[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by DTruth07

they didn't have the parade at the coliseum probably bc they're setting up for EDC this weekend

That explains it. 

I thought because Lakers were being too cheap.  
laugh.gif
I believe they didn't have the parade end at the Coliseum like last year because of all the negative press the city got last year throwing parties like that while being in a severe deficit.  Also this year was exclusively funded by the Los Angeles Lakers while last year, donations were made by large companies such as AIG.  As always, someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

I forget what thread it was but months ago I mentioned that we should atleast look into Agent Zero, eff Bosh.. if we can handle Artests behavior then i definitely think we can keep Gilbert on lock.

I think the PG position is more of a need than trading a quality one that we already have for another one.

If yall had to choose one, who would you keep Shannon or Farmar?
I don't think Farmar even wants to stay as a Laker anymore. He wants to be in a team where he can be a starting point guard.
tongue.gif
Shannon can bring that explosiveness off the bench at times when the Lakers are down and to also get the crowd into it. Farmar did show a lot of promise during a few games in the finals though. Overall, I would rather just have Shannon>>Farmar.

Anyone know if Sports Illustrated is making a commemorative issue for the repeat?

u guys laugh at farmar being a starter but as i mentioned before he puts up kirk hinrich type numbers and hinrich was a starter at pg for chicago before rose came right?

this thread is sad

i wish yall would open your eyes to see how many times since 2000 you was giving a cheap title

from 2000 vs the blazers, the kings , to now.

the only man i respect is shaq, i love how the fake jordan said he had 1 more than shaq.

laugh.gif
damn its been 4 days and yet people are STILL MAD
laugh.gif
..................the best thing for you to do in this situation is to get over it

laugh.gif
damn its been 4 days and yet people are STILL MAD
laugh.gif
..................the best thing for you to do in this situation is to get over it

Originally Posted by NobleKane

u guys laugh at farmar being a starter but as i mentioned before he puts up kirk hinrich type numbers and hinrich was a starter at pg for chicago before rose came right?
Hinrich was putting up 16 and 6, which is probably a lot better than what Farmar would do starting. I'd see Farmar averaging 12 and 4 MAX.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

this thread is sad

i wish yall would open your eyes to see how many times since 2000 you was giving a cheap title

the only man i respect is shaq, i love how the fake jordan said he had 1 more than shaq.

your my dude but that argument is so flawed it's not even funny.

how is 2000 a cheap title.  if you wanna throw free throws out there in 2000, remember the blazers were doing hack a shaq a good chunk of that series and shaq shot 20 plus freethrows in 1 quarter in a game during that series strictly off of hack a shaq.

any team that blows a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game 7 with less then 10 minutes left doesn't deserve to be champs, it's simple as that. Portland was a fraud team plain and simple, they imploded and got swept by those same dastardly Lakers the next 2 seasons.

2001  15-1 enough said,  a few bad plays in overtime in game 1 against philly from going 16-0

2002  Aside from Sacramento they dominated the playoffs, sweeping portland, beating the spurs in 5, and sweeping the nets. If you wanna throw the refs out there then call it both ways and bring up how the Lakers were screwed and cheated out of winning game 5 of that series in Sac and going back to LA with a 3-2 lead to close the series out. It's not the Lakers fault the entire Sacramento Kings team decided to stink up the joint and miss a ton of free throws and air ball clutch 3 point attempts in the biggest game of their carrers at home in game 7 of the conference finals.  But hey I guess the refs won that series.

2009, The Lakers won the title convincingly so no one can say nothing about that. The only argument they had was that they didn't beat Boston. Well that argument is gone.

2010, The refs were equally crappy on both sides in games 1-3,  the Celtics lost games 6 and 7 to a better team who stepped up and played strong solid defense in that final quarter. Blame the refs but from what I recall, the Lakers were driving to the basket alot that quarter and those calls were legit. Also its the final game of the series, there's no reason for the refs to try and help one team win that game. And be real had the Lakers lost a 13 point lead in game 7 of the finals, you would be laughing and calling the Lakers chokers and you would disregard the other team shooting more free throws if they did.

I don't know who a fake Jordan is, but I know that guy named Kobe Bryant hit a game winner against Indiana in the finals in 2000 on a sprained ankle, hit a game winner against Phoenix in the 2nd round that year, put up dominating numbers in 2001 in the playoffs scoring 40+ against the kings and spurs, i know he increased his scoring average in the Finals in 2001 and 2002, and has led his team to 2 more titles post Shaq.

Lastly to shut any other haters up. Doc Rivers said no one has beaten the Celtics starting lineup from 2008 in a series still.  Well newsflash no one has beaten this Lakers starting lineup in a series yet either.

this thread is sad

obviously,
kobe_tee_front-634x634.jpg

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this thread is sad

your my dude but that argument is so flawed it's not even funny.

how is 2000 a cheap title.  if you wanna throw free throws out there in 2000, remember the blazers were doing hack a shaq a good chunk of that series and shaq shot 20 plus freethrows in 1 quarter in a game during that series strictly off of hack a shaq.

any team that blows a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game 7 with less then 10 minutes left doesn't deserve to be champs, it's simple as that. Portland was a fraud team plain and simple, they imploded and got swept by those same dastardly Lakers the next 2 seasons.

2001  15-1 enough said,  a few bad plays in overtime in game 1 against philly from going 16-0

2002  Aside from Sacramento they dominated the playoffs, sweeping portland, beating the spurs in 5, and sweeping the nets. If you wanna throw the refs out there then call it both ways and bring up how the Lakers were screwed and cheated out of winning game 5 of that series in Sac and going back to LA with a 3-2 lead to close the series out. It's not the Lakers fault the entire Sacramento Kings team decided to stink up the joint and miss a ton of free throws and air ball clutch 3 point attempts in the biggest game of their carrers at home in game 7 of the conference finals.  But hey I guess the refs won that series.

2009, The Lakers won the title convincingly so no one can say nothing about that. The only argument they had was that they didn't beat Boston. Well that argument is gone.

2010, The refs were equally crappy on both sides in games 1-3,  the Celtics lost games 6 and 7 to a better team who stepped up and played strong solid defense in that final quarter. Blame the refs but from what I recall, the Lakers were driving to the basket alot that quarter and those calls were legit. Also its the final game of the series, there's no reason for the refs to try and help one team win that game. And be real had the Lakers lost a 13 point lead in game 7 of the finals, you would be laughing and calling the Lakers chokers and you would disregard the other team shooting more free throws if they did.

I don't know who a fake Jordan is, but I know that guy named Kobe Bryant hit a game winner against Indiana in the finals in 2000 on a sprained ankle, hit a game winner against Phoenix in the 2nd round that year, put up dominating numbers in 2001 in the playoffs scoring 40+ against the kings and spurs, i know he increased his scoring average in the Finals in 2001 and 2002, and has led his team to 2 more titles post Shaq.

Lastly to shut any other haters up. Doc Rivers said no one has beaten the Celtics starting lineup from 2008 in a series still.  Well newsflash no one has beaten this Lakers starting lineup in a series yet either.

cedric^ y did you even make an effort? lol bitter haters will read that and it still wont make sense to them... hahaha... its pointless bro... haters dont like getting served. 

Blah Blah Blah

You know what, this is one of the reasons why your team lost. I had to post this somewhere and you reminded me to do it. Look at these dudes getting excited before the REAL prize. Now, look at us. We don't celebrate that trash around here.You guys let your guard down in game 1 and got punked. It was a direct result of this attitude. Had your team been focused they might have ended it in Boston. But the bottom line is you weren't. Keep smilin' about your gimp Eastern Conference Championship, see you next year.

VS.

These fools celebrating and *%#% over a ECF championship LOL ..KG knew what was comin tho he had the same game face on as the whole Lakers team..

does anyone know any celtics message boards? I can't see to find any

I found real cavs fans last year

good times
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Hinrich was putting up 16 and 6, which is probably a lot better than what Farmar would do starting. I'd see Farmar averaging 12 and 4 MAX.

if you compare production by minutes they are almost identical....

and i think river bear needs to go find the nearest river and DROWN. this is the lakers offseason thread not the cry baby thread...

That Boston Massacre shirt is nice.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

As far as the PG situation I was really hoping last year the Lakers coulda drafted Ty Lawson. They need to find somebody cause Fisher(as much as I respect him) he's old as hell.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

if you compare production by minutes they are almost identical....

and i think river bear needs to go find the nearest river and DROWN. this is the lakers offseason thread not the cry baby thread...
Two things:

1) Its not about stats.  Sure Farmar can average tons of points if he starts for a team like Memphis or New Jersey.  But we're talking about a championship caliber team.  Also, Hinrich plays excellent D, is very tough and has shown to be very productive come playoff time.

2) Yes, Riverbear needs to drown himself.  But in all seriousness, I read a post like that and it just goes through one ear and comes out the other.  All that comes to my mind is, CINCO.

i didnt see anything wrong with what the celtics were doing...they were just in front of their crowd

that black mamba shirt was
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom