wearing/not wearing something because it's "played out" ftl. I suppose when skinnies are "played out" and you've moved on to the next trend you'll make fun of those who still wear them.

Your not doing much to dispel the stereotyping.

Word to Ron Artest

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

Yeah that is just scaru like rabies in the tap water... 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

***INFLATION and RESELLERS***been in this game since 1988 and still gives me goose bumps during the release day up to now,that means im still into it

Back
Top Bottom