Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

i think it already is, i dont think they make as many retroes as they do colorways of each lebron model, not to mention lebrons are pretty much at the 200 mark for his normal hi top line, they dont sell out but then again lets do a real comparison

JB retros 1-2 colorways of 7 retro models in a 6 month time span
nike produces like 7 colorways of the lebron hi tops in the same time span

more people are going to buy the different shoes rather than buy the same shoe over and over again with different colors (especially for the prices Nike ask for)

I don't understand how this thread has so many pages..

One damned Championship...

lebron will never be jordan 
mean.gif

most Jordan have that unique look and can be wear as "Stylish" shoes.

Lebron really look like basketball shoes, they are not as nice to wear off-court IMO.

It's difficult to win the popularity contest for that reason.

Jordan caught a moment that had never been captured before him

now everybody is trying to recreate that moment

it's tough and damn near impossible to do

lebron has the best chance, i dont see it happening but wouldn't put it past lebron to do so

most Jordan have that unique look and can be wear as "Stylish" shoes.

Lebron really look like basketball shoes, they are not as nice to wear off-court IMO.

It's difficult to win the popularity contest for that reason.
honestly i think only I-IV can actually be worn casually and look stylish
the Vs started to get more narrow and conform to the foot
from the VIs on they seem more performance driven and are not nearly as stylish as I-IV

kids who never even seen MJ play....as a wizard, will still buy his sneakers. I'm pretty sure the same will happen with LBJ in the future, but JB's line will be relevant for many generations...it helps that jordan's signature line is one of the best ever

kids who never even seen MJ play....as a wizard, will still buy his sneakers. I'm pretty sure the same will happen with LBJ in the future, but JB's line will be relevant for many generations...it helps that jordan's signature line is one of the best ever
Wizards MJ is what I saw as a kid too. And Wizard MJ was dropping 50 points on dudes half his age. Wizards MJ had some of the coolest shoes in his short time with the team(Cool Grey XI, ALL THE XVII,)

Think back though to the original releases of Jordans.. Everyone and their mothers had them. In the same colorway.. That pretty much cemented these shoes as classics for decades.. Which lebrons will be seen as those world encompassing models??? The hard to find rare lebrong 8 SBs?? Oh yeah.. Those will go over great in 20 years when they retro and are released in just a tad larger quantity.

There's world renowned (because after all, almost everyone could get these jordans) and then there's this internet culture that has been created with the help of the more "rare" lebron shoes that perpetrate this being close... Step off the internet and it is not even CLOSE.

Lebron is the greatest player to ever play basketball tho.

It takes a lot to win a championship with two other superstars. You have to put your ego aside for the greater good.

Dat focus. And the fact that they did it without a supporting cast and a horrible head coach makes it that much better.

LeGod. :smokin :nthat: :pimp: 8)

:smh:  @ me for clicking that first spoiler. 

Looks at Avy.

THE IRONY OF KOBE STANS

I think the future generations will. the kids who grew up to LBJ in his prime just as most of us grew up to MJ in his prime.

LeBrons have surpassed Jordans in retail price, and $200+ Lebrons sell better than $200+ Jordans ever did

Kids Lebron X's are $140 this year :x

Last edited:
LMAO

Yeah maybe to you kids, who's never had an OG pair of  Jordans in your life. Im 23 and LEBRONS WILL NEVER be as popular as Jordans was and always will be.

Only good lebrons are the 4's and 9's.

Remember Kids

Jordan + Sneakers = ICONIC

Lebron + Sneakers = FOOLISH HYPE.

Damn shoes that tell you how high you jump, but fools wearing them 6'3 and cant touch the gotdamn net.smh

This post is nothing more than superficial sneaker culture rhetoric to once again indirectly undermine Lebron as a player through his sneakers. Not a heat fan and i own a lot more J's than Lebrons but someone needs to be objective and not let your nonsensical post slide.

You talk about how iconic jordan's are. If they were so iconic, why didn't the OG's ever sell out? Go ask anybody in their 40's about the OG Jordan's. Them things sat. Even the concord 11's. The narrative that Jordans sold out instantly is simply false. Jordan's starting selling out toward the end of his playing career. I remember being a kid (27 now) and you could literally buy OG Jordans/Nikes from Stride-Rite (how many of yall remember that store?). My first pair of J's where Cardinal 7's. When I got in middle school, you could walk in any sporting good store and many of the OG J's available months after release. I passed on many pairs of OG J's to get those nike air uptempo white/blk/neon.

To all the young kids in here, don't let this dude fool yall. J's were not selling out back in the day. People were not lining up and doing all this crazy stuff that people are doing now. This irony with this poster is that he labels lebron + sneakers as foolish hype yet he/she is the one who is foolishly hyping up the sales of OG Jordans.

They will never be as popular as jordans. all the young kids trying to dress like us like ive said thats why retros are so hard to cop. That cycle will continue with their kids as jb continues to re-re-re-retro. the lebron line didnt get hot until the 7 IMO. 7-9 are the jordan 3-4-5 (or 11-12-13) of that line. The 4s were aight, but nothing else in his line would get a second look from me.

THE REASON WHY JORDANS SAT WAS THE PROCE AND THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WERE BEING KILLED EVERYDAY FOR WEARING THEM...

i REMEMBER WHEN THE AQUA 8S DROPPING FOR HTE FIRST TIME PEOPLE WERE DYING IN nyc ALL THE TIME

the infared 6s made alot of people scared to rock Js at certain parts of the city

the 150 -160 price tag was also a reason for them sitting so long, when other companys were selling their high end models for 100 - 120 tops....

plus they were sooo many dope kicks to be had, look at all the retros NIKE is coming out with, imagine copping 2 pairs of 90s kicks for one pair of jordans... it was a no brainer,

I think the future generations will. the kids who grew up to LBJ in his prime just as most of us grew up to MJ in his prime.
No they won't.

A lot of the people that buy the sig shoes today, aren't even fans of the game. They're fans of the guy.

What a player did in them no longer matters to guys. It's the value of the shoe that does.

Don't forget bout them red tipped Iverson's :pimp:. But growing up me and my boys all had our fav players shoes but of course there was always Jordans but we couldn't afford to keep up with those.

I remember I had ALL the Iverson's until I realized they were ugly :lol:

My boys had all the T-Macs, Pennys, Kobe's when he was with Adidas, and you better believe people was rocking those Grant Hill Fila's! Nowadays all the Kobe's, LBJ, and KD's look EXACTLY the same with all these wild stupid colors :smh:

Never thought i'd see the day but Foams are starting to go this route too.

Jordan's will always be number one but there were some nice runs out there too :pimp:

Plus you couldn't wear J's on the court if you sucked! :smh:

sorry to dig up this old thread but it needs to be said...plus i made an account just to say it

LEBRON X ABSOLUTELY *****S ON JORDAN X!

Last edited:
No

People talking about how Jordans sat back in the day they don't realize that Jordans were super mass produced back in the day(think 2x the amount Lebrons are produced)....all in the same 3 colorways.
Lebrons sell now because they're limited. I collect Lebrons but I cant even think of a 5 definting moment shoes for him.

Kids that weren't even born when some of the retros were made are still rocking them! Which is crazy to me.

Last edited:
eek.gif
laugh.gif
 @ all the young beasts in this thread?

After all is said and done. When LBJ's career is over, If he doesnt win 6 championships, 6 finals MVPs, 5 League MVPs, 10 scoring titles, etc. He's shoes will NEVER come close to being popular  as the Air Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom