Wrestling Thread 4/30-5/6 | 5/3 Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted! p84

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Wait, so when Brock lost his first UFC fight did he lose all his drawing power then, too?

You complain about the finish yet once again you're completey missing the big picture, 4w.
Big picture? You're an idiot.  I know for a 100% fact you disagree with me just to disagree.  Go troll somewhere else.

"BAH GAWD KING BUSINESS IS PICKING UP!"

This PPV was great, unfortunately it made WM 28 a big dress rehearsal, imagine this PPV, WITH Taker/HHH , could have been the best WM of all time............

BTW, DONT have him lost to Tensai and have him get beaten to a bloody pulp just to win..............If you are a real fan of wrestling you knew that was a horrible ending, esp. with the guy taking time off, now you are just going to Feed HHH to Brock to make him legit? No one cares about HHH............

Originally Posted by gambit215

No one cares about HHH............
indifferent.gif

And for those who say, "I'm not a stock holder, why should I care about business #'s?" Well, when more and more people continue to tune out of the product because of %!#%$$*$ like last night, it hurts pro wrestling as a whole. TNA is not a viable #2 option. WWE is the only show in town. If WWE is losing the public's interest, pro wrestling is losing the public's interest.

You act like WWE is going to go out of business because they put Cena over again.

You're more upset than ANYONE I've seen online and I think it's safe to say that you'll still be tuning in.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

indifferent.gif

Yea You and Vince are the only people on this planet who marked out when he buried the hottest thing in Wrestling last year (Punk), and had that 5-Star Ladder Match with Nash as well right, HHH would have been midcard for life if he didn't get with the bosses daughter, I mean put it in perspective, he didnt even win his first WWE Championship CLEAN, Chyna has to give Foley a crotch shot?

HHH- Most Overrated/Undeserving of his status wrestler of all time..........

Least Over Member of DX during their Prime=HHH
Buried Countless Wrestlers who were better than him = HHH
Wasted two matches with the Undertaker which could have gotten to other workers thus getting them over-=HHH
Didnt Job on PPV for like a good two years= HHH
Cosign and Pushes  Sheamus/Del Rio/Botch Cara when R-Truth/Bryan/Punk are CLEARLY more over=HHH
Tapped out to a Sociopath,Child killing Murderer =HHH

roll.gif
roll.gif

Wait, so when Brock lost his first UFC fight did he lose all his drawing power then, too?

You complain about the finish yet once again you're completey missing the big picture, 4w.
Big picture? You're an idiot.  I know for a 100% fact you disagree with me just to disagree.  Go troll somewhere else.

How %+#%#@$ dare. I know we don't agree on everything, but there have been times where we do agree.

Quite frankly, though, you're the idiot. Oh, no wait, me and all 12,000 in Chicago who gave Cena a standing ovation are the idiots, right? *#%# you, man.

You're sitting here *****ing about the result without giving any praise or thought to the story we were given in the ring. Brock destroyed Cena's %**!, to the point that he just started toying with him. He could have ended it so much earlier, but didn't. He was so ludicrously confident that he repeated a spot (big no-no in itself) that he almost took himself out with the first time. And he paid the price for his arrogance. And lost because of a set of steps that he himself left in that ring to use to hurt Cena. He wasn't flawless, he wasn't an amazing pro wrestler, and he wasn't the victor, but he was able to help accomplish some things we just don't usually see, including a smark crowd turned silent, and then turned to favor Cena.

Brock beat himself as much as Cena did. BUT NO THE ENDING WAS DUMB WERE DUMB MARKS 4W IS THE ONLY INTELLIGENT MAN ALIVE.

You %+#%#@$ impatient arm chair booking smark. If you're calling Cena/Lesnar bad just because Cena won, you have your priorities as a wrestling fan completely wrong.

Should WWE just fire Brock? Cause according to you he can't draw after losing to the biggest name in the company.

Hell, if losing to the most over guy there kills all his heat they probably should of rehired such a jabroni in the first place.

Spoiler [+]
jsiyb4.gif

How %+#%#@$ dare. I know we don't agree on everything, but there have been times where we do agree.

Quite frankly, though, you're the idiot. Oh, no wait, me and all 12,000 in Chicago who gave Cena a standing ovation are the idiots, right? *#%# you, man.

You're sitting here *****ing about the result without giving any praise or thought to the story we were given in the ring. Brock destroyed Cena's %**!, to the point that he just started toying with him. He could have ended it so much earlier, but didn't. He was so ludicrously confident that he repeated a spot (big no-no in itself) that he almost took himself out with the first time. And he paid the price for his arrogance. And lost because of a set of steps that he himself left in that ring to use to hurt Cena. He wasn't flawless, he wasn't an amazing pro wrestler, and he wasn't the victor, but he was able to help accomplish some things we just don't usually see, including a smark crowd turned silent, and then turned to favor Cena.

Brock beat himself as much as Cena did. BUT NO THE ENDING WAS DUMB WERE DUMB MARKS 4W IS THE ONLY INTELLIGENT MAN ALIVE.

You %+#%#@$ impatient arm chair booking smark. If you're calling Cena/Lesnar bad just because Cena won, you have your priorities as a wrestling fan completely wrong.

Should WWE just fire Brock? Cause according to you he can't draw after losing to the biggest name in the company.

Hell, if losing to the most over guy there kills all his heat they probably should of rehired such a jabroni in the first place.

Spoiler [+]
jsiyb4.gif

All of this plus Sting belongs in the HOF..
roll.gif

roll.gif

Just from my standpoint it was pretty awesome..my godson who is a big: cena/rey mysterio/sin cara fan (if you get my point) was cheering on brock just because he never seen anything like that. He sees brock as sort of the bane character from batman and wants him to destroy everyone. Hopefully we get to see him at No Way Out and Summerslam.

Originally Posted by casekicks

Spoiler [+]
jsiyb4.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

d37150e6a27ae3d1da11fb3da96f446997230e7.gif

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

Won't be able to catch extreme rules tonight.
Got to work 10pm - 9am at the animal clinic tonight.
ohwell.gif

What kind of work do you do?
Edit: Guess you won't be answering since you got suspended for asking for a stream.  Rusty too.  You think you guys would learn by now 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by casekicks

Spoiler [+]
jsiyb4.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

d37150e6a27ae3d1da11fb3da96f446997230e7.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This .GIF!

Originally Posted by YardFather

So let's keep the title off the most over guy in the company and keep it on the guy who gets boo'd more and more every week because of it.

Where is the logic in that?

Otherwise a great match.

It was a very good match, probably the match of the show.  I didn't expect D Bry to win the title, so I'm happy he's out of the title picture for a while because it's clear they weren't going to put him over Sheamus.  Del Rio can be Sheamus's new jobber for the next few months.
I really have no idea what they have planned next for D Bry.  There aren't a ton of faces on Smackdown.  I just paged through the Smackdown Superstars page on WWE.com.  It's really piss poor.  The only face D Bry could possibly feud with on his level would be Randy Orton, and I don't see that turning out well for Bryan.

Has anyone tried DDP Yoga yet? I'm about to get my Jericho on. 
Spoiler [+]

So let's keep the title off the most over guy in the company and keep it on the guy who gets boo'd more and more every week because of it.

Where is the logic in that?

Otherwise a great match.

It was a very good match, probably the match of the show.  I didn't expect D Bry to win the title, so I'm happy he's out of the title picture for a while because it's clear they weren't going to put him over Sheamus.  Del Rio can be Sheamus's new jobber for the next few months.
I really have no idea what they have planned next for D Bry.  There aren't a ton of faces on Smackdown.  I just paged through the Smackdown Superstars page on WWE.com.  It's really piss poor.  The only face D Bry could possibly feud with on his level would be Randy Orton, and I don't see that turning out well for Bryan.

