Wrestling Thread Feb 4-10 | 2/7 Impact from England - Sting/Bully v Aces & 8's

yeah the Shield didn't end up looking weak at all tonight with the 3 big names and a decent amount of the mid card coming out to prevent them from leaving. Could of been worse.

Thought I was the only one who was kinda upset about this

Even more than all the talk about Tout, and even more than the talk about Twitter, and even more than the talk about "WWE Universe", and even more than John Cena himself, there is nothing more about the current WWE than them saying sports entertainer instead of WRESTLER..Cause no matter how hard they try if you ask any person walking down the street what UT/Punk/Cena/Rock does for a living, they will say WRESTLER and not sports entertainer..Drives me F'in nuts..

Just caught up with raw (I work m-f the next 5 weeks to train people) but mark henry looked like a beast :smokin I donrlt see how he doesnt win the chamber match and fight del rio for the title mania..... rest of raw was meh

Voting last night on Raw for CM Punk's opponent was legitimate.  Raw was laid out for Punk to face Orton in the main event.  It's amazing to me to think that WWE would think Orton would get more votes than the returning Chris Jericho.  I mean, the vote wasn't even close.

Vince has surgery on his hip on Friday.  He did not have hip replacement surgery like they said last night.

Voting last night on Raw for CM Punk's opponent was legitimate.  Raw was laid out for Punk to face Orton in the main event.  It's amazing to me to think that WWE would think Orton would get more votes than the returning Chris Jericho.  I mean, the vote wasn't even close.

Just goes to show how out of touch they are with the WWE "Universe".

NTWT Royal Rumble PPV Prediction Contest Results
  • 94 entrants (2nd highest total ever only behind WM 28)
  • 1000 possible total points
  • High Score: 670
  • Low Score: 170
  • Avg Score: 450
  • 3.3% correctly predicted 4 matches
  • 33% correctly predicted Team Hell No to win
  • 98% correctly predicted Alberto Del Rio to win
  • Only 33% correctly predicted The Rock to leave as WWE Champion
  • 52% correctly predicted the shortest Rumble entrant to last 5-19 seconds, 38% correctly predicted the longest Rumble entrant to last 40-49 minutes, and 55% correctly predicted the most Rumble eliminations to be 5-6, the majority in each of these categories.
  • 57% correctly predicted John Cena to win the Royal Rumble.  The next most were Dolph Ziggler with 15%, Randy Orton with 10%, and Ryback with 6%.
  • Essential1 and drewj84 correctly predicted that #19 would be the entrant to win the Royal Rumble.  Unfortunately they selected Daniel Bryan and Ryback respectively to win.
  • The most popular entrance numbers were #1 and #18 with 10%.  No one selected #30.
Congratulations to our winner, goofy08, a newcomer to the contest.  I hope to see you around throughout the year.

The next contest is in just 12 days for Elimination Chamber.

I will now work on compiling all of the 2013 Predictions and Member info from a few weeks back.

rr1h.jpg
rr2e.jpg

50th?.. :stoneface: ..I gotta start taking more than 20 seconds to fill these things out..

Johnny, technically, you have more than 88 guys to bury but I think we get what you were going for there....... :D

A couple things I noticed from last night
-3 hrs is just to freakin long
-Cesaro should be givin the ball much like Sheamus was givin when he first was called up and destroyed everybody
-Punk vs Jericho was good but I have sense they are using Jericho to get all these young heels over
-After watching that little 3 way between Rollins/ Ambrose/ Reigns t6hese guys can all work and they need to be featured in the ring more
- I'm just a Del Rio mark I just love his style Face/Heel it does'nt matter
-I hope Swagger can regain that ECW form he had in the beginning
-Happy Bruno is finally in
-I wish i would have tuned in to see Lesnar destroy Miz
-Henry back is a good thing but its alittle to late in terms of Wrestlemania season
-Cena is horribly stale and needs to turn heel

Ziggler, aj, and Big E were at last night's Raw but were not used after Raw was re-written due to time constraints (because God know's we needed all those Big Show/ADR segments or multiple recap video packages).  Anyway, they were used in the dark match, of course with Ziggler losing to Cena.  It has nothing to do with Ziggler falling out of good graces or anything like that.

Tied for 5th, not bad.

- NXT Superstar, Cory Graves is the next rookie out of WWE's developmental promotion who is rumored to move up to the main roster. According to reports, Graves was on the road with WWE, working this weekend's live shows, and was backstage at last night's Monday Night Raw in Atlanta. 

- WWE and Mattel have scheduled the release of a brand new Chris Jericho action figure, as a part of their Elite Collection line of toys. This figure is unique in that Jericho's custom jacket will actually glow in the dark! His ring attire says "Jericho" on the front, with "Best in the World" on the back. 

- There were many backstage in WWE who felt it was not a good idea to break-up the Rhodes Scholars team. The decision was made so that both Rhodes and Sandow could be pushed as singles stars, with Sandow being looked as the being the bigger star.

- Last night’s WWE RAW averaged around 4.81 million viewers, making it the most-watched show on cable TV for the night. Hour one did 4.86 million viewers, hour two did 4.86 million viewers and the final hour drew 4.71 million viewers. The final rating will be out later but should be between 3.2 and 3.4.

**NTWEF News & Notes This week**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom