With Lebron being demoted to Prince...who's ready to take that crown as the top dog for the future?

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
Yeah...some of you definitely are mad.

I mean...is he the best player in the league as far as talent goes? Sure. But his rep just took a major hit...whether you like it or not. His legacy just took an entirely different path.

However you want to slice it...he left his own empire...to join another player's. 20 years from now...it will still be said that Lebron left Cleveland to join Wade county. Might be a tough pill for some of you to swallow...but he can't claim crown holder status with that taking place.

The funny thing is
laugh.gif
I'm not even saying it like's a bad thing. This is a great move for basketball. A star player sacrificing to win. Great storyline...

But like someone (i think it was allen) said the night of the announcement...

This...

moz-screenshot.png
http://www.inewscatcher.c...d941b23c6b1ad43fbb71.jpg src="http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/94f6fa51f4dbd941b23c6b1ad43fbb71.jpg">

Is no more. Don't understand how some of you don't understand this. It's bigger than points, wins, and losses when you start talking about legacies. Every little variable has to be considered.
- He's the best stat-wise.
- He's overshadowed the world cup at least once this summer.
- He's coming off of an MVP season with a new team.

His name is Lebron James. And the NBA is still his league.

And last time I checked the team he's going to is called the Miami Heat not Wade's wagon.
grin.gif

NO.

in USA probably yes, but the world didnt give a F$&% where he went
laugh.gif

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:

And last time I checked the team he's going to is called the Miami Heat not Wade's wagon.
grin.gif

the only reason lebron put up those type of stats is because from day 1 the cavs just gave him the ball and said go.. lebron had the ball 90% of the time for cleveland and he would just line up at the top of the key and everybody would clear out and he would barrel to the hole and try to finish or dish it out to a teammate for a three so nearly every offensive possession lebron had a chance to either score or get an assist and his lack of a solid perimeter game is one reason he couldnt win a ring.. san antonio exposed that in the 2007 finals.. now that lebron is in miami i doubt we so many 30 9 and 9 nights from him anymore. and i find it absurd that people say lebron is better than kobe.. its true lebron is bigger, stronger and a better athlete than kobe but pure skill and talent.. no way.. kobe can score from anywhere on the court and lebron is only highly effective when he penetrates and that apparently doesnt work for him in the playoffs.. and even if lebron wins 6 or 7 championships i dont think he would ever be considered the greatest player ever because of his decision to go to miami

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:

grin.gif

the only reason lebron put up those type of stats is because from day 1 the cavs just gave him the ball and said go.. lebron had the ball 90% of the time for cleveland and he would just line up at the top of the key and everybody would clear out and he would barrel to the hole and try to finish or dish it out to a teammate for a three so nearly every offensive possession lebron had a chance to either score or get an assist and his lack of a solid perimeter game is one reason he couldnt win a ring.. san antonio exposed that in the 2007 finals.. now that lebron is in miami i doubt we so many 30 9 and 9 nights from him anymore. and i find it absurd that people say lebron is better than kobe.. its true lebron is bigger, stronger and a better athlete than kobe but pure skill and talent.. no way.. kobe can score from anywhere on the court and lebron is only highly effective when he penetrates and that apparently doesnt work for him in the playoffs.. and even if lebron wins 6 or 7 championships i dont think he would ever be considered the greatest player ever because of his decision to go to miami

When he came in the league ppl kept talking about LeBron's physique and the whole man child label. I'm hoping someone comes to the game the next 2-4 years with same body type but his game is completely polished as if he was born NBA ready.

Until then LeBron still got it. He may be a sidekick and prince but as of now he's still the face of the NBA..

When he came in the league ppl kept talking about LeBron's physique and the whole man child label. I'm hoping someone comes to the game the next 2-4 years with same body type but his game is completely polished as if he was born NBA ready.

Until then LeBron still got it. He may be a sidekick and prince but as of now he's still the face of the NBA..

Dude self appointed himself as "King" with no stats yet when he came in the L. Fan fare, media hype and Nike advertising dollars, and Slam sucking him HARD. Melo actually took his team to the POs. Dude's time in Cleveland was stellar when you consider the roster he's had, though.

It's gonna be Durant's league. I've heard that Riley sold him on being a 6'8 PG. Besides, Wade knows how to be a killer in the clutch. No matter what/until he wins a chip, Bron will forever have Game 5 haunting him. People totally disregard that he took his team to the Finals since that's happened.

Dude self appointed himself as "King" with no stats yet when he came in the L. Fan fare, media hype and Nike advertising dollars, and Slam sucking him HARD. Melo actually took his team to the POs. Dude's time in Cleveland was stellar when you consider the roster he's had, though.

It's gonna be Durant's league. I've heard that Riley sold him on being a 6'8 PG. Besides, Wade knows how to be a killer in the clutch. No matter what/until he wins a chip, Bron will forever have Game 5 haunting him. People totally disregard that he took his team to the Finals since that's happened.

Are y'all serious in here right now????

30bpz76.jpg

With his skills and now surrounding talent, son just soared to the top of the list.

Plus....

Spoiler [+]

No matter how many this threet goes on to win...

293zh8m.jpg

D-wade will always have one more
pimp.gif

Are y'all serious in here right now????

30bpz76.jpg

With his skills and now surrounding talent, son just soared to the top of the list.

Plus....

Spoiler [+]

No matter how many this threet goes on to win...

293zh8m.jpg

D-wade will always have one more
pimp.gif

*sigh*

This is probably a huge waste of time, but I'm bored, so I guess I'll take the bait. N1rb's post was too much for me to take...

the only reason lebron put up those type of stats is because from day 1 the cavs just gave him the ball and said go..
15whwnm.jpg

Lebron barely uses more possessions than Kobe does.

lebron had the ball 90% of the time for cleveland and he would just line up at the top of the key and everybody would clear out and he would barrel to the hole and try to finish or dish it out to a teammate for a three so nearly every offensive possession lebron had a chance to either score or get an assist
You're making up numbers because the actual numbers don't support what you're saying.

and his lack of a solid perimeter game is one reason he couldnt win a ring.. san antonio exposed that in the 2007 finals
That's great and all, but we're in the year 2010 now. Lebron has improved in leaps and bounds since 2007.

now that lebron is in miami i doubt we so many 30 9 and 9 nights from him anymore.
You sure about that?

and i find it absurd that people say lebron is better than kobe
Interesting, I feel the same way about people who say the opposite.

its true lebron is bigger, stronger and a better athlete than kobe but pure skill and talent.. no way..
So Lebron is bigger, stronger, and more athletic, while Kobe is more skilled. We all know this; it's not like we're breaking any new ground here.

kobe can score from anywhere on the court and lebron is only highly effective when he penetrates

Then explain why Lebron shoots a higher percentage on threes.

and that apparently doesnt work for him in the playoffs

In '09 he averaged 35, 9, and 7 on 51% shooting in the playoffs. In '10 his averages dropped to a miserable 29, 9, and 7 on 50% shooting. I'd say he's doing something right in the playoffs, his teammates on the other hand... yeah, not so much. Must be nice to play with Pau Gasol. Must be nice to have the luxury of shooting 6 for 24 in a playoff game and still winning.

and even if lebron wins 6 or 7 championships i dont think he would ever be considered the greatest player ever because of his decision to go to miami

Maybe he'll end up as the greatest player ever, maybe he won't, but to say it's 100% impossible just because of his decision to go to Miami is ridiculous.

*sigh*

This is probably a huge waste of time, but I'm bored, so I guess I'll take the bait. N1rb's post was too much for me to take...

the only reason lebron put up those type of stats is because from day 1 the cavs just gave him the ball and said go..
15whwnm.jpg

Lebron barely uses more possessions than Kobe does.

lebron had the ball 90% of the time for cleveland and he would just line up at the top of the key and everybody would clear out and he would barrel to the hole and try to finish or dish it out to a teammate for a three so nearly every offensive possession lebron had a chance to either score or get an assist
You're making up numbers because the actual numbers don't support what you're saying.

and his lack of a solid perimeter game is one reason he couldnt win a ring.. san antonio exposed that in the 2007 finals
That's great and all, but we're in the year 2010 now. Lebron has improved in leaps and bounds since 2007.

now that lebron is in miami i doubt we so many 30 9 and 9 nights from him anymore.
You sure about that?

and i find it absurd that people say lebron is better than kobe
Interesting, I feel the same way about people who say the opposite.

its true lebron is bigger, stronger and a better athlete than kobe but pure skill and talent.. no way..
So Lebron is bigger, stronger, and more athletic, while Kobe is more skilled. We all know this; it's not like we're breaking any new ground here.

kobe can score from anywhere on the court and lebron is only highly effective when he penetrates

Then explain why Lebron shoots a higher percentage on threes.

and that apparently doesnt work for him in the playoffs

In '09 he averaged 35, 9, and 7 on 51% shooting in the playoffs. In '10 his averages dropped to a miserable 29, 9, and 7 on 50% shooting. I'd say he's doing something right in the playoffs, his teammates on the other hand... yeah, not so much. Must be nice to play with Pau Gasol. Must be nice to have the luxury of shooting 6 for 24 in a playoff game and still winning.

and even if lebron wins 6 or 7 championships i dont think he would ever be considered the greatest player ever because of his decision to go to miami

Maybe he'll end up as the greatest player ever, maybe he won't, but to say it's 100% impossible just because of his decision to go to Miami is ridiculous.

I dont get how changing jerseys disregards everything you've done from this point...

Durant is not the face of the NBA... and will not be as long as there is Kobe and Lebron.

NTs love for KD is up there with hakeem olajuwon and kanye's outfits.

I dont get how changing jerseys disregards everything you've done from this point...

Durant is not the face of the NBA... and will not be as long as there is Kobe and Lebron.

NTs love for KD is up there with hakeem olajuwon and kanye's outfits.

JD, stats dont prove anything.

I'm tired of when an argument comes up, all people use are stats to back themselves up.

What matters is their on court presence, stats cant represent that.

I'm tired of when an argument comes up, all people use are stats to back themselves up.

Originally Posted by BangDak

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bryant Fades, Suns Rout Lakers in Game 7

Tell me how my !!+ tastes!!

btw I thought Kobe was the best player in the L that year...

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you know JD im not even a kobe bryant fan but i just call it like i see it.. you say lebron has improved in leaps in bounds since 2007 yet he has never made further than he did in 2007.. and it kills me when people compare kobe and lebrons stats.. just because lebron has better numbers doesnt mean he is the better player.. if stats meant everything then that would mean either oscar robertson or wilt chamberlain would be the greatest player ever instead of michael jordan.. lebron apparently doesnt believe in his ability to lead a team because if he did he would have went to chicago where it was all laid out for him.. chicago had a good team ready to compete and it would have been lebrons team hands down.. instead he chose to go to miami and play alongside not one but two other future hall of famers and people still feel like its gonna be wades team.. so im pretty sure lebrons legacy is gonna take a few hits because of his decision

you know JD im not even a kobe bryant fan but i just call it like i see it.. you say lebron has improved in leaps in bounds since 2007 yet he has never made further than he did in 2007.. and it kills me when people compare kobe and lebrons stats.. just because lebron has better numbers doesnt mean he is the better player.. if stats meant everything then that would mean either oscar robertson or wilt chamberlain would be the greatest player ever instead of michael jordan.. lebron apparently doesnt believe in his ability to lead a team because if he did he would have went to chicago where it was all laid out for him.. chicago had a good team ready to compete and it would have been lebrons team hands down.. instead he chose to go to miami and play alongside not one but two other future hall of famers and people still feel like its gonna be wades team.. so im pretty sure lebrons legacy is gonna take a few hits because of his decision

Originally Posted by n1rb

you know JD im not even a kobe bryant fan but i just call it like i see it..you say lebron has improved in leaps in bounds since 2007 yet he has never made further than he did in 2007.. and it kills me when people compare kobe and lebrons stats.. just because lebron has better numbers doesnt mean he is the better player.. if stats meant everything then that would mean either oscar robertson or wilt chamberlain would be the greatest player ever instead of michael jordan.. lebron apparently doesnt believe in his ability to lead a team because if he did he would have went to chicago where it was all laid out for him.. chicago had a good team ready to compete and it would have been lebrons team hands down.. instead he chose to go to miami and play alongside not one but two other future hall of famers and people still feel like its gonna be wades team.. so im pretty sure lebrons legacy is gonna take a few hits because of his decision

You're calling it like you want.

Look at pace and possession numbers from 1961-1962. Stats were wack that whole season.

Plus we aren't talking about careers, fool.

I agree his legacy is tarnished... doesn't change the fact that he is the best player in the L. He will never be what he could have become...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by n1rb

you know JD im not even a kobe bryant fan but i just call it like i see it..you say lebron has improved in leaps in bounds since 2007 yet he has never made further than he did in 2007.. and it kills me when people compare kobe and lebrons stats.. just because lebron has better numbers doesnt mean he is the better player.. if stats meant everything then that would mean either oscar robertson or wilt chamberlain would be the greatest player ever instead of michael jordan.. lebron apparently doesnt believe in his ability to lead a team because if he did he would have went to chicago where it was all laid out for him.. chicago had a good team ready to compete and it would have been lebrons team hands down.. instead he chose to go to miami and play alongside not one but two other future hall of famers and people still feel like its gonna be wades team.. so im pretty sure lebrons legacy is gonna take a few hits because of his decision

You're calling it like you want.

Look at pace and possession numbers from 1961-1962. Stats were wack that whole season.

Plus we aren't talking about careers, fool.

I agree his legacy is tarnished... doesn't change the fact that he is the best player in the L. He will never be what he could have become...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Are you also gonna ignore how Lebron "fades" in this years boston series?

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not ignoring it. It happened. He still averaged 29,9,7.

I guarantee you thought Kobe was the best player that year. I'm just saying it didn't change anything. Kobe was still the best that year. LeBron is still the best player in this L.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not ignoring it. It happened. He still averaged 29,9,7.

I guarantee you thought Kobe was the best player that year. I'm just saying it didn't change anything. Kobe was still the best that year. LeBron is still the best player in this L.

Back
Top Bottom