with all the negative press...will JB/nike wake up?

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

they need to make a lot more 11s...like damn near a million. and upgrade website servers.

malls should get like 1000 pairs, nikestores 2000...literally 100 per size.

Why would they. Everyone goes crazy and their gone in hours. 

jb knows what their doing by releasing these 2 days before christmas but stores handling releases is the problem to me.

between shady employees, crooked managers, and an overall feeling that it's not what you know but who you know screws things up more then anything to me. i'd say at least 75% of stores have no clue how to handle a release like this and do it properly. i really don't see the incentive for employees who make minimum wage to handle things perfectly but there's so much shadiness and politics from these retail store employees.

when people camp out all night long and are the first person in line and all of a sudden that store only has 4 pairs is some crooked stuff.

personally i feel a way to get a message out is that if you had a bad expierence at a champs, niketown, footlocker, etc. if you were mislead, lied to, given the run around or feel employees handled this completely unprofessionaly then call these stores up, let your voice be heard and let them know you will be taking your business elsewhere for future purchases. if enough people do this and sales are down things will get accomplished or at the very least you'll get the shady employees fired.

back in november i had a problem with a niketown employee who was rude, disrespectful and wasn't following company policy in regards to a legit exchange i wanted to make. i called corporate and told them about the expierence i had at their store and the horrible expierence and how i would never shop their again. that employee got fired and i got a giftcard for my suffering.

at the very least, enough complaints to corporate will get the crappy shady employees fired.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by SnackMix

The finishline I went to in Maryland had 4 pairs of Concords but they had 40+ pairs of Black Cement when they dropped. JB purposely created less pairs of Concords to increase the hype over these damn shoes.

Someone lied to you. NO store EVER gets a shipment of only 4 pairs.

Employees bought them all up. Call corporate because with this release Finishline stated that no more than 3 pairs per store could be bought/held by employees, everything else had to be sold on RD and if a 4th employee wanted the shoes they would have to wait in line like everyone else.
Cat at my local Champs told me 3 weeks back they were only getting 4 pairs of 10s.  Then on RD my girl went in there before they even dropped, and she told me that they told her they were "technically all gone."

I WISH a boycott of JB was possible, but we all know it will never happen.  Too many snot nosed skinny pants 17-year olds buying up the stock.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by SnackMix

The finishline I went to in Maryland had 4 pairs of Concords but they had 40+ pairs of Black Cement when they dropped. JB purposely created less pairs of Concords to increase the hype over these damn shoes.

Someone lied to you. NO store EVER gets a shipment of only 4 pairs.

Employees bought them all up. Call corporate because with this release Finishline stated that no more than 3 pairs per store could be bought/held by employees, everything else had to be sold on RD and if a 4th employee wanted the shoes they would have to wait in line like everyone else.
Cat at my local Champs told me 3 weeks back they were only getting 4 pairs of 10s.  Then on RD my girl went in there before they even dropped, and she told me that they told her they were "technically all gone."

I WISH a boycott of JB was possible, but we all know it will never happen.  Too many snot nosed skinny pants 17-year olds buying up the stock.
Dang I think I might be able to sell mine for $800. Desperate is not even the beginning.
laugh.gif

This is ridiculous, you can't blame Nike/Jordan Brand for milking the shoes for what they're worth. It's capitalism at it's finest, for better or for worse. Everyone forgets that at the end of the day, Nike is still a business, who are committed to making the most profits as possible. If people are mugging each other over a damn pair of shoes, and selling them for higher prices, it's their own fault.

It isn't cool that they're making limited runs on these shoes, but it's mostly all hype, and people are willing to pay for that.

I've been wanting playoff and obsidian XIIs ever since I first saw them as a kid, but buying those would mean supporting the company that repeatedly allows and supports all of this violence and craziness around their brand. After all, any publicity is good publicity, just look at Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian's ridiculous lifestyles. Looks like I might be stepping up my adidas originals and new balance game.

I do blame JB to some extent, because they do know this is the biggest release of the year, which is why they do it once a year. They know the hype behind the xi's and they know people will do whatever they can to obtain a pair. This is their bread and butter, and year after year it gets worse... I do not think it will be any different next year for the columbias.

I miss the days when all the release dates were posted in eastbay a few months in advance, and not a year trying to build hype.

I wonder what would happen if JB released the Concords and Space Jams on the same day (12/23/2020). I wish they did something like that just to see how crazy a release like that would be.

JB already knows that the XIs are arguably their best money maker and I think they've already built up more hype than necessary over the years to bring the shoes to notoriety. So seeing that there are floods of people that want the shoes, even those who aren't even Air Jordan enthusiasts, why can't JB just take advantage of the high demand and make the shoes widely available? Imagine how much money they'd make if they made Concords as widely available as a pair of Chucks or Air Force Ones. Sure, maybe make a lot of money as a short-term effect and decreased demand as the long-term effect since they're so widely available. But then again, JB can't expect this "allure" of the XIs that they're trying to preserve to last for long once new generations come around the corner and the brand begins to die out. I think that they'd make more money by having one big hurrah as a result of making the shoes widely available instead of periodically releasing them and capping quantity at a certain amount such that they preserve demand for years to come. That demand's bound to die out eventually.

JB could make the process easier, the stores could make the process easier...but they won't...I hope the families of the people who were killed sue jordan and whoever and get a lot of money, but at the same time its all about the experience. Unfortunately I could not get a pair, but for those people who did I bet it made their week, and it may even be a story that they will tell for years to come. What an experience, "I waited in line for 10 hours" "I was the first through the door and I tripped but I kept goin and I got a pair" "I bought a spot in line" "I slapped the guy in front of me and jumped in his spot" everyone probably has a different story and us as "sneakerheads" (I hate using that term) can and should all respect the people who did what they had to do to get a pair of the most illustrious and beautiful jordans in the game.

I have a soution, JB should make them for a 2 week run during the holiday season and that's it. Didn't get a pair? Well, you had 2 weeks. Should be enough time. Everyone should be happy and JB makes the bottom line and then some.

Originally Posted by air23xxi

I wonder what would happen if JB released the Concords and Space Jams on the same day (12/23/2020). I wish they did something like that just to see how crazy a release like that would be.
How about no.
I will admit it would be a scene to behold. 

Originally Posted by vrdvette

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Nike needs to cut the crap and make these widely available. What we're seeing in public is a disgrace to our society. Half of these idiots are lining up just to resell. This has been going for over a decade since the original retros came out, there's no excuse on nike's part. Everyone knows what's gonna happen when they drop these
I 100% agree. Nike purposely releases the XI right before Christmas every year. Columbia's will probably be next year. No reason they can't make enough pairs and then maybe the reselling would calm down when you could walk into a store like a normal person and just buy a pair. Do people really think all these stores and websites don't know the XI release is a problem year after year after year with many teenagers disappointed for Christmas. What a shame it would be for Nike if these sold out over a week instead of hours and they didn't get all the free publicity. It stopped being really fun to collect when waiting in line for several hours became the norm and the websites crashed all the time on the release dates. Exclusivity means nothing to me - I buy the shoes because I like them.

The Columbias were confirmed to be released next year in December. The price & RD is still TBA but it's practically guaranteed be at least $180 and just before Christmas. That'll be 4 straight years of December XI madness, which started with the 11/12 CDP. Get your riot gear because it'll be Walking Dead ugly......

I think jordan brand is missing the boat on this release completely. This sneaker should be made widely avalible over the coarse of a year. With production on one colorway ending as the next one begins. This would accomplish many things for the company first it would still genetate massive hype releasing it on the 23rd of dec because it'll be the hot christmas present it will sell out on the first run and much like an ipad people will be in line and calling stores for every subsequent release over the next months thus keeping it's mystique but also ensuring nearly everyone will be able to get a pair if they are diligent enough, doing that will also put a big dent in the reseller market giving more profit to jb. Finally any left over stock from the year will be sure to sell out as the end of the year approaches because people will know once december hits the next colorway will be out and it will be at least 4 years until it will be seen again. This is how I would handle arguably the most popular sneaker ever

Originally Posted by soundwave24

Blaming Nike/Jordan Brand is not the way to go.  Nike/Jordan Brand are corporations and they want to maintain the Jordan Hype as long as they can.  Limited amounts of products keeps demands high for the brand.  People then will buy team shoes since they can't get the retros.  This strategy creates demand that sells the same shoes 15 years after it's initial debut.  How many of us think back to releases like the 2001 Cool Grey XIs and just say, "Wow, that was crazy!"? That in turn hypes up the next Cool Grey XI release.  When people can't get the XIs then they buy a team shoe that looks like an XI.  The shoeheads won't because they know better but the average buyer does not.  It's a sound marketing strategy to make premium profits.  Companies are here for their bottom line and investors, not for the sake of the consumer.  Just ask Goldman Sachs.  Is this ethically right?  No, but it is the economic system we choose, capitalism/consumerism.

The problem here is people.  You see how people line up and act foolish for anything they can make money off of such as on Black Friday.  Money and profit brings out the worst in people.  Not only that but our culture has become one that is set on instant gratification and selfishness.  Look at how we handled Hurricane Katrina and look at how people in Japan acted after the earthquake/tsunami/radioactive meltdown.  These are similar situations but Americans had no dignity.  The companies are not the problem, we are.

All valid points. Then aren't the people camping out to resell just a reflection of the corporation? Both worried about their bottom line, profits and making money without concerns for ethics. Corporations are legally separate entities, by law; but they are still run by humans. It's reciprocal and never ending thanks to consumerism.

its not the retailers that ruin releases, its the greedy $+% people that camp out and break all the rules. People who cut in line and muscle there way through. People who sell there wrist bands as soon as they sell them on CL. You all know who you are. S*** gets crazy some times.

They won't change. The allure of these shoes for most people is the fact they're limited and difficult to get, and that when you get them, you essentially buy membership into some exclusive cool person club. Jordan Brand also doesn't care that they could be making more money if they produced more. Releases like this preserve the status symbol nature of their brand and allow them to sell all of their ugly products just because there is a jumpman on them. This Jordan XI pre-Christmas release "spectacle" of theirs keeps their brand relevant. I bet they keep doing it, cycling through the mids until the brand dies off.

The only way to fix this is to stop purchasing these hyped up Jordan releases. I have to admit I have been caught up in the hype once or twice, but in the end whether I got the shoes or not I realise that these are just shoes. An extra pair that I can do without, once you realise that then its easier to sit back on a release. If collectively people chilled on these releases you would see an adverse effect, Jordans being released in larger #'s and reduced prices (like the og's were).

"If collectively people chilled on these releases you would see an adverse effect, Jordans being released in larger #'s and reduced prices (like the og's were)."

^too logical to actually be done. I mean yeah shoes are shoes, but XI's are put on a pedestal. I may want the Shox r4 as my holy grail, but I wouldn't break into a Mall to get em.

"I can't think of a reason for making them limited." lets see, limited quantities of anything creates a higher demand for it, making it more "must have" with that said I see a repeat of the AJ XI madness happening this December .. hopefully no Mall break ins though

but more of the same silliness with people acting like fools to try to cop a shoe

and don't oh prices can't go up because of "economy of scale" BS, Foams used to retail for $199 or $200 and are now $220 AJ XI's used to retail for $175 in 2010 yet they were $185 this past year

what stops JB/Nike from increasing the price even $5? The shoe (Air Jordan XI) sells like hotcakes as is, and I'm sure Nike knows that

plus it's not like people who already hound after the shoe to begin with will scoff at the price going up to say $190, as it's only $5

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Its not JB its the way stores handle the releases that leads to problems.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the In-Store releases.

As far as online releases are concerned I think a strict 1 pair per customer rule and more servers would help solve the problem.

Never going to be strict .....resellers can just put in more orders and use a different address. Dudes are just really greedy.
If resellers can create multiple orders before you can make your one order, that's on you.

Originally Posted by Foam shox

"If collectively people chilled on these releases you would see an adverse effect, Jordans being released in larger #'s and reduced prices (like the og's were)."

^too logical to actually be done. I mean yeah shoes are shoes, but XI's are put on a pedestal. I may want the Shox r4 as my holy grail, but I wouldn't break into a Mall to get em.

"I can't think of a reason for making them limited." lets see, limited quantities of anything creates a higher demand for it, making it more "must have" with that said I see a repeat of the AJ XI madness happening this December .. hopefully no Mall break ins though

but more of the same silliness with people acting like fools to try to cop a shoe

and don't oh prices can't go up because of "economy of scale" BS, Foams used to retail for $199 or $200 and are now $220 AJ XI's used to retail for $175 in 2010 yet they were $185 this past year

what stops JB/Nike from increasing the price even $5? The shoe (Air Jordan XI) sells like hotcakes as is, and I'm sure Nike knows that

plus it's not like people who already hound after the shoe to begin with will scoff at the price going up to say $190, as it's only $5

JB/Nike watches everybody buying at reseller prices. They know people will spend more so they raise prices. If gas prices are up, Nike won't take the loss, we do. Economics 101, if profit is less, they create less quantities as there is less of a reason to produce. They create more than the demand they risk having to put the items on sale and lose profit. They been doing this for years, they know what numbers to produce. Resellers take supply away and keep prices at retail. Nike isn't going to sit back and become a middle man to resellers. Price increases also decrease resellers if they can't make as much money. Instead of chillin on releases, stop buying from resellers and there will be less resellers and more at retail. People expect for their shoes to sell quite fast so they can have more cash flow for the next release. My point is that the fault does not lie on Nike, but on those who create demand for reseller prices. Obviously the more Nike creates, the more resellers there will be.

One thing that pisses me off is that Nike keeps on jacking their prices up because they know that people will still buy their products. Nike's getting ridiculous though, 250$ for new Lebron Elites?? The shoes cost maybe 100$ to produce is my guess. Also, if Nike would release their shoes in greater quantities this would take resellers out of the question

Originally Posted by paritheplatypus

One thing that pisses me off is that Nike keeps on jacking their prices up because they know that people will still buy their products. Nike's getting ridiculous though, 250$ for new Lebron Elites?? The shoes cost maybe 100$ to produce is my guess. Also, if Nike would release their shoes in greater quantities this would take resellers out of the question

Or more supply for resellers. Resellers win by taking any extra stock away from retail and create demand at higher prices. If a reseller can create a large profit with each sale, they wouldn't mind more supply.

LOL you must be out of the loop to think Nike isn't in love with the press. Everytime someone gets shot over a pair of kicks, thats another $3,000,000 for Nike. If dude were to die even better!
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom