Working at Footlocker and hooking your friends up

stay in school so you dont have to work at footlocker the rest of your life.

you dont want to be like some of these old dudes living in poverty with fresh sneaks..

Just let them know you can't do it

No need to stress yourself out about it or feel you should be hooking people up with stuff

It's a new job so don't act like your the plug or connect :lol:

Last edited:
I work part-time manager at FNL.
Since you're new, you'll most likely not be able to get even one pair of new release launch product for yourself unless there's a huge quantity so forget about hooking people up. Make as many sales as you can and sell a lot of accessories. Be number one in the weekly ranking stuff every week. Basically show the manager that you're a hard worker and contribute a lot to the daily sales goals, otherwise your hours will be cut or you'll just not even be on the schedule. They'll like you more and let you buy whatever release you want. The pay for sales associates is really crappy, but put up the best sales numbers daily and you can get promoted quickly to assistant manager. I got promoted within eight months. The pay will be double sometimes triple of a sales associate, still definitely not a career you want to have but it's a nice little part-time job if you're still in college like myself. This job is super easy and there's no need to stress out about getting the latest releases, plus 30% off saves a decent amount of money over time

Lol dont listen to this guy. it is monitored but not to that extent. So limit yourself to maybe 5-10 discount per month. And dont hook people up, use it as a money making machine. Also go ham on your sales try to rack in enough sales to be leading in sales in your district that way you know you ranking in the big commission bucks

Don't listen to the second guy, I've seen the reports. It's true, that & along with how many Credit/Debit cards used. I've seen the report at an LP meeting as a Manager.
You also have a limit per month/per week.
It's not like you have un-limited discount.

Managers will find it fishy that youre making $7+ an hour and buying multiple kicks with your discount when youre pay doesnt allow you to.

1 footlocker by my house never releases any J's that are supposed to be heat in adult sizes. People working there told me straight up, "they get first pick and they gotta hook there homies up first." I believe it, perk of the job, I'd be doing the same thing if I worked there.

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm confident I'm getting the job at footlocker but now that i got friends and fam knowing I'm getting the job at footlocker, they expect me to hook them up. I want to, but idk how that process even works. Help me out!

ac394d52_kobewat2.gif

I wouldn't be giving out discounts like you own the place :lol:

that's how ppl lose their jobs, especially since you r new, they'll be watching you closely even if it doesn't appear so

Managers will find it fishy that youre making $7+ an hour and buying multiple kicks with your discount when youre pay doesnt allow you to.

That's the problem with this company , how footlocker know how much you have in your bank account? What if I have a savings? :smh:

Currently work for one of the branches of Footlocker. Going on 2 yrs in April.
I can tell you from experience, if you're a newbie part time associate and your store doesn't get too many pairs of the hot shoes ( >24) you won't have much of a chance of grabbing any or even any with your discount for that matter. If your manager is cool, he/she will probly hold a pair for you if all the discounts are going to be used. Luckily for me, the store I'm in is getting remodeled at the moment, meaning when it opens there's going to be restocks and better releases in the future so I'm amped for that, personally.

As for the 50, I always help out my fam and friends. You get a nice limit so I look at it like why let it go to waste? Hope this helps OP

If I worked there I personally wouldnt give anyone a discount

I worked at finishline for like a year and a half. Only regret is not making more profit on my discount.

Back in the day we use to get 50% everymonth in like 2-3 days sale for employees. but now yall just get it every blue moon. Also dont hook nobody up if you do make sure if the shoe is like 180 you get 30% discount so only tell them a price of 15% discount to make profit. 
Miss those days. Got 3 packs of raging bull, 4 packs of the 7s, tons of Lebrons for 50 off cause they did seems to have one every month.

Real talk I had the super connect in Oakland. Never gave her a penny over retail. She did me on the DMP's and her operation was over with! She thought her life was worth more than $5hunna.

Guys at my local FTL and FTA would give heavy discounts if you were paying with cash. Of course they were pocketing it, but I didn't care.

Your friends and family expect to get plugged as soon as you get hired? Cut them leeches from your circle.

Back
Top Bottom