WINDOWS 10

anyone using the Windows Edge brower? How do you like it?

If I could get adblock or something like it on there i'd switch from chrome

I'm having issues with videos playing from twitter/Instagram since updating, any idea why?

will bootcamp my mac when the official update is out from apple. it'll prob take awhile tho.

right click video file>cast to device
smokin.gif

couldnt stream to my samsung tv to save my life before
eek.gif

This could change everything since I've ripped all my movies to my computer.

I'm holding off on upgrading to 10.

My current laptop is the first one I got in over seven years and the leap from Windows XP to 7 and eventually 8.1 had me discombobulated initially.
laugh.gif

Will try to hold off for a few months so that any bugs/kinks get sorted out.

No you didn't. You have until next year to upgrade. They're not rolling out to everyone all at once because that would crash their servers. It's 2.5GB, so multiply that times 1 billion computers and you can understand why.

Did you have to reserve it beforehand? This is my first time hearing about the free upgrade (I know, I know super late :smh: )

No you didn't. You have until next year to upgrade. They're not rolling out to everyone all at once because that would crash their servers. It's 2.5GB, so multiply that times 1 billion computers and you can understand why.
Did you have to reserve it beforehand? This is my first time hearing about the free upgrade (I know, I know super late
mean.gif
)
Yes, I reserved it for both of my computers. However, only the one with Windows 8.1 got it on the release date. I waited a couple days for my Windows 7 computer but didn't hear anything so I just did the manual upgrade through the Microsoft site. The only downfall I've heard from going directly to Microsoft without waiting is they don't have all of the drivers and software you might need for your specific model so you might have to do some further legwork. If you have a lot of bloatware on your computer now it might be worth it though.

I haven't used my laptop since upgrading, so I can't honestly say how well the manual upgrade works.

BTW... I heard there have been 86 million copies downloaded already since the release while Microsoft was only selling 20 million a month of Windows 7. Rumor has it that Windows 10 has already released more copies than of Windows 8 total.

so far, I'm pretty happy with 10. There are just a few things to tweek and get used to, but nice overall.

running windows 10 on my mac via bootcamp. works perfectly fine. OS is good.. def.. an improvement from win 8.

i'll use it for some time.

What can you do on 10 that you can't on 7?
voice search and pop-up notifications for apps you choose.

Microsoft has also put a lot more emphasis on security in each version of windows, so there's that...

anyone having trouble getting their computer out of sleep mode?  I have my laptop set to sleep when I close it

but when I open it after updating to 10 it wont wake, the keyboard is lit but the screen is black and I have to do a hard restart

anyone having trouble getting their computer out of sleep mode?  I have my laptop set to sleep when I close it

but when I open it after updating to 10 it wont wake, the keyboard is lit but the screen is black and I have to do a hard restart
Have you tried manually turning on the screen? It's one of the function keys on most laptops.

This is what I mean. What is the benefit of having 10 if 7 or 8 already functions properly? If upgrading just means a visual boost, then I'm not going to upgrade.

This is what I mean. What is the benefit of having 10 if 7 or 8 already functions properly? If upgrading just means a visual boost, then I'm not going to upgrade.
It seems faster to me too. I don't think it's anecdotal either.

It seems faster to me too. I don't think it's anecdotal either.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...-make-windows-10-an-easy-upgrade-for-old-pcs/
chartz.001-980x720.png

chartz.003-980x720.png

Yeah, when I buy some new computers I'm sure I won't hesitate to get a win10 box. Personally, I just don't see the need to upgrading if the way I'm set up now is perfectly fine. I don't like having to learn a new OS if it's not necessary. The faster boot times is nice but again not necessary, for me. My pc's boot up fast enough for me.
grin.gif

Not sure if its been addressed but...

Windows 10 environment? What are your thoughts?

Should I invest in a windows mobile phone and possibly tablet to be fully integrated into the windows ecosystem?

Last edited:

Not sure if its been addressed but...

Windows 10 environment? What are your thoughts?

Should I invest in a windows mobile phone and possibly tablet to be fully integrated into the windows ecosystem?
I wouldn't/won't. IMO, the Google Microsoft was just catching up to the Google Now features on the desktop. I have Google Hangouts open anyways and you can set it up to get notifications when Chrome is open if you choose. If you're already in the Google environment you're just doubling up on what you already have. Cortana could be nice but at this point I'm so used to typing my queries I can't played too much with it beyond having her tell me some jokes.

Last edited:
Windows 10 is working faster for me than the copy of Win7 I had. :pimp: I like and dislike this new setup, gonna explore this a little more.

Ended up going back to 8.1
My joint went cray z on me.
Oh, yea, dont trust that ***** Cortana. She trife. 1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom