Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

Possibly unpopular opinion: I liked the black strap IC title better than the white one
Mentioned this before, in the WWF system, I credit colored straps with ONE man; The Ultimate Warrior. I don't need to see an actual belt's straps a non-black color ( Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee )

If a WRESTLER wants to change HIS/HER strap, that is on them.

As of now, Naomi making a strap NEON green is the only thing that makes sense since no other wrestler associates with ONE color the way she associates with NEON green

Why do people always bring up the travel schedule when talking about whether someone wants to go to WWE or not?..I follow several Indie wrestlers on social media and them dudes are traveling damn near as much as WWE guys and they make a fraction of the money..Guys like Joey Ryan, Matt Riddle, David Starr, OvE, Sami Callahan, and Brain Cage post damn near daily how they're in a new city for some smaller indie promotion..So that "maybe he wants to be home for his wife/kids/family" excuse don't hold water..

I honestly think a good chunk of the guys who get hot on the indies, then are rumored to have been/are actually offered a WWE deal, and turn them down are genuinely scared to take the chance..And I think they use the travel issue as an excuse, but yet they're on the road 20-25 days a month already..So why turn down the chance to make it big and make more money?..It's fear that holds them back..

FEE056A1-DF87-484E-ABA3-406E824D8332.jpeg

This is one of those, "I am not completely sure how I feel about her" types of girls.

She has her angles where she looks GOOD. Others where she is OK.

I like her better than Sophia Vega though. Case Case thoughts?

https://www.instagram.com/salinadelarenta/?hl=en

All her pics, of her from the back/side, are with her back arched, her legs not together, and her feet flat on the floor..Her mastery of "angle poses" is top notch..And her face is good sometimes and sometimes she looks like Cris Cyborg's little sister..She's definitely a confusing draft pick..I'd skip on her in the draft and watch her progress from the Big3 League, to the D League, and then never quite make a pro roster..

Why do people always bring up the travel schedule when talking about whether someone wants to go to WWE or not?..I follow several Indie wrestlers on social media and them dudes are traveling damn near as much as WWE guys and they make a fraction of the money..Guys like Joey Ryan, Matt Riddle, David Starr, OvE, Sami Callahan, and Brain Cage post damn near daily how they're in a new city for some smaller indie promotion..So that "maybe he wants to be home for his wife/kids/family" excuse don't hold water..

I honestly think a good chunk of the guys who get hot on the indies, then are rumored to have been/are actually offered a WWE deal, and turn them down are genuinely scared to take the chance..And I think they use the travel issue as an excuse, but yet they're on the road 20-25 days a month already..So why turn down the chance to make it big and make more money?..It's fear that holds them back..
Most Indy show dates happen Thurs-Sat Case. WWE talent is home at most 2 days a week.

The travel is in deed different.

Not to mention Indy wrestlers go through STRETCHES. THe Young Bucks might be on a Japan tour for 2 weeks, but have the CHOICE to chill for the following 2 when they go home.

You are leaving out one big part of the travel, IT IS OPTIONAL; not mandatory.

So it isn't the same Case

also, a lot of them haven't even been offered a contract.
riddle wants to do a stint in japan, but not sure if he will get that with his mmj use. when he last spoke with the wwe, they wanted him to work with gabe/evolve which has a great relationship with the wwe. they never offered him a contract, but wanted him to get more experience and actually get experience. he also said he would turn it down if there was an actual offer, since he didnt want to move his family down to orlando yet
a guy like jeff cobb has had multiple workouts, but for some reason has not been offered a contract. they did ask him to be on Tough Enough, which I think he would have been sign off that

Riddle can't go to Japan because he can't put the WEEDS down.

Also, I am sure that is part of the reason WWE won't touch him right now.

He will be there eventually though, he is too damn good.

But I agree, we don't know who has or hasn't been offered until it is explicitly said by a trusted source

Riddle can't go to Japan because he can't put the WEEDS down.

Also, I am sure that is part of the reason WWE won't touch him right now.

He will be there eventually though, he is too damn good.

But I agree, we don't know who has or hasn't been offered until it is explicitly said by a trusted source

wwe doesnt suspend you for mj use. it's a 2k fine or something like that. guys like jack swagger and brian kendrick are major potheads as well :lol:
just got to negotiate a "higher" deal on the contract to cover it :lol:

Most Indy show dates happen Thurs-Sat Case. WWE talent is home at most 2 days a week.

The travel is in deed different.

Not to mention Indy wrestlers go through STRETCHES. THe Young Bucks might be on a Japan tour for 2 weeks, but have the CHOICE to chill for the following 2 when they go home.

