worst quality jordans ever?

of the stuff i had

OG: the XIV. great performer, but they fall apart in a hurry.

retros: the 99 (or was it 2000?) Jordan V white/blk/red. the sole cracked in one of the flex groove. the 2001 bred XI; right foot and left foot had different toebox shape which creased differently. one looked like the flatter OG shape and the other was more like the recent retros.

Talk about a thread bump lol. I started collecting J's in mid-2011, and the black cement 3s that year were awful. Midsoles started cracking after 2 wears, and by the week's end, giant paint peeling. The leather was also plastic and shiny as hell but I still love that pair.

its crazy i havent bought many Jays within the past 6 years but my aqua 8 were ashy and cracked with a few wears... my blacktoe xiv were good as well as the 05 last shots. but every other. release has felt amazingly cheap...

my favorite release is 01 true blues quality was grade A

Chicago 1s are bad and yes 09 jams were trash
I wouldn't really say that the 09 jams were trash (since I've always wanted a pair), but those things tire out my feet when I wear them for more than a couple hours. Yes they are my size and I was truly happy when I got them, but these are one of the few shoes that I rarely wear anymore due to their uncomfortability.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really say that the 09 jams were trash (since I've always wanted a pair), but those things tire out my feet when I wear them for more than a couple hours. Yes they are my size and I was truly happy when I got them, but these are one of the few shoes that I rarely wear anymore due to their uncomfortability.
isnt that a quality issue? plus look at that thin a$% patent leather and how little of it is around the shoe, bruh i know you wanted them and were happy they released (i was too and i also bought them) but i wouldnt stick up for them at all, go rock some 2000 jams and see the light lol but for real they are the worst XI to date to release

I agree with everything you said, but the CDP Playoff XIs and Anniversary joints would like a word with you.

isnt that a quality issue? plus look at that thin a$% patent leather and how little of it is around the shoe, bruh i know you wanted them and were happy they released (i was too and i also bought them) but i wouldnt stick up for them at all, go rock some 2000 jams and see the light lol but for real they are the worst XI to date to release
It is a quality issue as many would say, but the only reason I wouldn't consider them trash is because it's a pair of shoes I've always wanted. One man's trash is another's treasure. Lol. For some reason I can wear the cool grey 11's for days on end but the second I start wearing the space jams, it feels like I just put my foot inside a concrete brick. Maybe one day I'll look at picking up a pair of 00 space jams, but as of now I'll "settle" for 09's.

Last edited:
I got no problems with my '09 space jams. the CDP's on the other hand, are pretty sad. The 23 peeled off, the PL cut is awful and they hurt my feet, but I still wear them :lol:

Last edited:
cdp XX's were and are complete trash! One of the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn.

not really a fan of the 20's, but my experience with the cdp 20's was the complete opposite. i felt that it was one of the most comfortable numbered j's. played in them outdoors too without any problem.

to me though the worst j's in terms of quality is the recent j1 chicago. that plastic "leather" was horrendous imo.

Cdp xxs were permanently ashy but def not the worst...cardinal and orion viis from 2011 were terrible. Not only did the sockliners feel like cardboard....the insoles did as well...funny thing is there was no cardboard under the insole

Cdp xxs were permanently ashy but def not the worst...cardinal and orion viis from 2011 were terrible. Not only did the sockliners feel like cardboard....the insoles did as well...funny thing is there was no cardboard under the insole

I have no beef with the ashiness of the XX. I thought they were fine. the XVIIs tho...... those things were ashier than ashy larry. :smh:

Agreed. Chicago 1s quality was terrible so was the bunny 8s
Can you explain the reason why the chicago 1 quality is terrible? I have mine since rd and for me the leather is not as soft as vegas 1s, but in terms of creasing, i actually could say its built like a tank, very minimal creases to the toebox and by the ankle areas, some of my other jordan 1 (black toes) have more creases by the toe box than the chi 1.

Can you explain the reason why the chicago 1 quality is terrible? I have mine since rd and for me the leather is not as soft as vegas 1s, but in terms of creasing, i actually could say its built like a tank, very minimal creases to the toebox and by the ankle areas, some of my other jordan 1 (black toes) have more creases by the toe box than the chi 1.
its because they are almost plastic, i love the colorway for sure but mine even creased upwards instead of inwards like a normal leather would, very sad and they are worse than all other 1s. I never owned any cdps (i bought them and sold them but never wore any) but even the anniversaries were better than the 09 jams imo dont get me wrong both were bad but the jams were just so disappointing and as far as XXs go, the cdps might have been bad but my QS black strap XXs are so comfortable and the quality is amazing, they are (imo) the second best feeling jordan behind the 03-04 (cant remember the exact year) XIIs

i remember when i bought the cherry XIIIs.  I quickly compared them to the Wheats and I was like WTH!  It was the first retro I bought in a while b/c I took a break from JB for a few years.

Then when I bought the Obsidians and Playoff XIIs, I compared both of those to my French Blues and Flint Grey XIIs.  The quality isn't even close. 

First of all the tongue is like plastic and jb played us wit no NA logo. It was very dissapointing. Imo

Back
Top Bottom