[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

In other news: Roger Mason is out of the picture. He just signed a 1 yr deal with the Knicks.

Glad Shannon is back. That most likely puts the final touches on our offseason. I didn't think we could, but we got better.

Originally Posted by NIMO007

In other news: Roger Mason is out of the picture. He just signed a 1 yr deal with the Knicks.

Now that's shannons back, I'm sure every other player is "out of the picture" as far as FA goes......we have 12 spots filled, and 2 open for the rookies

Any other players we bring in from here on out will be just camp invitees

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Now that's shannons back, I'm sure every other player is "out of the picture" as far as FA goes......we have 12 spots filled, and 2 open for the rookies

Any other players we bring in from here on out will be just camp invitees

wow, our bench is AMAZING

odom
barnes
blake
shannon
ratliff
sasha
luke - probably injured
caracter
ebanks

I just realized Ratliff and Shaq both signed for the minimum. We could have gotten Shaq and had him retire a Laker. Oh well...

And Portland is going to want more for Rudy than Sasha and a first rounder. Plus, other players would have to be involved because the salaries don't match up.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Shaq wasn't ever going to return...

Agree.   Both parties have moved on already. 

Actually Shaq would probably pay the team to let him come back, but Kobe and Dr.Buss aint having that

Just a thought.. i know they are in the same division, but I figure since other teams aren't budging then why not POR take an expiring contract and our 1st rounder. don't know how much more value they can expect.

anyways i'm expecting sasha will have a standout contract year, that or his expiring contract will have great trade value if needed around the all star break.

pimp.gif
Glad to see Shannon's back.  This season will be fun.

i wonder how much we're going to give ebanks and character, the minimum minimum? as in like 490K or whatever that is?
laugh.gif

Hey...a contract is a contract tho, 490k is still better than 10 years income from NBDL.
pimp.gif

i like the moves this offseason... hopefully there will be a epic finals battle against the heat this upcoming season ( lakers winning of course!)

Obama shoots hoops with NBA greats
Email Print Link
Posted August 8, 2010 3:50 PM
obamahoops2.jpg

President Obama jokes with Chicago Bulls players Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose.
The Swamp

by Mike Memoli

Talk about a "Dream Team."

President Obama shot hoops Sunday with some NBA superstars, a combination late birthday present and a showcase for some wounded warriors and participants in the White House mentoring project.

The guest list included some of pro basketball's greatest players, both past and present: LeBron James, Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, to name a few. One woman, Maya Moore of the UConn Huskies, was on the list released to the press today as well.

According to pool reporter, no press was allowed in to see the game, so we can't be sure whether the pros took it easy on their commander in chief. But a White House photographer was likely on hand for the game, which took place at Fort McNair.

Obama, who marked his 49th birthday in Chicago on Wednesday at a dinner that included Oprah Winfrey, was set for yet another celebration today at the White House -- a barbecue with family, friends and staff.

The full guest list is after the jump.

(Photo Credit: White House / Peter Souza)

*Carmelo Anthony
*Shane Battier
*Chauncey Billups
*Kobe Bryant (not playing)
*Derek Fisher
*Grant Hill
*LeBron James
*Earvin "Magic" Johnson
*Maya Moore
*Alonzo Mourning
*Chris Paul
*Derrick Rose
*Bill Russell
*Etan Thomas
*Dwyane Wade
*David West
*Joakim Noah
*Pau Gasol

how did Etan Thomas get in there?
laugh.gif

I know I'm in the minority, but I wish Shaq could come back. He burned bridges, but no matter how poorly behaved he is/was, he won us a dynasty. We are the team that defines his career, and it's only right that players of his magnitude are able to come home one last time.

That being said, I'm still very much pleased with Ratliff.

Yahhh I am glad that we got Ratliff instead of shaq.

He will always be a laker though. Shaq is that dude.

And licensedtoball you good in my books but that charger stuff gotta go
laugh.gif

Real folk knows what I mean
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I just realized Ratliff and Shaq both signed for the minimum. We could have gotten Shaq and had him retire a Laker. Oh well...
this

but yes unfortunately just like realfolk said...he burned bridges 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

happy bday my fellow august brethen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i hope you never retire despite what these fish haters say
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's your day?   I'm an August born myself.  The 12th.

HBD Fish.   

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
HBD Fish!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's your day?   I'm an August born myself.  The 12th.

HBD Fish.   

happy bday on thursday my friend

my bday is 3 days after kobes and 3 days before michael jackson
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom