with all the negative press...will JB/nike wake up?

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by air23xxi

I wonder what would happen if JB released the Concords and Space Jams on the same day (12/23/2020). I wish they did something like that just to see how crazy a release like that would be.
How about no.
I will admit it would be a scene to behold. 
I was hoping the Breds and the Columbias would both come out this Dec. 23rd, just because I wanted to know what this would be like! Especially since JB made the dumb decision to give everyone an extra 8 hours to prep for the release 
laugh.gif

yeah they are making it tougher now, oh well gotta take the good with the bad it'll all calm down again...........hopefully

I don't think they will come up with any solution to these problems unless they issue numbers to lucky people who can purchase every release which most likely won't happen ever. Until camping happens,more and more retailers and resellers will bloom up and jack up astronomical prices for people who wants them badly.While Nike and JB will just sit and watch it unfolds every release.
30t6p3b.gif

Realistically, the people who say to stop buying from resellers are right. I mean we can all sit here and talk about Nike seeing supply and demand, increasing prices to keep up with resellers, making limited runs to keep hype up, etc. And it's all true. But at the same time- resellers are in the game cause at the end of the day, its an easy way for them to make a quick dollar. I passed on the Concords, as much as I like them- because I knew the madness that was going to happen as a result of the release, and I refuse to pay as much as resellers are expecting. But think about it. If everyone adopted that theory (never going to happen, I know) then resellers would quickly be out of business. I mean I even look at FlightClub as an example. Sure, being from New York, I've copped a couple pairs from there- but its always OGs, or retros that are very old. I refuse to go into FlightClub and pay a jacked up price for a brand new release. I'd rather pay a couple extra hundred for even an 01 Concord, just for a point. Sure no one else would know the difference, but in a way- I feel better about myself for not supporting the resale.

At the end of the day, as long as its "cool" to wear Js and other nike shoes, resellers are gonna try to cop to resell. Until they start losing money, or the shoes start losing hype, its gonna continue. Look at SBs... 10 years ago, they were the @!$@, jacked up prices everywhere... Now only specific ones like the supremes, tiffanies, etc. are still pullin big bucks, and plenty of good lookin shoes droppin regularly with no extra hassle....

Just my .02

nope they will never wake up or learn they are laughing at us and the resellers are winning at this point. if nike retroed alot of unpopular sneakers for a very long time and then resellers realize that they will sit on the clearance racks for like 50%off, i think then it could die a down a little just so that if nike brings out the popular stuff again we have a chance at it since resellers would be hit hard

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Nike needs to cut the crap and make these widely available. What we're seeing in public is a disgrace to our society. Half of these idiots are lining up just to resell. This has been going for over a decade since the original retros came out, there's no excuse on nike's part. Everyone knows what's gonna happen when they drop these

Than u have no idea in doing business.If u produce more than the demand is there,Many pairs will hit the outlets too early.Sure, they could do more market research toMake a better estimation, how many pairs Should be produced of one colorway / model.Like the chicago x or concord xi, i thinkThey could produce them at least 25% more,And yet they wont land in the outlets at all.

Well in lookin at my old post day before christmas
I called the hype carrying to cement iv and did for sure

And again i will call for double production on black/red xi

No store should be left with less than AT LEAST 2 FSR

13 pair per store and 4 gone to employees, including my sz13

DO NOT DROP the ball again nike
Or wait.....
They WANT it, so they can sell the columbia or retro xi+ at $200

JB/Nike watches everybody buying at reseller prices. They know people will spend more so they raise prices. we do. Economics 101, if profit is less, they create less quantities as there is less of a reason to produce. They create more than the demand they risk having to put the items on sale and lose profit. They been doing this for years, they know what numbers to produce. Nike isn't going to sit back and become a middle man to resellers. Price increases also decrease resellers if they can't make as much money. Instead of chillin on releases, stop buying from resellers and there will be less resellers and more at retail. People expect for their shoes to sell quite fast so they can have more cash flow for the next release. My point is that the fault does not lie on Nike, but on those who create demand for reseller prices. Obviously the more Nike creates, the more resellers there will be.

not to be rude but some of what you're saying seems to contradict.

and why do people by from resellers in the first place? Isn't it because the original inventory sells out quickly and re-sellers are their only option? I'd figure a person would try to get Jordan's from a store before going the re-seller route, but that's just me.

"Resellers take supply away and keep prices at retail." - if they kept price at retail .. then what's the issue? Enlighten me if it's different but I thought it went

1. re-sellers get their hands on limited shoe as quick as possible. rest of inventory sells out wicked quick leaving the average consumer with having to go to a reseller if they want to cop the shoe

the re-seller knowing this, can jack up the price to more than retail, and the justification is the shoe's already sold out, so by that logic, it should be worth more than retail

you can say "stop buying from re-sellers" all you want, but people probably turn to resellers when the initial stock sells out, what people have to realize is by acting like fools on release date, all they're showing is that Nike has them in the palm of their hand

Nike won't create a larger stock of a super limited shoe or lower the price because that's the appeal of a super limited shoe .. it costs a lot and it's either cop now or risk missing out.

and as for resellers, if they can make more $$ on a limited shoe, by jacking the price and taking advantage of a sneaker head more power to em. Don't see why you responded to my initial post

I'm not the one wondering
"stores and need to produce more, " or "make these widely available"

it's an expensive shoe, with limited quantities. That's not changing, and the people complaining about availability or stores not producing enough need to wake up

Made this post a year ago with the concords

A day away, and do you think nike/jb has learned?

All year ive been callig for double the production numbers from concords to black and reds. (Many of you laughed)

I honestly think nike migh have listened, or damn near came close.

Now as long as NDC doesnt crash, were gravy baby

Yeah id like to try eastbay again, but knowing its three websites all combined to one stock and server...... Ill stick with ndc

One on firefox
One on google chrome

I was in one store today and the employees were just grinning and playing, while people were visibly upset and anxious for these shoes. The employees of these stores are the problem, point blank. Plus everybody on this site call people Hypebeast, resellers, or vouches for their so called buds but those end up being the same cats who buy 2-3-4 pair and then try to tear people mouth out.

Nike and Jordan brand know exactly what they are doing. They keep the demand high and the supply low. every time they do this they just make more and more people feed into the hype and want the shoe. they don't care about the consumer, its all about business.its sad. i've been doing this 20 years and the shoe game has never been as bad as this

One thing that pisses me off is that Nike keeps on jacking their prices up because they know that people will still buy their products. Nike's getting ridiculous though, 250$ for new Lebron Elites?? The shoes cost maybe 100$ to produce is my guess. Also, if Nike would release their shoes in greater quantities this would take resellers out of the question
try 10-15 bucks, the hyperfuse process uses all cheaper  man made materials and the hyperfuse process takes 90 percent of all stitching out of the shoe, thus cutting the cost of all materials, all labor , shipping costs ,and overall production costs. so that should bring the price down for the consumer right? wrong, shows you how much nike actually gives a damn about any of their customers. their advertising, publicity teams, and athletes  are their key resource in convincing people to buy the bull they are feeding to you

try 10-15 bucks, the hyperfuse process uses all cheaper  man made materials and the hyperfuse process takes 90 percent of all stitching out of the shoe, thus cutting the cost of all materials, all labor , shipping costs ,and overall production costs. so that should bring the price down for the consumer right? wrong, shows you how much nike actually gives a damn about any of their customers. their advertising, publicity teams, and athletes  are their key resource in convincing people to buy the bull they are feeding to you

QFT my man - you have done your homework and your post is 100% spot on. Funny thing is that they put some 'Better World' nonsense on their product, yet synthetic materials are notorious for their use of petroleum and other chemicals.

One thing that pisses me off is that Nike keeps on jacking their prices up because they know that people will still buy their products. Nike's getting ridiculous though, 250$ for new Lebron Elites?? The shoes cost maybe 100$ to produce is my guess. Also, if Nike would release their shoes in greater quantities this would take resellers out of the question

Yup. I believe this is one of the reasons retros are so popular. The retros still use leather while everything new is this hyperfuse garbage.

JB/Nike needs to call themselves in their dreams.

And listen to their subconscious. 

Maybe they will awaken
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Srs

Last edited:
Yup. I believe this is one of the reasons retros are so popular. The retros still use leather while everything new is this hyperfuse garbage.

Nah fam, they are running pleather and possibly vinyl instead of full grain leather on the retros. The aforementioned are synthetics like hyperfuse and flywire.

Nah fam, they are running pleather and possibly vinyl instead of full grain leather on the retros. The aforementioned are synthetics like hyperfuse and flywire.

It's pleather or synthetic leather on some of them right? Don't they still use real leather on the Jordan 1's and 3's?

even when nike raises prices, lowers quality and controls supply, people still come out in droves to buy them. in the end, they only care about their bottom line and nothing will change anytime soon.

It's pleather or synthetic leather on some of them right? Don't they still use real leather on the Jordan 1's and 3's?

Bro, they churn out an AJ1 almost daily so it from a business point of view they are going to run the the cheapest (and worst) materials on them. Compare the AF1 White/White or Black/Black Low to the AJ1s and you'll see that they are the same. With some of the 'leather' based IIIs they are using some sort of vinyl - it has cracking on it that gives it a 'tumbled' look but when you press it, it feels firm and unnatural.

man they wont wake up until we stop buying their kicks, plain and simple. Unless we put a hole in their pockets they wont give a car in the world about us:smh:

Back
Top Bottom