Would you ever let your parents borrow or have money?

I give my mom money all the time. Usually I don't expect it back, but when she says she just has to borrow some money, she'll put it back into my account.

Yes I would, and I already do. Unless your parents are using it to feed an addiction or something worse, why wouldn't you help your parents? Family first.

I'd wipe out my bank account for my mom if she needed it.

Considering that my dad owes my mom six figures worth of child support,  dude could die in a ditch for all I care.

ya mom probably got the courts to give her a ridiculous unnecessary amount of child support :smh:
Even if that was the case, my dad has paid none of it. He uses the excuse that he has no income, but the reality is that he runs a business off the books.

Wait...why am I explaining myself to a troll?

Man I feel sorry for you OP. I cant believe your parents did such a crap job of raising you that you wouldn't borrow them money for something. I understand if they borrowing money for drugs or gambling whatever..but man money is money..you wouldnt be on this earth without them bruh. If they aint spend they money feeding you, you wouldnt be here. If my parents need money and I can afford it, best believe they aint eem have to ask twice and I dont care if I get it back or not.

That's fine. Nothing I can say to make you understand. But know that I tried my hardest to have no bad blood between us. I gave them 4th, 5th, 6th, etc chances when they messed up. A favor they did not return

since when is raising a child a loan to the child?

Simple enough, if your parents decide to have you, then they have decided to take that L (as far as money does)

With that said, if my parents needed money, I would help them as much as I could without jeopardizing my own situation.

*edit* not that it matters as it pertains to this thread, but I had awesome parents that would do anything for me

Last edited:
Yeah I would and I do help moms out with certain monetary issues that come up it's one of the reasons why I joined the military so I could help my peoples if the need arises. As far as helping pops out he's pretty good with his money plus he has a little welding business so he's good. But if he ever needs a red cent I'll lend it to him in a millisecond.

All parents are definitely not created equal. Don't comment on someone else's feeling about how they were raised.
Is it ungrateful not to appreciate what your parents did for you?
yeah it is.. and my reply to that is: I didn't get to choose the circumstances I was born into, They CHOSE to have a child whether it was me or not, and it is their responsibility from that point on to ensure that their child is as successful in life as possible. If they had to work more or spend more money to do that, don't expect the kid to be forever indebted to you if they never had a say in what you did for him/her.

In my case I was extremely intuitive and independent at a very young age, but whenever I had questions about the way I was being raised, or the direction my life was going, the reply was always "because I said so". Well, if you don't value a child's input into their own life and you constantly hold them back from pursuing their dreams don't expect them to be grateful that you worked hard when they do "make it" in life because you "helped" them get there. Do you guys think Michael Jackson is grateful for how he was raised? Dude made Millions of Dollars! and I still doubt he's grateful for what he had to go through.

Would you guys generously tip waiters who give you bad service because you're grateful they were doing their job? 
/endrant

Last edited:
I really feel bad for the dudes in here with bad parents/mom/pops.

Parents can have everything b, Im not taking it with me when I die.

Edit: A lot of talent never sees the light of day simply because parents parent they way they want to and aren't supportive even when they're "supporting".

Last edited:
For all the times they've been there for me... financially, physically, emotionally, I would be doing anything I can.

You never know what someone's relationship is like with their parents so who are some of you guys to question someone if they dont jump to give their parents money?

Man I would do anything for my parents. They have done so much for me over the years. When I get my money up I wanna buy my father a nice car. He is the type to make 6 figures but spend it on vacations and my siblings education. He doesn't spend much on himself. I wish I could afford to buy him a Benz now.

All parents are definitely not created equal. Don't comment on someone else's feeling about how they were raised.

Is it ungrateful not to appreciate what your parents did for you?

yeah it is.. and my reply to that is: I didn't get to choose the circumstances I was born into, They CHOSE to have a child whether it was me or not, and it is their responsibility from that point on to ensure that their child is as successful in life as possible. If they had to work more or spend more money to do that, don't expect the kid to be forever indebted to you if they never had a say in what you did for him/her.

In my case I was extremely intuitive and independent at a very young age, but whenever I had questions about the way I was being raised, or the direction my life was going, the reply was always "because I said so". Well, if you don't value a child's input into their own life and you constantly hold them back from pursuing their dreams don't expect them to be grateful that you worked hard when they do "make it" in life because you "helped" them get there. Do you guys think Michael Jackson is grateful for how he was raised? Dude made Millions of Dollars! and I still doubt he's grateful for what he had to go through.

Would you guys generously tip waiters who give you bad service because you're grateful they were doing their job? 

/endrant

THIS, THIS, THIS, a million times THIS!

Somebody gets it
View media item 539501

Every single dime in my pocket and account for both of them. Wouldn't even question why. I could never pay them back the amount of **** they have done for me.

Last edited:
Borrow? Naw, it's theirs. Not right now for anyone though, once im significantly above ground with decent savings I'll get back to helping fam. Right now they just gotta let me be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom