Wrestling Thread Feb 18-24 | 2/20 - WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENTER ARRESTED ON DUI/POT CHARGES

Right after regal won kotr he was getting tons of heat and the plan was to push him into main event status, then he ended up getting popped for roids I think

Think it was actually a coke problem that he had. But yeah at that time Regal was hot, he had the GM thing and KOTR going and was basically the top heel for a minute.

And it hurts my heart to this day.

I think most of NTWT knows my love for the Real Man's Man. :frown:

I've always liked Regal..It's guys like him, that you know can legit stretch someone and are real life tough guys, that I tend to enjoy their work..I'm probably in the minority on this but I always enjoyed Finlay, Regal, Meng and guys like that cause you know they could really hurt someone if their opponent tried to test them in the ring..

I hope Swagger gets his butt handed to him by the WWE..There is zero excuse for get high/drunk and then getting behind the wheel..It's an epidemic in this country and WWE needs to send a serious message..

I don't understand why they tried to push Swagger in the first place. I don't see how he is marketable. If anything WWE should give Sandow and or Rhodes a push.

I don't understand why they tried to push Swagger in the first place. I don't see how he is marketable. If anything WWE should give Sandow and or Rhodes a push.
Swagger was my guy for YEARS. his WWECW title run was good for what it was, and you dont have too many 6'5" NCAA all-americans on the roster.

but now its just...meh.

Swagger was my guy for YEARS. his WWECW title run was good for what it was, and you dont have too many 6'5" NCAA all-americans on the roster.

but now its just...meh.

I can not care less about his real life wrestling skills. They were pushing him harder than Ziggler the past few weeks. :smh:

Zeb's (Dutch Mantell's) daughter was killed by a drunk driver last year.  Makes the Swagger story even worse.

Like DSK posted, weed smoking has long been an issue with Swagger.  This isn't something new.

Do you guys think they'll switch his title shot to another guy or keep him in the match, but losing in jobber-like fashion?

– The all-time attendance record for the Mercedes-Benz Superdome is 78,344 for the 1997 Sugar Bowl game, however the building has been reconfigured since then. A sellout for the New Orleans Saints football team is 73,209. For a WrestleMania, since so much of the stadium is blocked off for the stage and other production equipment (more than what they make up by having seats on the field), a legitimate estimate of how many fans they can accommodate will be around 65,000 fans. WWE typically exaggerates the WrestleMania attendance by up to 10,000 to announce they have broken the venue’s all time record.

- Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns have been getting rave reviews behind the scenes in WWE. All three members of The Shield are seen as having breakout potential, with Reigns having the look and intensity of a top tier guy, Rollins being a great worker and Dean Ambrose having the “it” factor that sets him apart from everybody else. Ambrose has been given the strong compliment of compared to a modern day Terry Funk.

- Vince McMahon is said to be tired of the CM Punk vs. John Cena feud. Their match on next week’s RAW will reportedly be the last time we see them cross paths for a while.

- With WWE teasing a Ryback heel turn as of late, a feud with John Cena after WrestleMania 29 has been discussed.

- WWE’s writing team has been in somewhat of a rut lately, with a lot of disagreements and politics. The recent flip flopping on the Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow breakup is seen as one of example of poor planning and lack of commitment to storylines. Many of WWE’s top talents including The Rock, CM Punk, John Cena and others are pitching their own ideas and not relying on creative to direct their characters.

There's no excuse for driving while intoxicated. Pot? Whatever. But to act this way during Mania season while there are so many hungry guys in the back itching for a spot any spot? Well, you just ****** up, pal. Have fun walking on eggshells these next few months at work, Swaggie.

View media item 280782

- If The Undertaker does commit to wrestle at WrestleMania 29, Monday’s RAW from Dallas is a logical opportunity for him to return. One scenario discussed would be The Undertaker costing CM Punk his match with John Cena, and a shot at The Rock at WrestleMania, setting up the match between them.
(Credit:WrestlingObserver)

- The planned main event for WrestleMania XXX in 2014 from New Orleans is The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar. Paul Heyman alluded to the blockbuster match on Twitter this week. WWE has been purposely keeping Lesnar and The Rock away from each other as best as they can, although they will both be on RAW together the week before and after WrestleMania 29.

- WWE recently contacted conservative talk show host Alex Jones about possibly appearing in a WrestleMania 29 angle with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter. Jones mentioned this on his radio show but didn’t say if he would do it or not.

- Cyndi Lauper is said to be under consideration for induction into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame.

Lauper’s induction obviously wouldn’t happen if another celebrity discussed gets inducted this year – Donald Trump. At one point, Trump was scheduled to be announced for this year’s Hall of Fame on the February 18th RAW.

- No confirmed word yet on what kind of actions, if any, WWE will take against Jack Swagger after his arrest on Tuesday night. The only thing we’ve heard is that they were considering “booking changes” which can’t be good for Swagger.

- People close to Steve Austin believe that he will never wrestle again. If Austin is going to try for one more match, it will likely be at WrestleMania XXX in 2014 when he is 49 years old.

The news and notes just pumped me up even more about going to WM30.

Brock v Rock.
Austin's last match.
Cena's possible death.

Can't wait.

As far as Swagger...

People make mistakes, but for him to take a risk of DUI and weed charges (especially right now) tells me he just doesn't give a **** about his future. I couldn't imagine knowing I'm in line for a major promotion at work and doing something so stupid to **** it up.

Last edited:
WrestleMania in the superdome just sounds great. I'm really looking forward to it.

- Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns have been getting rave reviews behind the scenes in WWE. All three members of The Shield are seen as having breakout potential, with Reigns having the look and intensity of a top tier guy, Rollins being a great worker and Dean Ambrose having the “it” factor that sets him apart from everybody else. Ambrose has been given the strong compliment of compared to a modern day Terry Funk.

- Vince McMahon is said to be tired of the CM Punk vs. John Cena feud. Their match on next week’s RAW will reportedly be the last time we see them cross paths for a while.

- With WWE teasing a Ryback heel turn as of late, a feud with John Cena after WrestleMania 29 has been discussed.

good to hear

- If The Undertaker does commit to wrestle at WrestleMania 29, Monday’s RAW from Dallas is a logical opportunity for him to return. One scenario discussed would be The Undertaker costing CM Punk his match with John Cena, and a shot at The Rock at WrestleMania, setting up the match between them.
(Credit:WrestlingObserver)

Only way this makes sense if they end up doing a streak vs streak storyline but it would be a tad hollow without Punk holding the belt and still having his streak

Report: WWE Writers "In A Rut", Many Top Talents Pitching Their Own Ideas, Not From Creative
Posted by: Lee of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Feb 21 2013

Source: Wrestling Observer

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the WWE writing team is currently suffering from "lots of disagreements" and "politics" is taking over rather than quality of writing.

The report goes on to say that the Damien Sandow/Cody Rhodes team/storyline which has been changed numerous times is a shining example of "poor planning" and "lack of commitment" for storylines that have built up.

Even more interesting is that top WWE talents like The Rock, CM Punk, John Cena have been pitching their ideas as supposed to creative pitching ideas to their characters......Basically, the characters are developing themselves.

If this report is accurate, it could be a major issue for WWE going into Wrestlemania season or more importantly, the "lull" that follows Wrestlemania.

--------

Possible Scenarios For Monday's Raw, Setting Up Main Event Wrestlemania Matches
Posted by: Lee of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Feb 21 2013
Source: Partial Wrestling Observer

So, the plans for Wrestlemania.....except a huge night next Monday because it's where it should all really heat up.

The Vince McMahon vs Paul Heyman match set up is more than likely due to bring out Brock Lesnar (who is confirmed for the show) which should in turn bring out Triple H setting up a Brock/HHH re-match at Wrestlemania.

Potentially, this is also the time where we will know what is happening with The Undertaker. a scenario talked about is The Undertaker costing Punk the Wrestlemania title shot and Punk/Taker at Wrestlemania with Cena/Rock headlining.

However, if The Undertaker doesn't show up next week, the big question if CM Punk loses the match will be what will his Wrestlemania match be?

Only way this makes sense if they end up doing a streak vs streak storyline but it would be a tad hollow without Punk holding the belt and still having his streak

If they go the route of Taker costing Punk the match, wouldn't he have a reason?

I think they waiy the following raw, do something there, have Punk say he wants his WM moment or something.

If they go the route of Taker costing Punk the match, wouldn't he have a reason?

I think they waiy the following raw, do something there, have Punk say he wants his WM moment or something.

That's what I wanna know. The last interaction that I remember them having was the Undertaker actually attacking CM Punk after he beat Jeff for the title. So I couldn't be some sort of revenge angle. Maybe a "You claim to be the best, but you can only claim that if you beat me at Mania..blah. blah. Saraaaaaa. blah.

- While many fans were relieved to see El Generico make his WWE NXT debut under the El Generico ring name and gimmick, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that there's no guarantee Generico will continue to use that gimmick if/when he's called up to the main roster.

WWE typically likes to own the names of its superstars, and generally doesn't allow its talent to bring in established names/gimmicks, so Generico could very well get a name/gimmick change at some point.

- Rey Mysterio VS Sin Cara at WM29 has been scrapped.

- WWE has discussed the idea of The Rock vs Brock Lesnar for this year's SummerSlam PPV, and now WWE is advertising The Rock for this year's Extreme Rules event, which is the WrestleMania follow-up PPV.

While it's not a guarantee that The Rock will be around full-time from Extreme Rules until SummerSlam, it does look like he will at least be around for a decent chunk of time following WrestleMania.

Back
Top Bottom