Wrestling Thread 4/30-5/6 | 5/3 Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted! p84

Originally Posted by YardFather

The Miz as a badass marine in an action movie would be about as believable as The Miz as WWE Champion.

He had the best reign of the past 6 yrs
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

hombrelobo wrote:
 If you're calling Cena/Lesnar bad just because Cena won, you have your priorities as a wrestling fan completely wrong. 

This. I had this feeling Cena would win after Brock made Johnny agree to those insane demands last monday on Raw along with Edge making a cameo.
I didn't even think Punk would win....because of two factors: he held the title for over 5 months. and after his incredible push from MITB in his home city....i didn't think WWE would let him go two for two in his home town PPVs....but at least i was one of two right.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

The Miz as a badass marine in an action movie would be about as believable as The Miz as WWE Champion.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Pleeeeeeeease stop

Let me count his clean wins for you as champion....

John Morrison

Jerry Lawler

I was a big fan of Miz with MITB and the initial title run, but it became very clear early on that even though he was champion, they weren't going to put him over any top stars.

I'd have to go back and look through title reigns of the past 6 years, but I would guess it's Cena or Orton.  Maybe Batista.  Punk is actually on a very nice run since Survivor Series.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by gunnascott

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Pleeeeeeeease stop

Let me count his clean wins for you as champion....

John Morrison

Jerry Lawler

I was a big fan of Miz with MITB and the initial title run, but it became very clear early on that even though he was champion, they weren't going to put him over any top stars.
I didn't say it was a good reign I just said it was the best of the past 6 yrs. All reigns have been terrible since Cena's 2006 run IMO
ohwell.gif

so its obvious what's going to happen tonight... Cena going to come out all cheesy happy like normal... talk bout how he killed the beqast and walked out with a few scrapes... say he hurt his arm, that he's going to take a couple weeks off and come back... Brock then comes out and lays cena out... on some epic, makes nexus debut look shabby type stuff... cena then out like 3 months or something...

this gets all the heat back on Brock... he can explain how he beat cena multiple times and he took him out so he really won... this lets cena come back for a match at Summerfest... cena get sympathy, plus he actually pinned Brock so he can say he can do it again... basic easy booking that lets cena take time off... think about this is the first time cena is able to leave and let someone else be number 1 in WWE... not cena's fault, thats just how they build guys...

020120430lgrawhhhprel.jpg

No preview this week as promised because I don't want to lower the morale of the NT wrestling thread.

Also no recap of last night's Extreme Rules PPV because I don't want to put the NT wrestling thread into a permanent state of depression.  Here are the results:

• Santino Marella d The Miz to retain the United States Title
  • Randy Orton d Kane in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
  • Brodus Clay d Dolph Ziggler
  • Cody Rhodes d The Big Show to win the Intercontinental Title in a Tables Match
  • Sheamus d Daniel Bryan to retain the World Heavyweight Title in a 2/3 Falls Match (Sheamus/Bryan/Sheamus)
  • Ryback d Two Jobbers
  • CM Punk d Chris Jericho to retain the WWE Title in a Chicago Street Fight
  • Layla d Nikki (Brie) Bella to win the Divas Title
  • John Cena d Brock Lesnar in an Extreme Rules Match

Tonight on Raw:

• HHH will be on the show to discuss his conversation with John Lauranitis
  • The rehab of Brock Lesnar begins
  • I do not know if Cena will be on tonight's show
  • Tonight is The Bella Twins final night with the company 
    frown.gif
    frown.gif
    frown.gif
  • Epico and Primo must make their decision to AW by tonight

I will attempt to get the PPV Prediction Contest results posted tonight.

No preview this week as promised because I don't want to lower the morale of the NT wrestling thread.

Also no recap of last night's Extreme Rules PPV because I don't want to put the NT wrestling thread into a permanent state of depression.  Here are the results:

Oh man, I was actually looking forward to your recap since I missed the PPV last night. Seemed like a good PPV from the little bits I've read though.

WWE has no real competition and since they probably won't for a long time they can pretty much do whatever they want...the reason wrestling is at a real low point

Originally Posted by RFX45

Oh man, I was actually looking forward to your recap since I missed the PPV last night. Seemed like a good PPV from the little bits I've read though.
Last night in a landmark night, Brock Lesnar made his triumphant return to the ring, beating WWE posterboy John Cena to a bloody pulp, but then was caught off guard by Cena's chain, leaving him stunned and giving Cena the opportunity to hit him with an AA, giving Cena the victory. However, while Cena may have won the battle, it appears to be a pyrrhic victory, as the leader of the Cenation announced after the match that he'd be leaving for a while. While we're unsure as to how long, what we do know is Cena will be here tonight. What words will be exchanged between him and Lesnar? Will Lesnar put him out of commission for good? There could also be repercussions from the fallout. Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and General Manager of Raw and SmackDown John Laurinaitis was forced to bend to all of Brock Lesnar’s demands in order to get the contract signed for Sunday’s match. That included declaring Lesnar the “new face of WWE" – a face that was surprisingly defeated at Extreme Rules. With an angry Lesnar presumably on his way to Raw SuperShow (Starring Brock Lesnar, per the Superstar mandates?), Laurinaitis may be looking to punish the Superstar who threw a wrench in his plans.

Meanwhile, Triple H is going to be appearing tonight, as confirmed by Big Johnny. It's unknown exactly what the COO will have to say, but it could almost certainly involve the results of last night's Cena/Lesnar match. Fun fact: Triple H and Lesnar rarely crossed paths during Lesnar's first run, and never had a singles match together. Perhaps that will change after tonight?

Also, CM Punk again retained his WWE Championship over Chris Jericho in a brutal Chicago Street Fight. Punk showed rage we've rarely seen before from him, and managed to control his emotions and defeat Jericho. Is this the end of their feud, or will Jericho continue to bait the Straight Edge Savior?

I probably forgot some $!$! but just assume we'll see Lord Tensai, Divas, and perhaps Bryan too tonight.

Cena said on twitter he'll be on RAW to give an update on his status - i assume they lead the show with that

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Last night in a landmark night, Brock Lesnar made his triumphant return to the ring, beating WWE posterboy John Cena to a bloody pulp, but then was caught off guard by Cena's chain, leaving him stunned and giving Cena the opportunity to hit him with an AA, giving Cena the victory. However, while Cena may have won the battle, it appears to be a pyrrhic victory, as the leader of the Cenation announced after the match that he'd be leaving for a while. While we're unsure as to how long, what we do know is Cena will be here tonight. What words will be exchanged between him and Lesnar? Will Lesnar put him out of commission for good? There could also be repercussions from the fallout. Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and General Manager of Raw and SmackDown John Laurinaitis was forced to bend to all of Brock Lesnar’s demands in order to get the contract signed for Sunday’s match. That included declaring Lesnar the “new face of WWE" – a face that was surprisingly defeated at Extreme Rules. With an angry Lesnar presumably on his way to Raw SuperShow (Starring Brock Lesnar, per the Superstar mandates?), Laurinaitis may be looking to punish the Superstar who threw a wrench in his plans.

Meanwhile, Triple H is going to be appearing tonight, as confirmed by Big Johnny. It's unknown exactly what the COO will have to say, but it could almost certainly involve the results of last night's Cena/Lesnar match. Fun fact: Triple H and Lesnar rarely crossed paths during Lesnar's first run, and never had a singles match together. Perhaps that will change after tonight?

Also, CM Punk again retained his WWE Championship over Chris Jericho in a brutal Chicago Street Fight. Punk showed rage we've rarely seen before from him, and managed to control his emotions and defeat Jericho. Is this the end of their feud, or will Jericho continue to bait the Straight Edge Savior?

I probably forgot some $!$! but just assume we'll see Lord Tensai, Divas, and perhaps Bryan too tonight.

Thanks for the preview. Any quick detail and opinion on the matches that happened last night? Even links that I can read on so I am not too lost on tonight's show? Seems like plenty loved the Punk vs Jericho and Sheamus vs DBry matches.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Cena said on twitter he'll be on RAW to give an update on his status - i assume they lead the show with that

so does Lesnar brutalize him?  that's my guess 

Jim Ross on Lesnar vs Cena:

On John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar: “John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar was a gut check of the human spirit. Lesnar had been out of a WWE ring for approximately eight years and many, including me, wondered how ring rust would affect the former UFC and WWE Heavyweight Champion’s performance. Some uninformed fans felt that being in the Octagon and being in a WWE ring were similar but they are far from it for a variety of reasons. Lesnar was impressive especially while on offense and delivered some of the most unique and wicked strikes and submissions that I’ve ever seen in WWE. Cena survived the supreme gut check after sustaining, obviously, a hellacious beating. I knew that Cena was a tough kid back when we signed him.

Thanks for the preview. Any quick detail and opinion on the matches that happened last night? Even links that I can read on so I am not too lost on tonight's show? Seems like plenty loved the Punk vs Jericho and Sheamus vs DBry matches.
Here

They're in Dayton, OH tonight.

Like that article that Lobo posted said I was really glad that the commentary team was actually calling the matches and calling some of the moves.
I hope we see more of that in the coming events.

Here
Thanks you kindly! 

Back
Top Bottom