[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Via Hoopshype- Shannon Brown leaning towards Lakers

The Knicks' chances of landing free agent shooting guard Shannon Brown are just about over. Mark Bartelstein, Brown's agent, told The Post the Lakers guard is "leaning'' toward returning to the Lakers to go for a "three-peat.'' Brown is expected to make his final decision Thursday. New York  
im actually surprised he would turn down the Knicks.. especially since he could get a lot more money and playing time over there.. but im glad hes smart enough that winning is way better than joining that sorry franchise.. smarter than ariza thats for sure.

S. Breezy ain't dumb enough to go JayZ town and get assassinated just because he looks like Chris Brown
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Shaq deserves to have his jersey retired. Him comming in 1996 put the Lakers back on the map from being a team that would make the 2nd round at best to being a legit title contender. Besides his role on the 3 peat teams is appreciated by me still.

That being said, it sucks Shaq is ruining his legacy by becoming the modern day Moses Malone by jumping from team to team in the twlight years of his career.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Shaq deserves to have his jersey retired. Him comming in 1996 put the Lakers back on the map from being a team that would make the 2nd round at best to being a legit title contender. Besides his role on the 3 peat teams is appreciated by me still.

That being said, it sucks Shaq is ruining his legacy by becoming the modern day Moses Malone by jumping from team to team in the twlight years of his career.

As much as I hated Karl Malone, I had respect for him for not doing the above mentioned.  Once his tenure with the Lakers was over, and the "awkwardness" with Kobe lingered, he called it quits, instead of jumping onto another team. 

I really wish that didn't go down, maybe Karl would have played another season or 2.  Great player though.

it hurts me to see shaq move from one team to another...role players move from team to team not legends

at this rate hes becoming the next jimmy jackson

Shannon Brown has re-signed. 
pimp.gif

This offseason we lost Farmar, Morrison, MBenga, Powell, and replaced them with Blake, Ratliff, Barnes. 

I'd call that an upgrade. 
laugh.gif

Breezy is back
pimp.gif

We have a really solid squad, it would be a crazy accomplishment to just make it to 4 straight Finals let alone win 3 in a row, but I think we can do it, if we stay relatively healthy (looking at you Drew).

Also I was looking at career points, Bean (25,790) is more than likely going to jump from 12th on the All Time scoring list all the way up to 6th, behind Shaq, by the end of the 2011 season. He only needs to avg. like 25ppg to get to the 2000 pt mark, which would move him in front of Moses Malone (27,409). Do you guys think there's any chance he catches Karl Malone (36,928) or Kareem (38,387); I'm almost positive he'll pass MJ (32,292) before he calls it quits.

Where's the confirmation guys? I don't see it.

Nvm,.....
Shannon Brown is returning to the Lakers.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told FanHouse on Thursday the deal "definitely'' will get done later in the day. The free-agent guard will sign a two-year, $4.6 million contract, with the second year a player option. He will make $2.2 million this season, with the option year worth $2.4 million.

"The lure of the Lakers was too great,'' said Bartelstein, whose client had been looked at strongly by New York. "He didn't want to look back and not have the chance to go for a third straight championship.''

Brown opted out in June of a deal that would have paid him $2.149 million this season. The sides haggled over dollars for several weeks before Brown ending up getting just a slight amount more than what he left behind.

"We'll have the flexibility and will look at it again next summer,'' Bartelstein said.

Brown, who averaged 8.1 points last season, had said all along that he wanted to re-sign with the Lakers.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Breezy is back
pimp.gif

We have a really solid squad, it would be a crazy accomplishment to just make it to 4 straight Finals let alone win 3 in a row, but I think we can do it, if we stay relatively healthy (looking at you Drew).

Also I was looking at career points, Bean (25,790) is more than likely going to jump from 12th on the All Time scoring list all the way up to 6th, behind Shaq, by the end of the 2011 season. He only needs to avg. like 25ppg to get to the 2000 pt mark, which would move him in front of Moses Malone (27,409). Do you guys think there's any chance he catches Karl Malone (36,928) or Kareem (38,387); I'm almost positive he'll pass MJ (32,292) before he calls it quits.

French, twitter dude, twitter.  Trust us. Shannon's a Laker 
wink.gif

Mamba, Kobe will be way up there after 2 more years, but the drop off is coming.  Less games, less minutes, less shots, whatever, so while 2K used to be real easy for him, he may ease down on that in the next 2-3 years.  He may pass MJ, but it won't be by much, and I think he falls short of Malone unless he plays til he's 37-38 with 15ppg like Reggie was doin.  I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled that off, but that is an awful lot of games/minutes for a career. 

So Shannon got $50,000 more dollars than he would originally would have had. Guess it was worth it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So Shannon got $50,000 more dollars than he would originally would have had. Guess it was worth it
laugh.gif
Hey, 50 grand is still 50 grand, almost half of it goes to the state of California.
laugh.gif

[h2]Agent: Shannon Brown, Lakers agree[/h2]

By Ramona Shelburne
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

The Lakers and free agent point guard Shannon Brown have agreed on a two-year contract worth $4.6 million, Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Thursday morning.

"Shannon could have made more money somewhere else, but I think he really wanted to play this out with the Lakers," Bartelstein said. "They've won it [all] two years in a row and the chance to win three straight [championships] doesn't come around every day."

