Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

hhh tried his best to cry
laugh.gif

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Don't think anyone here REALLY thought otherwise. We get it...

Don't think anyone here REALLY thought otherwise. We get it...

I'm Convinced that CM punk resigned a month ago and this was an angle to get Vince off tv for good. He cant take bumps, and he knows that hes not as valuable if he cant take bumps.
Or like 4wrestling said its setting up Vince vs Steph and HHH. Heck Shane could be back low key but I doubt that....
If its Steph and HHH running the company day to day, then I do not want to see their faction rehashed.
I do not want to see CM punk more than 2 times a month ( ppv and raw episode before ppv)
Until Punk loses the title I think he will wrestle at most one time a month on PPV cards.
Thats in the "rules" right every 30 days or so...
I think keeping the title off tv is a good move. If Punk only defends the title once a month, its putting more focus on wrestling, but that means creative cannot continue to give out title shots w/o there being matches.
My best guess CM Punk announces next week that he will only defend the title in a WWE ring, and brings up the 30 day rule, and only defends it at ppvs until he loses.
The rest of the roster scraps trying to get these title shots, Punk and some indys, like how Danielson did fake book some shows long enough to not actually disapoint fans that punk wont wrestle. Keep the angle going that the champion wont be on tv for 2 months and have Punk drop the title to if I had to say it would be Del Rio.

I'm Convinced that CM punk resigned a month ago and this was an angle to get Vince off tv for good. He cant take bumps, and he knows that hes not as valuable if he cant take bumps.
Or like 4wrestling said its setting up Vince vs Steph and HHH. Heck Shane could be back low key but I doubt that....
If its Steph and HHH running the company day to day, then I do not want to see their faction rehashed.
I do not want to see CM punk more than 2 times a month ( ppv and raw episode before ppv)
Until Punk loses the title I think he will wrestle at most one time a month on PPV cards.
Thats in the "rules" right every 30 days or so...
I think keeping the title off tv is a good move. If Punk only defends the title once a month, its putting more focus on wrestling, but that means creative cannot continue to give out title shots w/o there being matches.
My best guess CM Punk announces next week that he will only defend the title in a WWE ring, and brings up the 30 day rule, and only defends it at ppvs until he loses.
The rest of the roster scraps trying to get these title shots, Punk and some indys, like how Danielson did fake book some shows long enough to not actually disapoint fans that punk wont wrestle. Keep the angle going that the champion wont be on tv for 2 months and have Punk drop the title to if I had to say it would be Del Rio.

really?

What?
eek.gif

mind-blown.jpg

really?

What?
eek.gif

mind-blown.jpg

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

Attitude Era was overrated.  Give me the New Generation Era.

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

Attitude Era was overrated.  Give me the New Generation Era.

scannershead.gif

scannershead.gif

WeeBeyWire1.gif

WeeBeyWire1.gif

Back
Top Bottom