You are leaving out one big part of the travel, IT IS OPTIONAL; not mandatory.

So it isn't the same Case

That's not true at all..Indy shows are every single day of the week..The indie guys I follow are wrestling more than just the weekends..

And it's not optional..It's absolutely mandatory that these guys wrestle every day they possibly can..Most of these guys (who would be on WWE's radar) are wrestling as their only occupation..So they can't take 2 weeks off whenever they want..Maybe the YB can, but they're the exception to the rule..

So it's pretty much the same..WWE wrestlers and successful indie wrestlers are traveling damn near non stop..The only real difference (again with the rare exception of YBs, Cody, and maybe Scurll) is that the indie guys aren't making what the NXT/lower-mid card wrestlers are making..

So to be clear, the wrestlers up for discussion are those that are on the cusp of being WWE bound. So we are discussing the TOP level indy dudes.

So roughly, 10 or so people.

How are you saying it is mandatory if they are making the choice of picking their own dates? I am confused

Sure, you can say, "It is in their best interest to be very active" but again, it is a decision made by them. They are not under contract to do so.

Also, MOST wrestling cards that those big names are participating in are on WEEKENDS. Please show me otherwise.

So to be clear, the wrestlers up for discussion are those that are on the cusp of being WWE bound. So we are discussing the TOP level indy dudes.

So roughly, 10 or so people.

How are you saying it is mandatory if they are making the choice of picking their own dates? I am confused

Sure, you can say, "It is in their best interest to be very active" but again, it is a decision made by them. They are not under contract to do so.

Also, MOST wrestling cards that those big names are participating in are on WEEKENDS. Please show me otherwise.

My local indie runs it's shows on Wednesdays every week and does an iPPV the first Friday of the month..That indie has had Joey Ryan, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Jessika Havok, Dave Crist, Jake Crist, Sami Callahan (who make up OvE on Impact), Ricky Steamboat, Shane Douglas, Matt Riddle, Mike Elgin, David Starr, several guys from Mexico and Japan, and Tetsuya ****ing Naito on their shows..So that's just one example..And like I said, if you go follow most of these popular indie guys you'll see that their schedules are packed with dates that aren't just on weekends..

And just because they're not "under contract" doesn't mean it's a choice..This is what they do to make a living and support themselves and their families, so they have no choice but to wrestle as much as they can..The vast majority of adults in this country aren't "under contract" to their employers, but yet they still have to go in everyday they're scheduled to work in order to support themselves and their families..Plus, just because someone may on wrestle on the weekends doesn't mean they aren't traveling other days of the week..A ton of indie guys not only work in the US, but also in Europe, Mexico, Australia, and Japan..Those are dates that require tons of travel..And they HAVE to do that in order to stay relevant so they can keep booking dates to make as much money as possible..So today's indies aren't much different from WWE except for the paycheck..

My local indie runs it's shows on Wednesdays every week and does an iPPV the first Friday of the month..That indie has had Joey Ryan, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Jessika Havok, Dave Crist, Jake Crist, Sami Callahan (who make up OvE on Impact), Ricky Steamboat, Shane Douglas, Matt Riddle, Mike Elgin, David Starr, several guys from Mexico and Japan, and Tetsuya ****ing Naito on their shows..So that's just one example..And like I said, if you go follow most of these popular indie guys you'll see that their schedules are packed with dates that aren't just on weekends..

And just because they're not "under contract" doesn't mean it's a choice..This is what they do to make a living and support themselves and their families, so they have no choice but to wrestle as much as they can..The vast majority of adults in this country aren't "under contract" to their employers, but yet they still have to go in everyday they're scheduled to work in order to support themselves and their families..Plus, just because someone may on wrestle on the weekends doesn't mean they aren't traveling other days of the week..A ton of indie guys not only work in the US, but also in Europe, Mexico, Australia, and Japan..Those are dates that require tons of travel..And they HAVE to do that in order to stay relevant so they can keep booking dates to make as much money as possible..So today's indies aren't much different from WWE except for the paycheck..
1. Case, I said the MAJORITY of their work takes place on the weekend. I said that two times, why are you misquoting me by saying ONLY on the weekends?

2. We are stuck up on the definition of CHOICE. That is fine.

MAGA Bruce consistently caping for Paul and Shawn is such a turn off. Son has an excuse for every single instance when they have done something that could be deemed as racist. Whether it's on script or off these guys have a few incidents where they went across that line and he CONSTANTLY makes excuses and defends them in a extremely condencending tone. Felt like Conrad was at wits end with him in the last episode I listened to

Back
Top Bottom