Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Not reading anything. Just catching up on Raw right now. Marking for Ricardo
pimp.gif

What's up with this crowd, though? $!#$ Green Bay.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

pimp.gif

No spoilers:
Yeah,crowd was dead, Vince came in during commercials to yell at  them for that

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

pimp.gif

No spoilers:
Yeah,crowd was dead, Vince came in during commercials to yell at  them for that

I'm hearing mixed reviews in here.

Let me put it this way. Tonights Raw = Mark Henry vs Big Show at Money in the Bank. Not the most exciting, shocking, epic, etc. episode of Raw. But it served its purpose and was the right thing to do.

WWE did the right thing by keeping CM Punk off TV. They didn't mention his name but Cole and King constantly referenced twitter and how wwechampionship was trending on twitter, all the while CM Punk was posting pics of him with the title at a Cubs game. Great subtle way to keep Punk relevant.

The championship tournament was the right call too. The champion isn't a WWE employee so Vince acts fast and holds a tournament to crown a new champion, not acknowledging the real champ is parading around town with the his company's title.

The big surprise at the end with HHH taking control from Vince was unexpected and ultimately leads to many more questions of, what is going to happen next? Instead of John Cena Supermanning his way to victory in 6 man tag match main event, Raw ended by creating intrigue and giving us a reason to tune in next week, something the WWE has failed to do over the past few years.

Another win for WWE writers.

I'm hearing mixed reviews in here.

Let me put it this way. Tonights Raw = Mark Henry vs Big Show at Money in the Bank. Not the most exciting, shocking, epic, etc. episode of Raw. But it served its purpose and was the right thing to do.

WWE did the right thing by keeping CM Punk off TV. They didn't mention his name but Cole and King constantly referenced twitter and how wwechampionship was trending on twitter, all the while CM Punk was posting pics of him with the title at a Cubs game. Great subtle way to keep Punk relevant.

The championship tournament was the right call too. The champion isn't a WWE employee so Vince acts fast and holds a tournament to crown a new champion, not acknowledging the real champ is parading around town with the his company's title.

The big surprise at the end with HHH taking control from Vince was unexpected and ultimately leads to many more questions of, what is going to happen next? Instead of John Cena Supermanning his way to victory in 6 man tag match main event, Raw ended by creating intrigue and giving us a reason to tune in next week, something the WWE has failed to do over the past few years.

Another win for WWE writers.

Yeah, yardfather for the first time in months, the show isn't simply about transitioning to the next PPV, but instead the next week.

Yeah, yardfather for the first time in months, the show isn't simply about transitioning to the next PPV, but instead the next week.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

23w1ffl.jpg

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

23w1ffl.jpg

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

Attitude Era was overrated.  Give me the New Generation Era.

The time between the Golden Age and the Attitude Era > 

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

Attitude Era was overrated.  Give me the New Generation Era.

The time between the Golden Age and the Attitude Era > 

All these .gifs and .jpgs. ... yet even a brief scan of any of the pages before about 24 show that about half of this thread either thought CM Punk quit or Cena was gonna get fired.

Either way, I'm upset they didn't really run with either of those. They could have seriously raised interest in wrestling.

All these .gifs and .jpgs. ... yet even a brief scan of any of the pages before about 24 show that about half of this thread either thought CM Punk quit or Cena was gonna get fired.

Either way, I'm upset they didn't really run with either of those. They could have seriously raised interest in wrestling.

All these .gifs and .jpgs. ... yet even a brief scan of any of the pages before about 24 show that about half of you seriously thought CM Punk "quit".

2v96lft.jpg

All these .gifs and .jpgs. ... yet even a brief scan of any of the pages before about 24 show that about half of you seriously thought CM Punk "quit".

2v96lft.jpg

Back
Top Bottom