[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

In other news 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Vanessa Bryant ‘Hates’ Khloe Kardashian?[/h2]Hooped Up| June 23, 2010

They say that winning cures everything on a sports team, but maybe that only extends as far as the players and not their wives because according to In Touch Weekly. Vanessa Bryant and Khloe Kardashian — no likey each other.

Khloe Kardashian is feeling unloved–not because of her husband, Lamar Odom, but because of one of his Lakers teammates’ wives. According to an insider, Kobe Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, “hates

Hell no to Steve Blake, I was at a ton of Clipper home games this past season & Blake isn't an upgrade to out current PG situation.  

No To Raja Bell, the man is coming off an injury, sat out a majority of last season & will be 34 in September.

No to Brad Miller/ Matt Bonner or any other center that are soft & don't play tough D.

Hell freaking no to Shaq!

I'd like the Lakers to check out Shawn Livingston, extend him a summer league/ camp invite. 

Drew Gooden should get a look, Louis Amundson would be an awesome addition to our 2nd unit. JJ Reddick is restricted but Matt Barnes isn't although he's looking to get a long term deal. Mike Miller would be a coup.

I'm indifferent about McGrady, if we can get him for cheap then I say we give him a look. I haven't seen Randy Foye mentioned, he's still young & with John Wall going to DC, he can probably be had for cheap, the Lakers have done well with reclamation projects & I can see randy thriving in LA.

Hopefully Mitch can pull off some trades & get Luke & Sacha shipped out...
glasses.gif

You gotta be kiddin me. We won the freakin' NBA championship and these women still gotta find somethin to beef over? 
roll.gif

Get a handle on your wives Kobe and Lamar we dont need any distractions from this 3-peat pursuit 
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Well, I'm assuming the feud with these women have gone on all season long, and the team stayed focused, so it looks like a non-issue in the locker room, thank God.

If this would have come out during the Finals or prior, man oh man.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Hell no to Steve Blake, I was at a ton of Clipper home games this past season & Blake isn't an upgrade to out current PG situation.  

No To Raja Bell, the man is coming off an injury, sat out a majority of last season & will be 34 in September.

No to Brad Miller/ Matt Bonner or any other center that are soft & don't play tough D.

I'd like the Lakers to check out Shawn Livingston, extend him a summer league/ camp invite. 

Drew Gooden should get a look, Louis Amundson would be an awesome addition to our 2nd unit. JJ Reddick is restricted but Matt Barnes isn't although he's looking to get a long term deal. Mike Miller would be a coup.

I'm indifferent about McGrady, if we can get him for cheap then I say we give him a look. I haven't seen Randy Foye mentioned, he's still young & with John Wall going to DC, he can probably be had for cheap, the Lakers have done well with reclamation projects & I can see randy thriving in LA.

glasses.gif
Louis Amundson??... MITCH! do work! 
laugh.gif
 ..seriously, i think we only need a solid back up PG (if Ears leaves) and a hustle/energy type of player (Amundson) to go with our current bench and we're set..

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

this is what needs to be done being realistic about it

Out: Farmar, Mbenga, Morrison, Powell,
In: T-mac and/or Mike Miller, Brad Miller

Reason for Tmac comign over, he would be able to make our bench top notch... he would start anywhere in the league, but coming off the bench he would be that scoring threat we lack, also people forget Tmac is a good rebounder and passer, and not a "terrible" defender. he would be perfect IMO for the bench, and if he is willing to take less than the MLE, its low risk high reward.

Mike Miller, also perfect fit, great 3 point shooter, can handle the ball, and play decent defense, he would knock down alot of those open shots that Ron, Farmar, and Shannon miss... plus Sasha and Mike miller together would be lethal for 3 point shooting.

Brad Miller because he is a vet, he is a good rebounder, and a decent mid range shooter.... also his passing is under rated... i think in a limited role he could produce well.

I really like the T mac idea... people sleeping on Mac, if he is 100% healthy again, he will be a force.... he will never be the 30 ppg scorer he was, but a 15 ppg scorer off the bench would be ideal role for him.

i dont like any of the free agent PG's available.... Watson, Ridnour, Blake, they are not THAT much of an upgrade.... and HELL NO to Raja Bell.... you want to bring in a 33 year old over achiever, over rated defender? dude thrived in the system (phoenix) ala Boris Diaw... and look at Diaw now. and only reason he got the title of "top defender" was because the Suns played the Lakers alot, and he gave Kobe a "struggle" to score 35 points.... No way to Raja Bell.

Tmac or Mike Miller 1st option
I feel you so much on this

t mac /or mike miller and brad miller is all we need .....if phil walks JVG is the best option and would have the lakers playing top notch D

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

glasses.gif
Louis Amundson??... MITCH! do work! 
laugh.gif
 ..seriously, i think we only need a solid back up PG (if Ears leaves) and a hustle/energy type of player (Amundson) to go with our current bench and we're set..

Lakers absolutely need to pick up either Livingston or R.Foye, for Fishs backup/relief. and either B.Miller or K.Thomas for Drew and Pau's backup.

T-Mac would be a no go for me, thats way to many egos on one team. We dnt need any superstars, we need improved Role players.

i would love to see the 2nd unit of:
Livingston or Foye
Shannon
Luke
Odumb
B.Miller or Kurt

As for the coaching situation, i would like to see the Lakers try and pursue Coach K again.
he is coming off a national title, so he might be inclined to try his chances in the bigs

Originally Posted by knightngale

if phil retires I don't want lower tier coaches like shaw, hamblem, or scott

jeff van gundy or bust

Lower tier coach like Scott?  What???  Hes been to the finals two times, aint his fault they played the Lakers and Spurs those years. Hes only had 1 bad season.

JVG hasnt won anything his entire career.  Hes never even been to the finals. Plus hes all about defense, that mentality will never work in LA.  Plus he'll drive Kobe crazy.

i still cant believe you guys are tring to get pgs who are either horrible defenders or garbage shooter

amundson??? seriously?

Is it me or is anyone else noticing some rather new screen names in this thread?

laugh.gif
smh.gif

CP you kiddin yourself in you think Farmar is coming back. Garbage, can't wait till he plays himself out of the league with his attitude.

i would be happy if the lakers could pull JJ Redick away from the magic, he seems to be a solid playmaker and I think he'd flourish in the triangle offense...

and being that the triangle isn't based off "traditional" point guard play... i think he'd be a good fit, and a def upgrade over farmar

How come the "cookies" shirt is down from the Laker website? Anyone have a link to it?

And I went to school with Vanessa and she was very quiet and low key, crazy to think she would publicly ostracize Khloe like that.

anyone notice how after game 7..no Celtics player congratulated any Lakers players? I remember in 08' the Lakers still had the audacity to congratulate them after game 6.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bigballa8716

i would be happy if the lakers could pull JJ Redick away from the magic, he seems to be a solid playmaker and I think he'd flourish in the triangle offense...

and being that the triangle isn't based off "traditional" point guard play... i think he'd be a good fit, and a def upgrade over farmar

Agreed, didn't think I'd ever say it but JJ Redick is a solid NBA player.

Farmar's more than gone, he's been reiterating it during the post-season and during his exit interview. I don't see us matching any offer for him.

I'm not sure how big he is in the draft boards, what do you think about drafting Jon Scheyer from Duke? Good shooter in college that's a 6'4-6'5 combo guard.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Is it me or is anyone else noticing some rather new screen names in this thread?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
this.

farmar is gone...he doesnt fit our system

mrs. bryant vs mrs. odom

mrdieselfuel09 wrote:
anyone notice how after game 7..no Celtics player congratulated any Lakers players? I remember in 08' the Lakers still had the audacity to congratulate them after game 6.
tired.gif

I did notice that but I kinda expected that. I really did. Dah well. We got the ring and that's all that matters.

This Phil thing is killing me. I actually believe he is gone. He has the most chips and I don't think anybody is going to take that from him. He can ride out on top. Next year is going to be tougher then ever to get another championship and I think he knows that. I hope he comes back but I understand if he doesn't. He was supposed to tell us today but I think he is waiting to see what this roster looks like. Next Thursday is when we can "officially" talk to f/a's. I think if fish stays he stays.

Back
Top Bottom