Brown is likely the last piece of the Lakers' offseason puzzle. Though the negotiations took longer than expected, he and the team had expressed a desire to work a deal. Brown strongly considered the New York Knicks and New Orleans Hornets. The Lakers also considered free agent guards such as Raja Bell.

Brown had opted out of the second year of his previous deal with the Lakers, which would've paid him $2.15 million next season. He will again have a player option in the second year of this contract.

"It's time to go get number 3," Brown said via text message when asked about the new deal.

Brown averaged career highs in points (8.1), rebounds (2.2) and assists (1.3) last season. His acrobatic dunks and athleticism have made him one of the team's most popular players. Fans staged a grassroots campaign on the Internet to help him earn a spot in the dunk contest at the All Star Game.

His production and minutes fell off a bit in the playoffs however, as he averaged 4.9 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists.

Now that Brown has signed, The Lakers have 12 players under contract. They have begun negotiations with second-round draft picks Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter, which would bring their roster to 14, one more than the Lakers carried last year.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

chick-hearn-chick.jpg

I can't believe it's been 8 year since Chick passed away.
tired.gif

R.I.P. Chick.

August 5, 2002   
frown.gif

a championship ring ceremony isnt the same without chicky baby
frown.gif

shannon is very loyal...he couldve gone somewhere else and got more playing time, a possible starting position and more money

now i hope Lakers give him a long term deal

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Shannon and his agent
laugh.gif

So, I guess Delonte ain't coming here then.

p. jacksonhalftime x-mas 2010 la vs mia ok guys lbj has 20 points in the 1st 1/2 so to start the 3rd were gonna put delonte on him & i gaurantee he wont get past 27pts...if he does were gonna take delonte out & put him in the stands next to a cutout of gloria

pimp.gif
Welcome back S. Brown

RIP Chick Hearn, I miss those golden days. OG Stu Lantz and Chick Hearn was priceless. Joel Meyers just isnt up to par.
I would have loved to hear Chicks metaphoric commentary every time shannon dunked

Lets get that 3 peat
pimp.gif

I'm really really really likeing this team.

PG- Fish/Blake
SG- Kobe/Shannon/Sasha
SF- Ron/Barnes/Ebanks/Luke
PF- Pau/Lamar/Caracter
C- Drew/Theo

Starting 5:
Fisher
Kobe
Ron Ron
Pau
Drew

6th man:
Lamar

Energy man:
Shannon

Defenders:
Matt Barnes
La Machine

Veterans:
Steve Blake
Theo

Rising Prospects:
Caracter
Ebanks

Fill in Spot:
Luke (as much as I hate Luke, and think he only in the NBA b/c of his dad,him being your fill in player is pretty damn good)

We have everything we need and a well rounded team:

The wins will come our biggest goal is to get Drew a good amount of playing time (25-28 mpg) but at the same time being cautious with his minutes so he doesn't get injured... I think if he gets 1 injury free year (crosses fingers) it will be beneficial to his career.. Showing him how to play without killing his knee

From ESPN Insider:

When previously discussing the trade market for Rudy Fernandez, the Bulls, Knicks and Celtics have been mentioned as suitors.

The Knicks' pursuit of Fernandez is made more difficult because of their inability to deal back a first-round draft pick the next couple of years. (Details on that here.)

A. Sherrod Blakley of Comcast SportsNet New England describes Boston's shot at acquiring Fernandez as "doubtful."

And there's been no reports that the Bulls have advanced to serious talks with the Blazers.

Even though nothing seems imminent with either of these three teams, according to Brian T. Smith of the Columbian, the Blazers are still working the phones for their shooting guard, who's looking for a fresh start.

"Blazers still exploring options for possibly moving Fernandez," he tweeted Wednesday. "A wide variety of deals are being considered, but nothing is pending."

The Blazers are reportedly not going to just dump Fernandez. They want some value back.

So if a deal ever gets done, expect them to get a valuable asset in return, such as a first-round draft pick coupled with a player of worth.

Any chance we move Sasha for Rudy?  They were considering trading a 1st rd pick and Sasha for Delonte, why not Rudy?

Originally Posted by BOLT55

From ESPN Insider:

When previously discussing the trade market for Rudy Fernandez, the Bulls, Knicks and Celtics have been mentioned as suitors.

The Knicks' pursuit of Fernandez is made more difficult because of their inability to deal back a first-round draft pick the next couple of years. (Details on that here.)

A. Sherrod Blakley of Comcast SportsNet New England describes Boston's shot at acquiring Fernandez as "doubtful."

And there's been no reports that the Bulls have advanced to serious talks with the Blazers.

Even though nothing seems imminent with either of these three teams, according to Brian T. Smith of the Columbian, the Blazers are still working the phones for their shooting guard, who's looking for a fresh start.

"Blazers still exploring options for possibly moving Fernandez," he tweeted Wednesday. "A wide variety of deals are being considered, but nothing is pending."

The Blazers are reportedly not going to just dump Fernandez. They want some value back.

So if a deal ever gets done, expect them to get a valuable asset in return, such as a first-round draft pick coupled with a player of worth.

Any chance we move Sasha for Rudy?  They were considering trading a 1st rd pick and Sasha for Delonte, why not Rudy?

I don't think the blazers want to help the lakers (same division)
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom