Will Smith "Why I turned down the Matrix"

That pitch meeting :rofl: :rofl:

But Will Smith/Val Kilmer??? Ehhhh, glad he passed on that. Keanu was perfect

I personally loved Wild Wild West and still do. I think the right decision was made. Matrix wouldn't have become what it was had Will been Neo. We'd probably look at it like some weird post apocalyptic version of State of the Enemy. Another great film that time has forgotten.

You must have the strongest of loud with what you're saying right now

That sounded like a horrible movie pitch. Cant blame Will for going with WWW which is safe in comparison to that description :lol:

The ending of that vid was some high level trolling playing the wild west song :lol:

The idea of Val as Morpheus opposite Will is horrible. Should've continued the trend and consider Tommy Lee Jones :lol: :pimp:

If you think about it, if they would've had Will Smith and Lawrence Fishborne, its a whole different movie. Heavy racial undertones.
I was actually pissed at that part. Hollywood just has to always do the white black thing when it comes to hero and mentor or w/e dynamic it is.

Whole different movie with Will as the lead and Fish supporting.

Last edited:
I never really could get into the Matrix movies. The Only Keanue Reeves movies I liked was Point Break and Speed. I haven't seen the John Wick movies either cuz of him. :lol: Been meaning to check them out though.

But turned around and starred in After Earth :lol:
Yeah cuz it was a vehicle to prop up his son as a major movie star.
I thought the racial undertones were already the point though.
Yeah but with a white lead it invokes the usual white savior trope in to the story.

If Will is Neo and you keep Fish as Morpheus you literally have two black guys freeing humanity from physical enslavement via metaphysical means in the form of a simulation, fighting hordes of white guys in the process.

One of the most underrated films and underrated scenes in a film. I watched this film in theaters cause I’m a HUGE Speed Racer fan and was in awe. Movie was too ahead of its time. Literally would get high and watch this and get goosebumps

Wachowskis peaked at the wrong time. This film would make a killin were it out in this day and age.

Folks, I didn't edit his post.

He's actually serious about this.

I personally loved Wild Wild West and still do. I think the right decision was made. Matrix wouldn't have become what it was had Will been Neo. We'd probably look at it like some weird post apocalyptic version of State of the Enemy. Another great film that time has forgotten.
upload_2019-2-15_7-30-50.jpeg

Mona Lisa Overdrive :pimp:

The 2nd and 3rd movies were disappointing.
It's always interesting to me the stories about which actors passed on which roles. In Will's case, he doin great but there's gotta be some actor who passed on a massive role only for his career to fizzle. Thats gotta hurt.

You know what other Superhero movies are underrated Val Kilmer's Batman. Jim Carrey killed that role as The Riddler. Watchmen is underrated too.

Agreed with Jim Carrey. He was perfect for that role.

Not sure about Watchmen. I thought its wideley heralded as an amazing movie.

Watchmen is a classic in my eyes. Subverted all superhero movie expectations and I still say it, along with The Dark Knight laid the groundwork for that period of serious superhero movies.

Can’t wait for the series on HBO that Lindeloff is doing.

Back
Top Bottom