I wouldn't be surprised of Bryan moved over to Raw somehow or other. With Lauranitis running both shows it's pretty easy to move guys back and forth for the hell of it, and there's always a chance they still go through with a draft. Now that Jericho/Punk is most likely over with, Bryan could b next in line for a feud with Punk *wishful thinking*

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Looks like Cena's taking that break 
nerd.gif
 injury angle
Any competent booking team would have booked an injury angle last night.  It was set up perfectly for it.  But no, Super Cena goes over and we flush our $5 million investment down the toilet.

I hope Del Rio Swagg takes the title off Sheamus within the next 2 months. He needs a good title reign to reestablish himself after the burial during the last few months of 2011 and the injury.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Another awful loss for Ziggler. If they had plans for Brodus, it would be one thing, but he's never going to be more than an opening match comedy gimmick. Ziggler has so much freaking talent and is just wasted. I know we say this about a lot of guys, but this applies to Ziggler more than anyone else. He has everything needed to be a huge star, and WWE is burying him. It pisses me off to no end.
  i was thinking that maybe he was the guy/one of the guys who was complaining about the rock/brock being brought in so he's being punished
It's always possible, but I've heard a few Ziggler interviews, and he seems like a pretty corporate guy.  Prior to WM, he did an interview on the LAW saying he had no problem with The Rock coming in, and he would take whatever opportunity he had at WM to try and steal the show.  Sucks that he wasn't given any opportunity at all.
Originally Posted by PLVN

Another awful loss for Ziggler. If they had plans for Brodus, it would be one thing, but he's never going to be more than an opening match comedy gimmick. Ziggler has so much freaking talent and is just wasted. I know we say this about a lot of guys, but this applies to Ziggler more than anyone else. He has everything needed to be a huge star, and WWE is burying him. It pisses me off to no end.

It could be way worse.

Be happy that he even makes an appearance at these PPVs.

I'd rather have him not be on the show.  Out of sight, out of mind is much better than being made to look like a clown every week.  Same goes for Cody Rhodes.

Hey guys remember in The Dark Knight when Batman locks up Joker for the first time and then the movie abruptly ends and the entire movie ends up totally sucking? Geez, that's totally how this Cena/Lesnar thing going to be, huh?

Brock wasn't there to win a wrestling match which he has made clear over the past couple weeks. He was there to beat the $$$* out of Cena, which he did. He had the match won on multiple occasions but instead just beat up referees because he doesn't care. Cena couldn't beat Brock in a regular match and needed a fluke chain shot to beat him. I hate to sound cliche but, Cena won the battle, a worthless wrestling match that meant nothing to Brock. Brock won the war. He did what he set out to do; kick Cena's #!@ and put him out of action. The matched was booked well and Lesnar came off looking like a monster.

Brock only had Cena "beat" once, and that was after the F5 from the lame (2nd) ref bump, so Brock was trying to win the match.
I just don't understand that if Cena is actually taking time off, why they didn't just do an injury angle to put him out of action.  Not a clean win and then some %!@%#!@% on WWE.com that he's injured and will need time off.

If we want to say Cena's win was a fluke, then Brock could have destroyed Cena more after the match to put him out of action.  It would have been dumb, but still 100x better than what they did.  But instead, Brock gets pinned clean in the middle of the ring, quietly leaves, and Cena cuts a promo saying he's going home.  I just can't wrap my head around it.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Brock wasn't there to win a wrestling match which he has made clear over the past couple weeks. He was there to beat the $$$* out of Cena, which he did. He had the match won on multiple occasions but instead just beat up referees because he doesn't care. Cena couldn't beat Brock in a regular match and needed a fluke chain shot to beat him. I hate to sound cliche but, Cena won the battle, a worthless wrestling match that meant nothing to Brock. Brock won the war. He did what he set out to do; kick Cena's #!@ and put him out of action. The matched was booked well and Lesnar came off looking like a monster.

I'm torn between this comment and the fact that people will now see Brock as a loser.
On one hand yea he beat the +@%* out of Cena and ended up putting him on the shelf for who knows how long but on the other hand you build this guy to be a monster and have this untouchable aura and have him lose on his first match back which in turn shuts down all that.
I'm not gonna shout "buried" and whatnot but after this loss I really wanna see what's next for him. I don't think he'll be after the title soon so the feud with HHH will more than likely be the next thing.

I'm not saying Brock is buried.  They CAN rehab him to an extent.  Of course, this will take good booking to do, which WWE proved last night that once again they are run by a pack of morons.
However, like you said, the untouchable, monster, UFC Heavyweight Champion aura is gone now and you cannot get that back, no matter how you book him.  You only get one chance to put a guy on a dominant winning streak, and WWE blew that last night.

Brock should have been undefeated going into WrestleMania.  I wouldn't care who he faces at Mania then.  Cena, Taker, Austin, Rock.  Any of them could beat him, and I would have ZERO problem with it because you build this guy as a monster all year, and then the guy who beats him gets an even BIGGER rub from finally taking him out.

The other point is, Lesnar only has so many appearances left.  He's already used 4.  That means he has about 20-22 dates left over the next 11 months.  It's hard to re-establish him as a monster when he's not wrestling or even on TV that often.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

4W, if anything, it made me interested in Lesnar more.  I'm not a UFC fan, never really saw the hype in him.  The casual fan would probably be impressed just at how different he is and at some of the stuff he was pulling off.  They made him look like a monster.  Cena winning didn't hurt him.  If anything, Lesnar can say that Cena needed the chain to beat him cause he couldn't stand a chance and was beating em down the whole match to the point of injuring em.  Have Lesnar lay out Cena tonight, move on to a program with Triple H and by Summerslam, we'll probably have a rematch. 
Interesting take, but were you a wrestling fan during his last run in WWE?
And like I've said, they will rehab Brock to some extent, but he should have been undefeated going into WM.  That's where you get your real money match payoff.  Making excuses for why a guy lost doesn't help the guy who lost or the guy who won.

Originally Posted by bmkten

%%@% it. I won't bother writing a Raw preview tomorrow since I have nothing positive to say.

It's %%@!%%% stupid enough that WWE writers come up with this $$%++#@+, but it's even more mind boggling that you guys go along with it.
you talk down to us like we're all a bunch of stupid marks. but honestly i'd rather be a mark and enjoy it
I don't mean to speak down to anyone, unless they personally come at me like Lobo or a few others.
I'm just still venting over what a terrible business decision it was to have Brock lose last night.  Personally, I can't enjoy stupid booking and business decision.  This isn't UFC.  This is a scripted show where you have 100% control over what happens, and WWE still blows it the majority of the time.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

indifferent.gif

Yea You and Vince are the only people on this planet who marked out when he buried the hottest thing in Wrestling last year (Punk), and had that 5-Star Ladder Match with Nash as well right, HHH would have been midcard for life if he didn't get with the bosses daughter, I mean put it in perspective, he didnt even win his first WWE Championship CLEAN, Chyna has to give Foley a crotch shot?

HHH- Most Overrated/Undeserving of his status wrestler of all time..........

Least Over Member of DX during their Prime=HHH
Buried Countless Wrestlers who were better than him = HHH
Wasted two matches with the Undertaker which could have gotten to other workers thus getting them over-=HHH
Didnt Job on PPV for like a good two years= HHH
Cosign and Pushes  Sheamus/Del Rio/Botch Cara when R-Truth/Bryan/Punk are CLEARLY more over=HHH
Tapped out to a Sociopath,Child killing Murderer =HHH

roll.gif
roll.gif

HHH has his pros and cons.  There are certainly a LONG list of cons, but he is a huge name in the eyes of WWE's fanbase, and he knows how to work a match better than most guys on the roster.  IF Brock destroys HHH, it helps to get some steam back on Lesnar, but Brock destroying HHH is far from a guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom