Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Punk crying at the press conference..

Gave stupid Izzy the 1st question..

Sorry I've been MIA fellas. My dog passed on Thursday, then my girlfriend's family dog died on Friday. It's been a sht few days.

Watched Revolution at a local theater with a bunch of dorks. Thought dude behind me was gonna nut in his pants over Punk's entrance. Was highly sports entertained. Thought it was maybe a match or 2 too long, but to be expected when you only have quarterly PPV's.

Can't be too mad at Darby about that awful Coffin Drop. That was 100000% on Hardy's dumba** for inexplicably doing a sit-up after Darby had spotted, knowing Darby's fall is completely dependent on him being where he's supposed to be. Shocked at some of the bumps Sting took.

Thought Britt retaining was curious, but if what I heard about Rosa being injured is true, they didn't really have a choice.

Wish MJF had won this one and let Punk get the next one in a blowoff, but I'm not mad at it.

Except for the awkward pin, really enjoyed Mox/Danielson. Especially with Regal coming out at the end.

Ladder match was a lot of fun. Probably the right decision having Wardlow win that as long as they actually do something with it and it's not just some weird superlative they throw on his name like they did to Sky.

Tag Title match was a lot of fun, and ended like I figured it would.

Jade is looking better in the ring all the time. Glad to see she's actually learning/growing and not just another Eva Marie.

Black Triangle match was about what I expected.

Legit question @NTWT

How much more do you think professional wrestling can evolve from where it is now? Seeing how much IT has changed in that last 10-15 years it seems to me like IT has reached a peak.

Last edited:
Legit question @NTWT

How much more do you think professional wrestling can evolve from where it is now? Seeing how much IT has changed in that last 10-15 years it seems to me like IT has reached a peak. IT has grown so much in popularity within that time and really reaching audiences IT never had before.

Has wrestling grown in popularity in the last 10-15 years?

AEW and WWE are struggling to bring in anything other than their core audiences.

Fewer people are watching overall.

Now, the indy scene over the last 15 years has been remarkable but wrestling is probably less "mainstream" as it has ever been.

The most I will give you is the Bullet Club put regular, non-fans on to wearing wrestling shirts in regular public.

Has wrestling grown in popularity in the last 10-15 years?

AEW and WWE are struggling to bring in anything other than their core audiences.

Fewer people are watching overall.

Now, the indy scene over the last 15 years has been remarkable but wrestling is probably less "mainstream" as it has ever been.

The most I will give you is the Bullet Club put regular, non-fans on to wearing wrestling shirts in regular public.
I don't agree with your statements. People are watching there are just "other" ways to watch now. Measuring tv audience metrics is outdated.

Now if you'd like to answer the question... I'm talking about the sport of professional wrestling not audiences.

Stop changing the subject and responding to my question with other questions

Legit question @NTWT

How much more do you think professional wrestling can evolve from where it is now? Seeing how much IT has changed in that last 10-15 years it seems to me like IT has reached a peak. IT has grown so much in popularity within that time and really reaching audiences IT never had before drawing in a bunch of casual fans
its never going to be the same with mma around.

Sorry I've been MIA fellas. My dog passed on Thursday, then my girlfriend's family dog died on Friday. It's been a sht few days.

Watched Revolution at a local theater with a bunch of dorks. Thought dude behind me was gonna nut in his pants over Punk's entrance. Was highly sports entertained. Thought it was maybe a match or 2 too long, but to be expected when you only have quarterly PPV's.

Can't be too mad at Darby about that awful Coffin Drop. That was 100000% on Hardy's dumba** for inexplicably doing a sit-up after Darby had spotted, knowing Darby's fall is completely dependent on him being where he's supposed to be. Shocked at some of the bumps Sting took.

Thought Britt retaining was curious, but if what I heard about Rosa being injured is true, they didn't really have a choice.

Wish MJF had won this one and let Punk get the next one in a blowoff, but I'm not mad at it.

Except for the awkward pin, really enjoyed Mox/Danielson. Especially with Regal coming out at the end.

Ladder match was a lot of fun. Probably the right decision having Wardlow win that as long as they actually do something with it and it's not just some weird superlative they throw on his name like they did to Sky.

Jade is looking better in the ring all the time. Glad to see she's actually learning/growing and not just another Eva Marie.

Sorry for your losses bro.

condolences my man

There will always be evolution within a sport. Always.

I just hope that level of evolution isn't mainly an increase of degrees on "flippy stuff." Sure that WILL happen since there has been more of a focus on that as the wrestling timeline has progressed.

But as we saw over the last 20 years, the integration of MMA into Pro Wrestling is where I would like to see the biggest impact.

Other than that? Not sure.

Maybe people coming into the business using less utilized styles (Judo (used but not as prominent) and Sumo) can be something on the rise.

Last edited:
I don't agree with your statements. People are watching there are just "other" ways to watch now. Measuring tv audience metrics is outdated.

Now if you'd like to answer the question... I'm talking about the sport of professional wrestling not audiences.

Stop changing the subject and responding to my question with other questions
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I edited my post since that last part made the question confusing. The question was about wrestling not audiences or reach. That part was just my observation.

Back
Top Bottom