Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Originally Posted by doyung9

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

backlash2krockhhh4hq5.gif

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

backlash2krockhhh4hq5.gif

OMG...
laugh.gif

OMG...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

That whole segment reminded me of this
tropic-thunder-2008.jpg

Yes
laugh.gif

The way the crowd changed on Vince was crazy. Anybody know the last time HHH was in the ring? Did he retire?

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

That whole segment reminded me of this
tropic-thunder-2008.jpg

Yes
laugh.gif

The way the crowd changed on Vince was crazy. Anybody know the last time HHH was in the ring? Did he retire?

I couldn't get into the whole segment at all... I was like ok... But it's not like Vince is no longer calling the shots behind the scenes..... Decent way to get him off tv, and just do it from the background tho... And Vince pulled it off like a pro

I couldn't get into the whole segment at all... I was like ok... But it's not like Vince is no longer calling the shots behind the scenes..... Decent way to get him off tv, and just do it from the background tho... And Vince pulled it off like a pro

27wu8lg.gif

27wu8lg.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I'm Convinced that CM punk resigned a month ago and this was an angle to get Vince off tv for good. He cant take bumps, and he knows that hes not as valuable if he cant take bumps.
Or like 4wrestling said its setting up Vince vs Steph and HHH. Heck Shane could be back low key but I doubt that....
If its Steph and HHH running the company day to day, then I do not want to see their faction rehashed.
I do not want to see CM punk more than 2 times a month ( ppv and raw episode before ppv)
Until Punk loses the title I think he will wrestle at most one time a month on PPV cards.
Thats in the "rules" right every 30 days or so...
I think keeping the title off tv is a good move. If Punk only defends the title once a month, its putting more focus on wrestling, but that means creative cannot continue to give out title shots w/o there being matches.
My best guess CM Punk announces next week that he will only defend the title in a WWE ring, and brings up the 30 day rule, and only defends it at ppvs until he loses.
The rest of the roster scraps trying to get these title shots, Punk and some indys, like how Danielson did fake book some shows long enough to not actually disapoint fans that punk wont wrestle. Keep the angle going that the champion wont be on tv for 2 months and have Punk drop the title to if I had to say it would be Del Rio.

Your thoughts kind of run together here, but I think WWE will choose to completely ignore Punk's existence until he makes his shocking return, at which point they will unify the belts.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I'm Convinced that CM punk resigned a month ago and this was an angle to get Vince off tv for good. He cant take bumps, and he knows that hes not as valuable if he cant take bumps.
Or like 4wrestling said its setting up Vince vs Steph and HHH. Heck Shane could be back low key but I doubt that....
If its Steph and HHH running the company day to day, then I do not want to see their faction rehashed.
I do not want to see CM punk more than 2 times a month ( ppv and raw episode before ppv)
Until Punk loses the title I think he will wrestle at most one time a month on PPV cards.
Thats in the "rules" right every 30 days or so...
I think keeping the title off tv is a good move. If Punk only defends the title once a month, its putting more focus on wrestling, but that means creative cannot continue to give out title shots w/o there being matches.
My best guess CM Punk announces next week that he will only defend the title in a WWE ring, and brings up the 30 day rule, and only defends it at ppvs until he loses.
The rest of the roster scraps trying to get these title shots, Punk and some indys, like how Danielson did fake book some shows long enough to not actually disapoint fans that punk wont wrestle. Keep the angle going that the champion wont be on tv for 2 months and have Punk drop the title to if I had to say it would be Del Rio.

Your thoughts kind of run together here, but I think WWE will choose to completely ignore Punk's existence until he makes his shocking return, at which point they will unify the belts.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

We need videos with Vince hunting down Punk in Chicago each week trying to latch on to Punk as his only way back into the WWE with any power. Vince searching through the depths of Wriggly trying to find Punk would be money.

I would die if they did this like have Vince walking all over Chicago looking for Punk. Imagine Vince in a bar looking for him and everyone there gives him the stone face.Vince putting up and passing out fliers of Punk with the title and have missing on them and reward amount...

We need videos with Vince hunting down Punk in Chicago each week trying to latch on to Punk as his only way back into the WWE with any power. Vince searching through the depths of Wriggly trying to find Punk would be money.

I would die if they did this like have Vince walking all over Chicago looking for Punk. Imagine Vince in a bar looking for him and everyone there gives him the stone face.Vince putting up and passing out fliers of Punk with the title and have missing on them and reward amount...

Vince will be back.....it's going to be kind of refreshing to see HHH in that role...

As much as I hate to type this...Cena's promo....best I've seen yet....props.....that "brother" comment..had me
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Vince will be back.....it's going to be kind of refreshing to see HHH in that role...

As much as I hate to type this...Cena's promo....best I've seen yet....props.....that "brother" comment..had me
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by masondid

so, Vince turns into Rooney, CM Punk turns into Ferris.

Originally Posted by masondid

so, Vince turns into Rooney, CM Punk turns into Ferris.

Vince McMahon thanked the crowd and said it's not about him but about "that son of a !*%#%" John Cena. He took of his coat and tie and called out Cena. Cena came with a mic and made fun of Vince a bit and said he didn't want to fight Vince. He offered Vince the mic and Vince said "screw you" and tried to start something physical by slapping off Cena's hat.

Ziggler, The Miz, and R-Truth came and beat up Cena. Zack Ryder, Santino Marella, and Evan Bourne made the save. Ziggler was surrounded by the faces and begged forgiveness. Cena slammed him and gave him the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Then the Cobra, an AA and Air Bourne to send the crowd home happy.

- The Rock wrote the following on Twitter tonight:

"@WWE please don't fire John Cena. You owe it to the WORLD and GOD to have my boot go right up his phony *$@ at Wrestlemania 28."

Vince McMahon thanked the crowd and said it's not about him but about "that son of a !*%#%" John Cena. He took of his coat and tie and called out Cena. Cena came with a mic and made fun of Vince a bit and said he didn't want to fight Vince. He offered Vince the mic and Vince said "screw you" and tried to start something physical by slapping off Cena's hat.

Ziggler, The Miz, and R-Truth came and beat up Cena. Zack Ryder, Santino Marella, and Evan Bourne made the save. Ziggler was surrounded by the faces and begged forgiveness. Cena slammed him and gave him the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Then the Cobra, an AA and Air Bourne to send the crowd home happy.

- The Rock wrote the following on Twitter tonight:

"@WWE please don't fire John Cena. You owe it to the WORLD and GOD to have my boot go right up his phony *$@ at Wrestlemania 28."

Not reading anything. Just catching up on Raw right now. Marking for Ricardo
pimp.gif

What's up with this crowd, though? $!#$ Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom